Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mudd Vader
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 54
    Yeah, I'd like to see Bard take up its own Class and Job with musical type instruments. I never really got to play it in 11, but I remembered them being extremely useful and a very intriguing job.
    (6)

Player

I strongly agree, bard doesn't feel like a bard at all. Needs instruments, need songs (lots of them!), needs to actually play their instrument(s) or sing. At least the AF gear has a bard feel to it, even if I don't dig the tights.

Also, does anyone else think that bow is a mismatch for bard? I might be alone on this one.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazaki View Post
    Also, does anyone else think that bow is a mismatch for bard? I might be alone on this one.
    The awesomeness of Leliana aside, bards are an offshoot of the rogue archetype, which comprises of daggers, swords and bows. It's not as farfetched as some may think.
    (14)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line like good little casters.
    * Design ideas:
    Red Mage - COMPLETE (https://tinyurl.com/y6tsbnjh), Chemist - Second Pass (https://tinyurl.com/ssuog88), Thief - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/vdjpkoa), Rune Fencer - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/y3fomdp2)

Player
    Character
    Rutelor Mhaurani
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Leliana <== a real bard

Funny how XIV's bard is like that rather than the pansy edwardian bard. I say our bard is very bard. Bard enough, I would say.
    Huh??

(0)

Player

I hope they change BRD into more of a support tbh. Support jobs are my favourite thing to play, but a lot of the time it feels like BRD's support songs take a backseat.

And it looks more like a ranger than a BRD.

I don't mind using a bow, but I'd like music to be the primary focus of the class.
    (9)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    The awesomeness of Leliana aside, bards are an offshoot of the rogue archetype, which comprises of daggers, swords and bows. It's not as farfetched as some may think.
    Ah well when you put it that, makes quite a bit of sense. I'm still bummed that jobs are weapon locked, bard with dagger + bow would of been a great substitute until we get thief.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Macus Blakkstarr
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    yall seem to forget bards use bows. dragon age is a good example. wasnt there a final fantasy game where bard used a bow. correct me if im wrong. i dont want ff11 bard where i just play sings and thats it. lol go afk while yall kill stuff. ill come back and buff once the songs goes away. come on people u gotta adjust with the times. SE just needs to add more song uses for bard. i like using my bow on bard. i get to shot and sing. whats wrong with that.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Akujin Aetheoryn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Making Bards more musically based, rather than a backliner attacker/pseudo-mage would be nice. If music did infact play a key role in their skills rather than a niche that they use to fill the job's role in with.

Instead of a /dance emote, the bard could pull out their instrument and actually play some notes, key a melody of some fashoin. Various instruments granting different melodies so not everyone always sounds the same when they're standing around whichever city the populace decides to congregate to and pose in.

I like that Aion is incorporating the music to their system, but dear lord, do not make it so butterfly/flower and unicorn flashy. That made me cringe. If they actually incorporated job specific quests that utalize the job particular abilities to make it really stand out would be welcomed as well. In the case of a Bard, like the Wandering Minstrel, let there be a quest line that requires them going from city to city, village and outpost, performing for troops or distinguished guests. Personally I'm more into the blm and war gaming roles, but I do like the idea of making a bard, really a bard.

Side note: I suggest watching the Gunner preview after the bard one, the dual weilding pistols is pretty generic, but those big guns are neat.
    (3)
    Last edited by Akujin; 11-14-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Just want to make this clear.

I'm not suggesting to take away the bow and arrow from Bard. I'd also like Square Enix to make more bow/harp specific weapons for Bard. The bow should be like a swiss army knife, switching from bow to harp mode when you need it to. And, of course the music.
    (1)
    Last edited by Andrien; 11-14-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Bard is clearly not a bard in FFXIV
    it's just an archer that cast a song ever 30sec, for the rest of the time you play as an archer, clearly
    (12)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast