Player
    Character
    Zoobie Senjougahara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60

Lets go everywhere instantly lololol

Teleporting is currently sad and lame. I don't mind teleporting sometimes but when it gets to the point that you're teleporting everywhere it puts a cheap feeling to everything. The most important thing becomes getting from A to B while everything in between is just an obstacle. Instant action! It gets dull quickly and you don't get that feeling you'd get with the last generation of MMO's which is essential to this type of game . I'd prefer more transportation like zepplins, trains and boats with mini-games you can do while traveling. Anything to not turn it into a tele-fest. It should be limited.. like a certain class can do it. If the maps are interesting people will want to go to them instead of skipping everything along the way.

In my opinion.
    (64)
    Last edited by IloveYouPumpkin; 11-20-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Grand Muse
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveYouPumpkin View Post
    Teleporting is currently sad and lame. I don't mind teleporting sometimes but when it gets to the point that you're teleporting everywhere it puts a cheap feeling to everything. The most important thing becomes getting from A to B while everything in between is just an obstacle. Instant action! It gets dull quickly and you don't get that feeling you'd get with the last generation of MMO's which is essential to this type of game . I'd prefer more transportation like zepplins, trains and boats with mini-games you can do while traveling. Anything to not turn it into a tele-fest. It should be limited.. like a certain class can do it. If the maps are interesting people will want to go to them instead of skipping everything along the way.

In my opinion.
    I agree with you when it comes to that feeling about exploration. FFXI gave me that more realistic and great feeling of true scale of exploration and such.

But...times have change...

Edited* However...FFXIV 1.0 still gives me that feeling of having to walk even though it's aetheryte teleport is very convenience. Unless SE takes away 20% of the teleport crystals lol...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zoobie Senjougahara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Totorixiii View Post
    .times have change...
    Screw that, re-invent the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Totorixiii View Post
    Edited* However...FFXIV 1.0 still gives me that feeling of having to walk even though it's aetheryte teleport is very convenience.
    Well the 1.0 maps aren't as good as they could be. There should more caves with treasures/mini-bosses/ or quests to pick up and things like that.
    (10)
    Last edited by IloveYouPumpkin; 11-20-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Yuusha Complex
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I agree too. They need to revert it more back to using the boats and airships, and chocobo of course. I think FFXI did good with its transportation systems. The teleport systems were much more restricting and really depended on how well your city was doing in the challenges against the other city states. Of course there were ways to exploit the game and get around quicker, but that was never intended by the developers.

The teleporting system in FFXIV is just plain lazy. Sure you had to get to the camp by chocobo the first time, but after that anima felt seemingly endless to me. I never ever ran out of it completely. Although, instant ability to teleport everywhere seems to be becoming more common place. I think Guild Wars 2's system is even worse. It uses a fee of a couple silver, instead of teleport tokens. You're never so poor that you can't afford a teleport, so you can instant teleport everywhere without worry. At least in FFXIV you had to wait for anima to recharge.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    why do people even respond to these threads?

edit: why did i respond?!
    (18)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Yuusha Complex
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rau View Post
    why do people even respond to these threads?

edit: why did i respond?!
    To kill time while we wait for beta?
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Osprey Skyhigh
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 81
    gonna nyan cat all around this muthafugga
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Deagon Willows
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveYouPumpkin View Post

In my opinion.
    They had real free teleport in ultimate online, I played it from 1999...
    You could make anywhere a rune and then teleport to that location.
    You could give other people runes, you could make a gate to the rune location, so everyone could go to that location. It was my first mmorpg, so Ididn't know better, it never bothered me at all.
    I do think in UO it was a bit too easy.

Still I walked around a lot.

I also played FFXI from 2003 till today, and when I run around I usually read a website, or watch youtube...
    Or just logout because I feel like wasting my time.

I can understand it a bit, I walked around a lot in UO because I love the exploration, but I prefer that it is a choice. Mostly I only have 1 or 2 hours to play. In FFXI it sometimes to take me a few days to get a simple quest done. (I am now busy with cop, which make me crazy with the travel times)
    Lucky with abyssea it is easier to travel around.

I am all for teleports, you don't have to use it off course. I will use it on days I don't have much time.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Zoobie Senjougahara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by DubstepNinja View Post
    gonna nyan cat all around this muthafugga
    His name is Robert Paulson.
    (1)