Character
    Krellian Vassago
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

New Linkshell Blackjack in 2.0

Blackjack Linkshell Website

Blackjack is a brand new linkshell set for FFXIV 2.0. If you are a new or returning player, check us out. We plan to start fresh on one of the new servers when 2.0 is released so we can experience everything it has to offer. Our website is Blackjack Linkshell Website. Register and apply to join in the fun and help Blackjack grow. Get ready for 2.0 and get pumped like we are!

Blackjack was started by two people, myself and a friend, who have been around since the FFXIV launch way back in 2010. We've played many games together and decided to get a linkshell going since we just weren't happy with the way previous guilds/linkshells of ours were run.

-----------------------------

Blackjack's Goal

The goal of Blackjack is to create a linkshell that benefits its members. We don't look for prospects with a simple mindset of what they can bring to the table. Blackjack strives to be a linkshell that members are proud to be part of and have knowledge and help right at their fingertips whenever they need it. By creating a strong base of helpful, knowledgeable, and skillful individuals, the linkshell will thrive and provide for its members.

What we look for in a player

Potential members should be looking for a place to be long-term.
    The more time spent with people in Blackjack, the better they'll work together. This will build cohesion within Blackjack as well as a good, fun environment.

A competitive outlook.
    Be willing to compete against players within Blackjack to better yourself as well as the linkshell. This will not only create a fun environment, but it will allow Blackjack members to progress faster and more efficiently as well as making Blackjack a premier linkshell. This requires a willingness to learn. However, having a bit of competition within the guild helps the guild to learn to work together and have fun doing it.

When problems arise, bring them up the chain of command.
    The chain of command is the set of officers designated in Blackjack. Officers are not chosen lightly. Therefore, you should feel comfortable talking with any officer. Find the officer who is most closely related to your problem (Community Officer, Dungeon Officer, etc.) and let them help you. If they don't help you the way you see fit, go up the officer ladder until you reach an officer who does help the way you need.

What Blackjack will provide

Good, Fun Environment
    Blackjack is focused on treating members with respect and maturity. To do this, events are constructed for all aspects of the linkshell. Whether you want dungeon runs, gathering parties, or crafting binges, Blackjack makes it happen. All the while, the events are made to be fun and not a second job.

Competition
    Whether you're a seasoned dungeon runner or a devout crafter, competition will help you reach your goals faster than ever before.

Improvement
    Blackjack has members who are knowledgable in all aspects of the game. This will allow other members guidance on becoming better players. However, this does not mean that you are required to follow what has already been tested. Individual testing of game mechanics is highly recommended for all players since this could make Blackjack even better!

Tailored Experience
    Different players play differently. With this in mind, Blackjack will always be looking for groups of individuals who work well together to create static parties. This will allow players to be able to have a schedule that works for them where they will more often have good, fun friends to play with. This does not mean that those who are part of static parties are prohibited from playing with those who are not in static parties.

-----------------------------

Come check Blackjack out at Blackjack Linkshell Website and join in on the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Izariael View Post
    Hi there, I'm Izariael Lazarus, the co-leader of Blackjack Linkshell! I'd first off like to thank you for reading and responding to our post, as it's allowing me the opportunity to clarify a few points from the original post.

As mentioned, Krellian and I are returning players, who have played from launch until the recent server close. We've gone through much of the content 1.0 had to offer, and will bring that knowledge with us to 2.0. We will not, however, be bringing our characters into 2.0, since we intend to start anew as Blackjack linkshell.

We're aware that many players will be continuing with their characters in 2.0. For many of you, that will mean characters that already have a loyalty and friendships within existing linkshells. We understand that for those players, the thought of joining a new server with a new linkshell isn't particularly appealing. Blackjack is most likely going to interest players who will be beginning 2.0 with a "fresh" adventurer, whether they be past 1.0 players or new players playing for the first time. Blackjack is here to offer those players with an opportunity to begin building a support network before the game launches, and together we will be able to explore 2.0 in its entirety.

We are eagerly awaiting alpha and beta testing, where we will be able to represent Blackjack in-game and begin a more active recruitment before official 2.0 launch. Hope to see you there!
    (3)
    Last edited by Krellian; 11-18-2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: I made some booboos :(

Player
    Character
    Will Brannigan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Can we be named Poker instead?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krellian Vassago
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Poker? I barely even know 'er! ZING!
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Shells that start recruiting before knowing the player and job requirements for the core 2.0 events are beyond me.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Krellian Vassago
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    We're just excited for 2.0 and want to get in touch with other people who are as excited as we are. If there are some like-minded people, it's icing on the cake. It could turn into a good thing.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    How can you recruit when no one knows what server they or you will be on?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krellian Vassago
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    We're going to pick a new server for 2.0, so we'll decide when they get released.
    (1)

Player

I'm pretty sure we'll get to choose our servers, otherwise friends would be split up.

I don't see the problem with getting a little group together to do events.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Krellian View Post
    We're going to pick a new server for 2.0, so we'll decide when they get released.
    Yeah, but I doubt most people will choose their server based on 'where will this LS I've no experience with going to go'.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lapulapu Surtur
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    Shells that start recruiting before knowing the player and job requirements for the core 2.0 events are beyond me.
    This is how I met my core friends in this game in the beta phase of 1.0

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast