Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
    Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by valetarkus View Post

But it would make sense to actually use an instrument when casting song spells.
    Fear not, this is why I made the thread. It will make the job look more unique from its counterpart class.

OT:

I can't wait to see how the animation will look. Will the dev team change the graphic design for all bow weapons into bow/harp for Bard? I'm intrigued.
    (0)
    Last edited by Andrien; 01-13-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Player
    (waiting to claim squatter rights on minatos house) (Update:HAHAHAHA I actually did! ♥Minato XD)
    Character
    Kyri Sagitta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Okay Imo FFXI bards were only boring if you were doing it the wrong way. Any job can be boring if your being lazy. Back in XI I enjoyed bard, I would pull, cast shadows or cure a DD, buff my dd's buff my mages, cast a enfeebling song to make it weaker for my mages and go pull again. Add a sleep or two there and I was non stop busy busy. I miss pulling out a harp or flute and singing when I casted, I loved my enfeebles, my sleep that was different from a mages sleep, I loved buffing myself to run faster and having a wide arrangement of songs dependant on what was needed at the time(regen, bar spells, defense bonuses, attack bonuses haste bonuses ect ect) In XI, I loved my bard. In XI I loved my ranger even more.

In XIV, I loved my archer.. untill it became a archer/bard. I have hated this idea since I heard it. Make it thief make it musketeer but bard?!?! Not a fan. I would love to see a Bard/dancer combo that utilizes daggers and musical weapons. I would love to pull out a harp when I roleplay or fight. I would love to feel like a archer, not a spoony bard when I play archer. Bards could use throwing daggers or use boomerangs if they want to fight. I don't know about you but throwing daggers hurt! Not to mention long bows, short bows, cross bows, boomerangs and throwing circles were all in XI, it seems silly that the better newer flashier(wonderful mmo that I love) wouldn't have these things. Truthfully the decision of archer bards took my favorite XIV class and made it my least favorite.
    (Call me jelly if you want but this class/job choice sounds and feels about as good as a mustard and chocolate sandwich with mayo..just sayin)

I would like to see archer get a different job or just scrap the job/class/specific weapon all together because the idea was a good idea in 1.0.. in the original battle system. Now, it's silly and makes me embarrassed when I try to sell my friends on a game where they are limited to one weapon choice per job and they find out archers turn to bards..

Also give the poor carpenters arrows back(and crossbolt ones!).. give blacksmiths bullets and let me spend my money making carpenters rich. 999 stacks is fine enough for me and a hell of a lot nicer then XI's quivers. Arrows should be used, not magically made from our bums. But this is just my opinion! I love the feedback here and I love the future potential to this game.
    (4)
    Last edited by Kyri; 01-14-2013 at 05:02 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueodAjWZ0A4
    Ah, but will facing north-by-northeast at 2:45 a.m. while the moon is a waning crescent result in a 27% increase in your chances to synthesize HQ mythril ingots!? That is real the question! ~Fernehalwes~

Player
    Character
    Alchinua Malaguld
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 61
    I just want to show my support once more.

That being said I want Bard to be a musician, using instruments to work their magic, and not a simple animation. Many people consider Ocarina of Time as their most favourite Zelda game and so do I. The reason for me is that I just loved standing in the (relatively) beautiful scenery of Hyrule and play Songs on my Ocarina. Hell I even bought a few Ocarinas just to replay these songs.

A Bard (not FFXI with only 3*3 different songs) which plays songs instead of "casting" them would be much appreciated >.<
    (2)
    Last edited by Seraphe; 01-26-2013 at 01:33 AM.
    Kweh!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Pa-paya~ paya papaya~ pa-pa-ya~♪

Player
    Character
    Hamelin Rattenfanger
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Why does everyone believe it needs to be one extreme or the other? (and besides, people arguing about "ooh better take down this boss with a harp. That's just dumb." umm... that is exactly what bard does? Slings magic through the use of sound and music to debuff/control the target, buff/heal itself and party, and damage the target. Why you think that is nonsensical or unpractical is beyond me... It is just a mage who uses music instead of just their hand). Anyway, I vote for a bard who mainly uses an instrument to sing songs to aid the group and help ease the a fight with enemies. However, I am ok with the bard using a bow to have SOME damage skills so it can at least get by on its own. Bard shouldn't be a DD class. They should have the ability to survive solo (even if it is slow), but when they get in groups their main role should be support!
    (2)

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22