Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    This really doesn't make sense to me because The Twelve created Hydaelyn. One part I can specifically remember was Llymlaen created the oceans by loosing Leviathan into the world. After observing that Leviathan would eventually flood the land, he was sealed away in Seal Rock. This is Limsa Lominsa folklore though; I don't know if it's actually true.

So if anything, The Twelve created the Primals, going by the above.
    Not to harp on about this but: looks liek the wording is key here: If she "loosed" Leviathan, that could mean Leviathan was already in existence. If she straight up created Leviathan than that would imply all the primals are actually creations of the gods (which just raises more difficult questions).

But what I cant really get my head around is this: Im assuming Primals are basically the embodiment or manifestation of the element they represent. And the fact they are called "Primals" I take to mean elemental, as in building blocks of creation. It just seems odd to me that there would be a Navigator before there was an ocean, or a Builder and Traders before there was civilization. Maybe these titles were bestowed on them by us? It may be nothing but i feel like the chronology is important. If Primals were around first its very likely that Althyk was born from one, possibly from an unknown Astral primal? (again, Eden? "let there be light", etc). Also found this little tidbit from the Monk quest line, the one about Midgardsormr:

There was the birth of Althyk, god of time among the Twelve, and in turn, His younger sister Nymeia, goddess of fate. And then there was water, and through it the Silvertear Falls came to be at the center of all that was. Here was the source not only of water, but the fount of all magic as well. Now, when water came into being, so too did the great dragon Midgardsormr. Brother Time and Sister Fate, fearing the Falls might fall into the hands of evil, ordered Midgardsormr their protector and warden. Much later, with the arrival of man, would Midgardsormr be worshipped as the guardian deity of Silvertear Falls.
    First off: who gave birth to Althyk? If he's the first of the Twelve, this means there was something/someone that predates the Twelve. What/who could that be? Secondly: If Silvertear is the source of all water, why did Llymlaen need Leviathan to make oceans? Is Leviathan also connected to Silvertear Falls?

Not trying to get off-topic here, in fact im trying to narrow down the playing field. just seems like theres quite a few autonomous agents floating around out there we know nothing about. The Twelve are a confusing bunch, they resemble us and use our weapons and tools. Were they always this way or did they change to suit our perspective? Anyone have the text from the creation stories?
    (1)
    Last edited by Akubikumo; 11-17-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Shaku Kamui
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NoloeTazier View Post
    I mean Ascilia stabbed him, you go with F'lhaminn(think thats her name) and you discover Ascilia laying on the floor of the tomb and she's shaking scared, that's when you use The Echo. This is all main storyline. Goldsmith quest I don't remember it going into anything too deep (seems like the quests take place WELL after the main storyline) just that Colbernoux seemed to love F'lhaminn like his brother did. After the what? 4 main storyline quests? I don't remember anymore about Corguevais and Ascilia after. Things kicked off the Path of the Twelve quests, maybe there was nothing more to the story that we wouldn't find out from Minfilia.
    Ascilia definitely did not stab him though... You can clearly see it was a robed adult, seemingly male. You then see this character walk past Ascilia who is hiding in the same spot as when you approach her to use the Echo. After the echo ends Ascilia is sitting next to a dying Niellesfresne begging him "please don't die."
    video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MCQyze3HcsE
    Echo starts at 3:15, robed man/stabbing is at 4:36
    If you're suggesting she hired the man to stab Nielle, I suppose that's possible... but she definitely did not do the physical stabbing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syran Roko
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    This is slightly off-topic (read: very), but...
    With all those new train-tracks in Eorzea, I would love to see Doomtrain come and take us away into some awesome dungeon or something.

In any case, thread contains many interesting reads =]

If I had to bet on which Primal would align themselves with the players, I'd have to go with Alexander.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I wonder if each of the races have their own primal.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rau View Post
    I wonder if each of the races have their own primal.
    Carbuncle Prime returns as the marmot's primal!!!
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KaMuiSouZou View Post
    Ascilia definitely did not stab him though... You can clearly see it was a robed adult, seemingly male. You then see this character walk past Ascilia who is hiding in the same spot as when you approach her to use the Echo. After the echo ends Ascilia is sitting next to a dying Niellesfresne begging him "please don't die."
    video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MCQyze3HcsE
    Echo starts at 3:15, robed man/stabbing is at 4:36
    If you're suggesting she hired the man to stab Nielle, I suppose that's possible... but she definitely did not do the physical stabbing.
    I didn't know that storyline since i did Gridania seems interesting , but what has that to do with Primals?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    I read somewhere that Azeyma the Warden is worshiped predominately by Seeker of the Sun Miqo'te. The Twelve and the Primals both require a considerable amount of Aether to sustain, so it's possible that they are the 5-races' equivalent to the Primals. I think one possible difference is that we aren't driven to bring them into being except in dire circumstances, whereas the sylphs claim that Primals have a tendency to make the Beastmen crazy. Then again, it's possible we've been compelled to call them out all along, but never knew the methods.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post
    I read somewhere that Azeyma the Warden is worshiped predominately by Seeker of the Sun Miqo'te. The Twelve and the Primals both require a considerable amount of Aether to sustain, so it's possible that they are the 5-races' equivalent to the Primals. I think one possible difference is that we aren't driven to bring them into being except in dire circumstances, whereas the sylphs claim that Primals have a tendency to make the Beastmen crazy. Then again, it's possible we've been compelled to call them out all along, but never knew the methods.
    I want to learn how to call Rhalgr! I am devoted to destroying as a BLM >:O
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    I want to learn how to call Rhalgr! I am devoted to destroying as a BLM >:O
    Rhalgr belongs to the monks! Go play with your god of Death and Taxes.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Shaku Kamui
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    I didn't know that storyline since i did Gridania seems interesting , but what has that to do with Primals?
    It's a tangent from an earlier post I made talking about how the Echo might be connected to Ascians in addition to Primals.
    (0)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast