Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Saskia Sinwolf
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 65
    Thanks for the post guys. Love seeing how it all kinda makes sense now with Darnus and his actions towards Dalamud.
    Cant wait to see how ARR starts out and see what happened to Rykku and Eorzea!!

But, good things come to those who wait ^_^
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Se'rahr Kavaskous
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Wait... open? Like, post-save? I already said my prayers and said goodbye to my family, must live in a cave until servers come back up. Why a cave? I'd rather not have my family see my dying of bordom @_@

Also... Yea, that's exactly what I keep doing. I've been watching the video like 3 times a day, smoke a little, watch it again, I'm stuck playing console games, and I hum the friggin song every time I'm not doing anything, can't get it out of my head >_<#
    (0)

Proud member of the White Ravens Club.
    Nova Detritus <Detri> is recruiting! detritus.enjin.com/about for more information!

Player
    Character
    Linkci Lunarpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I agree, with the decision to keep PS3 players and PC players on the same servers.
    I don't know if a lot of people have thought about it, but one reason FFXI has stayed strong with plenty of players logging in everyday is because it is available on multiple platforms!

With every platform there is a pool of gamers that will play the game. Over the years people grow tired of the game and leave and the population dwindles. With most MMO's this spells the death of an MMO because the worlds start to get vacant. Community based MMO systems fall apart if there is no ppl logged in to play online.

It becomes difficult to form a party/group, Guilds fall apart, PvP is no longer fun... etc.

However, like FFXI, you have gamers playing on PS2, PC and 360. Each of these groups of people have gone through a cycle of large amounts of people playing to dwindling to only a few hundred.
    However, since all these groups collaborate and mingle on the same servers the MMO can continue to be fun and viable game because there are still plenty of people playing.

It's a sort of MMO insurance, that I don't think a lot of MMO developers see as being worth the cost to develop for multiple platforms. Square-Enix has proven that it is! They may be a bit stubborn in not shutting down FFXI. However, if they did that, I don't think they could of survived restructuring FFXIV! FFXI is a continual income unlike other games where you only get a short injection of income through initial game sales and it trails off.

So, if you haven't yet, thank a fellow FFXI player as well as FFXIV players that stuck with the transition. All of them helped keep this game afloat. And for all the potiential PS3 players. Thank them for insuring the future of FFXIV:ARR for their presence on the same game servers will keep the game going for years when PC playing audience will wax and wane.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Fafnir Nidhogg
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Heads up! We rewrote the post from Yoshida in regards to the hints about the true nature of Dalamud with help from the Localization team! Thanks to them, we have a much clearer understanding of the important aspects of the post, so give it another look.
    Thank you to everyone involved!
    (2)

Alienware M15x | Intel i7 940XM | 1920x1080p | AMD 7970M 850c/1200m/.95v | Windows 8 Pro | Benchmark Score 5864 Maximum Setting

Player
    Character
    Karadign Aerello
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Having the save happen at 11/1, even with the dev team being behind.. makes more sense now. Thank you so much for the translation. It still hurts being without ffxiv though. ; ;
    so Hopefully playing ffxi will ease the pain a bit. Crossing my fingers for alpha/beta testing!!
    (0)

Character
    Justice Reborn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    As much as I miss FFXIV since that amazing end we all witnessed this past weekend, I don't personally feel it right to log on if the game returns next week. As someone who enjoys story-driven games, as well as emotional investment, the finale and accompanying video package was the epitome of emotional attachment to a story that played out so well over the past year. For me to just return to the game after witnessing its apocalyptic ending seems... wrong.

Again, this is just my personal take on it! I'll wait until 2.0, with the final memory of 1.0 being what took place just before and during Impact.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Raltz Waltz
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Repoen the servers? You mean we'll be able to play the game again soon? I thought the alpha and beta tests were currently being done? So confused... @.@
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sramdi Nitodus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Keep up the great work! (Here's to praying I get an Alpha/Beta invite!)

/panic
    (0)
    Lodestone: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/736254/

Player
    Character
    Macki De'black
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Reopening the servers would make things awkward..
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Please don't reopen the servers
    (5)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast