Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Strawberry Dragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61
    i agree with this. you should be able to set your whm apart from other whm if you put effort into it. and it should not be possible to simply switch midway in a dungeon
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    In the case of FFXIV, i simply never joined a party as BLM, BRD, MNK or WAR. If that meant not doing content, thats just how it was. I have boss macros set up for PLD, WHM, and DRG. There really isnt enough room to set up good macros for all your Jobs, and good macro work makes you better at a Job in 1.0. It sped up skill usage and allwed easy chaining of abilities and/or weaponskills. Thats why some say someone that plays everything without a care really isnt the best they can be at any of them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reika; 11-16-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Morticous Trucido
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I admit I did not read the entire post, but let me see if I got the idea. Either you would rather it be more like FFXI style where you have to go to your mog hours to change jobs.. or more like WOW where you build ten million characters to play each job.

Let me say, id rather it be FFXI style honestly. BUT, to the complaint that your forced to change to meet team needs.. If it was WOW style where your character only is one job, it would be as simple as nobody every asking you to join their party . I also would rather play the job i like, but its either change, build your own party, or not get asked to a party at all.

But again, FFXI style, going back to your MOG house to change jobs is far better then changing on the fly in my opinion, but WOW style is STUPID.
    (0)
    Morticous - Senior admin of.... well of nothing. (cool picture here)

Player
    Character
    Vanilla Latte
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Totally agree.

They should make it like XI where you can only change classes/jobs in the inn. There was a reason for it and it was exactly for this.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaLatte View Post
    Totally agree.

They should make it like XI where you can only change classes/jobs in the inn. There was a reason for it and it was exactly for this.
    They dont really need to do that, they just need to make it so you cant change inside the dungeon or instance. They already do it with Hamlet Defense.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I have every job leveled, but I'm far from geared well enough or competent enough to play every one of them. I'm kind of in a unique situation in that my LS has a shortage of tanks, which is my role of choice, so I usually get to go as one. This isn't the case for everyone though.

I feel the class stacking thing is a community issue. People look at whatever strat BG employs (my LS is guilty of this too) and adopt it. This isn't BG's fault or anything; they're employing the strategy that works best for them. It just seems many LS's take their strategy as law and that's what you have to do. To my dismay, this usually excludes people from being able to participate because they are in the same position as me in that they only have specific roles with the proper gear and knowledge to be played.

I realize the armory system was created to give flexibility, but I think something needs to be implemented, such as a class lock while in instanced content, so that people aren't expected to swap between several roles during an instance, and hopefully this would also encourage less class stacking so that people can come on whatever class they want to play.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Crevox Shadeseer
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    Sure, little Jimmy can change to Paladin. This may even make your group feel good about your setup. But without experience, without feeling the job regularly, your group is gonna fail the moment Jimmy gets splattered to on the wall by Coincounter.
    Yes, but most people don't seem to understand that just because you have the class doesn't mean you are proficient with it. They expect you to be able to play it, and if you say you can't, they are just baffled. I covered this in my main post.

Furthermore, to be perfectly honest, the skill ceiling on playing the classes right now is really low. It's not very difficult at all. Along with that, job AF is really faceroll easy to get, and that alone is enough to do the majority of existing content.

Your problem is that you play with arrogant people who think they know better than everyone else.
    Nearly every random party I joined up with?

This isn't the armoury system's fault. It's the playerbase's fault. Don't go picking at SE for what the community themselves have limited on their own.
    Like I've said time and time again, the community forms these tendencies due to the system that SE designed. If you want more details on this statement, feel free to read the many other times I explained it.

MNK may be "optimal" for the fight if everyone can play MNK at peak efficiency, but if you do 100 DPS on MNK and 115 DPS on DRG....why go with the "Optimal" setup when you'll do better allowing that person to go DRG?
    You'd have to convince parties to understand that fact, and your statement completely varies depending on the fight. If your party really needed a MNK for controlling golems during The Raven, Nevermore, then a DRG isn't going to solve that for you. The problem is people aren't willing to accept the deviation from the main strategy, because they don't want to take the time to understand why they need that certain optimal class and what the pros and cons are for switching it to something else; they'd rather just get the optimal, especially due to the fact its so easy to find it (anyone can just class switch to it).
    (1)
    Last edited by Crevox; 11-16-2012 at 04:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Vyrion Oersted
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    As much as I loved the Amory System and wish it to come back so the Job System to just go away.... Really I HATE the job system in this game btw. I know that isn't going to happen, the Job system is here to stay, and as things goes it looks more and more likely that Classes DoW and DOM are going to be made more obsolete. My main reason for hating it so much is cause the game is going to feel more like a clone of FFXI, but the Armory System gave it some hope, but it was developed right and in order for it to really work again the Game needs to have Physical Levels back. The Point Allotment makes no sense without the Physical Levels and the Jobs too make it kind of useless to have a Point System when each Job needs to have certain stats in order for it to work effectively.

So it saddens me to say it the only real use of the Classes is that sort of base element needed to obtain the Jobs. Sighs... I miss the Old Thaumaturgy... the Job System butchered it so badly....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crevox Shadeseer
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    The Point Allotment makes no sense without the Physical Levels and the Jobs too make it kind of useless to have a Point System when each Job needs to have certain stats in order for it to work effectively.

So it saddens me to say it the only real use of the Classes is that sort of base element needed to obtain the Jobs. Sighs... I miss the Old Thaumaturgy... the Job System butchered it so badly....
    Yeah, point allotment is dumb in my opinion. It's extremely limited and every class has 2 main stats that they need, so just pump them into those two stats. I guess it's nice for those people that want to be different.

There's still use in classes, but it really does depend on the class. With the large rebalancing coming in 2.0, who knows what will be good and what won't. For your example, Thaumaturge was often preferred over Black Mage because of Sacred Prism + Sanguine Rite... and a lot of people didn't want to play Black Mage due to the lack of White Magic (Raise, Cure).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Yeah, point allotment is dumb in my opinion. It's extremely limited and every class has 2 main stats that they need, so just pump them into those two stats. I guess it's nice for those people that want to be different.

There's still use in classes, but it really does depend on the class. With the large rebalancing coming in 2.0, who knows what will be good and what won't. For your example, Thaumaturge was often preferred over Black Mage because of Sacred Prism + Sanguine Rite... and a lot of people didn't want to play Black Mage due to the lack of White Magic (Raise, Cure).
    Or because they butcherd black magic to the point of mindless playability...... O a single target - Thunder. O 3 targets - Fire. /drool z z z z z
    (0)

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast