Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

A challenge. Make Bard more Bard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1/12/2013 edit
    In layman's terms: Make a musical instrument visible when casting songs. Nothing more and nothing less.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm fully prepared to get flamed for this, and with all seriousness I'm disappointed with FFXIV's Bard.

Now when I look at Archer and Bard in 1.xx and from the end of an era trailer, there isn't much difference or individuality that can distinguish them apart from one another. FFXIV Bard is still just an Archer besides the fact they wear Artifacts, and has access to a few extra skills that are staples to the job.

I challenge everyone, the readers out there to get somebody who never played FFXIV before, and show them the end of an era trailer. I guarantee you that they'll never know that a Bard was in it. They'll be like "Oh that Miqo'te is an Archer."

Square Enix, when I think of Bard I think of music that can be used to attack enemies, and buff allies and not just shooting arrows like an Archer would. I want to use that Harp, that Flute, and that Horn musical instruments we carry around.

2.0 make it happen.

You're free to disagree with me from the following:
    Look at this Bard. This is completely my opinion but, why other game companies is doing Bard right?

I used Aion Bard as a reference only because it actually uses instruments to fight, and to buff. There is no need to compare what it looks like except for its concept.

Discuss in the posting section below.
    (61)
    Last edited by Andrien; 01-13-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: added HD link

Player

I want to use instruments

More musical notes integrated into the WS's.

More songs (a lot more)

If they added that I'd be happy.

I want to actually use a harp and flute.

And yes that video was awesome. I wish that they'd do a lot more with the musical side of it.
    (37)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Instruments sound awesome, attacking stuff with a violin would be so much fun!

But let's leave out the penguins D:
    (11)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    You want a class that make music? Play a monk ^^
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFv2D9V9I1g&feature=plcp
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Need more abilities per level (for jobs) or a different job/class system - then you can make jobs more job like :P lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nemeera Starnight
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The bard of ff11 would be nice to have again over ff14 bard...
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Leliana <== a real bard

Funny how XIV's bard is like that rather than the pansy edwardian bard. I say our bard is very bard. Bard enough, I would say.
    (10)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line like good little casters.
    * Design ideas:
    Red Mage - COMPLETE (https://tinyurl.com/y6tsbnjh), Chemist - Second Pass (https://tinyurl.com/ssuog88), Thief - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/vdjpkoa), Rune Fencer - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/y3fomdp2)

Player
    Character
    Arkine Vanrien
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    All you need is this.

(4)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Becken View Post
    The bard of ff11 would be nice to have again over ff14 bard...
    Well that depends whether they add more than 6 usable songs.

but I enjoyed the looks of the FFXI BRD. AF1 and AF2 especially.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Grand Muse
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrien View Post
    I'm fully prepared to get flamed for this, and with all seriousness I'm disappointed with FFXIV's Bard.

Now when I look at Archer and Bard in 1.xx and from the end of an era trailer, there isn't much difference or individuality that can distinguish them apart from one another. FFXIV Bard is still just an Archer besides the fact they wear Artifacts, and has access to a few extra skills that are staples to the job.

I challenge everyone, the readers out there to let somebody who never played FFXIV before, and show them the end of an era trailer. I guarantee you that they'll never know that a Bard was in it. They'll be like "Oh that Miqo'te is an Archer."

Square Enix, when I think of Bard I think of music that can be used to attack enemies, and buff allies and not just shooting arrows like an Archer would. I want to use that Harp, that Flute, and that Horn musical instruments we carry around.

2.0 make it happen.

You're free to disagree with me from the following:
    Look at this Bard. This is completely my opinion but, why other game companies is doing Bard right?

Discuss in the posting section below.
    You don't deserve to get flame for this tbh.

Bard definitely should display more of a bard. I will give my top 3 thing I want to see added to Bard job post 2.0 ARR.

1. Give Bard a flute and harp instrument for enchancing songs and debuffing songs. Heck even attack songs!
    2. Bard should have never been under Archer class but instead if only SE added a Music class of some sort so, down the road they can add Dancer to it.
    3. Bard I prefer to be solely a supporting class that can equip daggers and will be consider Disciple of War.

The previous 1.0 Dev-Team screwed up on the new Class system. However, only thing I like is being able to change class/job via equipping weapons. Other than that, there's a flaw to this system due alot of restrictions in terms of being able to equip weapons and subbing a different job...

I hope post 2.0 ARR we continue to see improvement on the class/job changes. Even if it takes many updates to get it right I seriously don't mind.
    (12)
    Last edited by Totorixiii; 11-14-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast