Player
    Character
    Kerin Kor
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80

My heart just fell totally...

...seems the horrible systems Blizzard call Cross Realm Dungeons and Cross Realm Zones, which a large number of people playing WOW detest with a passion, is coming to FFXIV:

Since it may be difficult for newer players to find others with the same objective, who are of the same level, the system will bring people together from multiple worlds. That way, you can play what you want, when you want.
    This is a recipe for disaster, the long experience of the cross-realm Looking For Dungeon has amply shown it breeds excessive greed and ass-hattery, because players can be jerks and then return to their own realm with no repercussions with regard to their community reputations.

Cross Realm Zones has destroyed large parts of the gathering game, now the over-competition for resource nodes makes leveling gathering a nightmare.

Please Yoshi, I beg of you, DON'T inflict this community-killer on us.
    (37)

Sorry, he wants to make as much money as possible. Having a good community based around your particular server doesn't fit into that equation.
    (39)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I also heard that the sky is falling.
    (67)

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    I also heard that the sky is falling.
    It did, you heard about hostess going bankrupt? No more good cupcakes = World ended.
    (31)

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I played wow, and don't remember anyone "detest"ing it. Sure, you find jerks like everywhere, but they usually shut up when they're locked up to every istance without ending one because they've been voted to kick. That+ 30 min lockout for disertion.

I'm sorry, but i find risible your hatred about cross server istancing.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Aion Zwei
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 54
    Hi guys, Im new around here, anyone want to do [insert low level dungeon] with me?

1 hour passed....

*new player logs out and uninstall FF XIV
    (93)
    Aion Zwei - Masamune

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Content finder has been known for a long time. It's not like he just announced it.
    (35)

Player
    Character
    Quesse Mithril
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    On the one hand, as a casual player, I am cautiously excited about auto-grouping. Normally I would never attempt getting a primal weapon or any mindlessly repetitive content because I don't have time to wait for a group - or more importantly to keep with the group for 3 hours of mindless repetition. Now I might be able to auto-group for one or two rounds of XYZ instance and leave.

However, I do hate cross server auto-grouping. Yes it makes auto-grouping work better because the pool is larger. But ... what a pool that will be. >.< a wretched hive of scum and villiany...
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Amelia Inverse
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    This is a recipe for disaster, the long experience of the cross-realm Looking For Dungeon has amply shown it breeds excessive greed and ass-hattery, because players can be jerks and then return to their own realm with no repercussions with regard to their community reputations.

Cross Realm Zones has destroyed large parts of the gathering game, now the over-competition for resource nodes makes leveling gathering a nightmare.
    Well let's see here, you seem to be suffering tunnel vision so let me poke some holes in it.
    - Looting will change as such you can't do ass-hattery
    - Content will change, not everything will be X-Relm LFG
    - You don't gather in a X-Relm LFG
    - This option will help the new and old dog's meet and great
    - We know very little as to what the actual plan is
    - Don't use words like "we" to back up your opinion, i do not agree with a word you said.
    (52)

Player
    Character
    Inzoum Zimia
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Someone's been following what's going on...
    (8)

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast