Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Yo, Camate.

When tarnslating dates, try to not use the XX/XX format. I read 11/1 and thought 11th of Jan.

I'm not trying to say the Americans do it wrong, I'm just suggesting writing out the month's name to avoid confusion in future.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Raltz Waltz
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I would like to change my forum name if you don't mind. Can we do that anytime soon? I didn't realize it was going to be permanent till after my friend used my account to access the forum page and then bought the game later on because he couldn't wait for the PS3 version to come out. ^^;

If the concept about ARR is about rebirth, shouldn't we be given the option of being reborn all together basically a "second chance/life"? Character appearances, character name changes, forum name changes, etc. I should have sent a twitter to ask about this for the Live Producer Letter... ><

Please respond back, thank you~ ^^
    (1)
    Last edited by Mazora_Espeon; 11-15-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Player

Thank you Yoshi and Dev team, great work to this point! bored to death without XIV can't wait for ARR!!
    (1)
    http://www.enjin.com][/url]

Player
    Character
    Kerin Kor
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira_Tenshi View Post
    People who complain about FFXIV being on PS3 should be shot. It is a FF game, a console franchise, deal with it.
    I agree, but there is a very good basis for some 'concern': FFXI.

How many times over the years have we been told that, due to "PS2 limitations" such-and-such a great feature can't be added, or such-and-such limitation can't be removed? Seems to me there's a legitimate concern here that "PS3 limitations" will be SE's mantra with XIV a few years down the road.

Sure, some folks are 'anti-console' out of weird bigotry, sense that 'real gamers use PCs', etc., but the majority of those expressing concerns here I suggest do so out of a worry that XIV, like XI, will be limited due to console restrictions.

Separate servers for consoles and PCs would at least allow for variation based on the console's lack of power, memory, whatever, so as not to neuter the PC version which could handle such features.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fey Nafilia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazora_Espeon View Post
    Repoen the servers? You mean we'll be able to play the game again soon? I thought the alpha and beta tests were currently being done? So confused... @.@
    There was a poll about whether or not players want to keep playing after the final save. More than 30% wanted the servers to remain online even if the progress doesn't carry over to ARR, so that's what they're going to do.

You can read about it here.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fey Nafilia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    [...] Separate servers for consoles and PCs would at least allow for variation based on the console's lack of power, memory, whatever, so as not to neuter the PC version which could handle such features.
    I don't remember what kind of issues they had in FFXI and which features they couldn't implement because of the PS2 restrictions. But I suspect it had something to do with the limited hard drive and/or very low bandwidth. The PS3 shouldn't have any relevant limitations in either of those since you can easily upgrade your HDD and your connection speed is only limited by your ISP (To a certain degree - don't get smart with me now! ;P ).

As for hardware performance, it's just like Yoshi said: They simply have to dial back the graphical fidelity of the PS3 version. The game needs to run on very low-spec PCs anyway - lower than the PS3 most likely. So there's no way around optimizing it for the low-end, but that doesn't prevent them from giving us the option to turn the setting all the way up if our PC can handle it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I wonder if SE received a PS4 dev kit...I understand they made a promise to release the game for the PS3, but if the release date of the PS4 is to believed (summer '13), I just wonder if it would be wise to just wait the extra couple of months for the PS4.

But, yes, thanks Yoshi & Co. I hope they take a well deserved vacation for like a month after ARR releases.... Make it happen Wada! lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kenshiro Joestar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryans View Post
    I'm not sure if you do state testing as a fun hobby but they recently said the base state modifiers for each class will be changing so you tests wouldn't apply to 2.0.
    Damn you are right, thought they were changing item sats and materia and such, but not the base stats too.

Quote Originally Posted by Denmo View Post
    Sounds like an ENJOYABLE TIME WELL SPENT.

*cough*
    It is worth it if I have fun =)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fey Nafilia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucke View Post
    I wonder if SE received a PS4 dev kit...I understand they made a promise to release the game for the PS3, but if the release date of the PS4 is to believed (summer '13), I just wonder if it would be wise to just wait the extra couple of months for the PS4.
    They can always do that later down the road. New hardware is always a challenge - even if the PS4 turns out to be more accessible than its predecessor. That, coupled with the fact that they probably won't get the final dev kits until January or later (source), means that they probably still have a long way to go until they could possibly release an optimized version for the next gen consoles.

Also, canceling the PS3 version now would be a pretty big slap in the face of those who have been waiting for it for years. And, judging on my personal experience, there seem to be quite a lot of them.

Also², now that I think about it, why would they cancel it in the first place? It's not really holding them back in any major way at this point.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazora_Espeon View Post
    Repoen the servers? You mean we'll be able to play the game again soon? I thought the alpha and beta tests were currently being done? So confused... @.@
    1 of the main features of ARR is the fact that the game will be played on servers specifically designed for the new game. As such, all the testing is being done on the new servers. They will continue to use the old, crappy servers for Ver 1.0 so there should be no interference with testing. 2 different servers for 2 different games. Hope this explains.
    (0)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast