Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    You want a class that make music? Play a monk ^^
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFv2D9V9I1g&feature=plcp
    LOL awesome posted that link on cheer YoshiP & Dev team thread lol
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    I agree 100%.

To this I'd like to add that in XIV BRD has the HIGHEST enfeebling in the GAME, in the G A M E.
    If you did bard against nael extreme you will probably know that bard casting aero for bleed would stick 5/6 vs 2/6.
    Bloodletter had a highly proc'ing debuff as well.

Lets keep that in mind, now let me follow through with a different topic for a second.
    Bard could use either a haste or attack up song, the rest would be useless.
    What Bard needs desperately though is lullaby and debuffs.

But for debuffs, do we want songs? Why not just add more debuffs to our WS's?

We know bard isn't a top tier DPS, but he DPS's anyway and he is (this is big) the highest enfeebler that currently exists. So why not make the focus of his DPS keeping debuffs on the mob?

Songs for buffs, WS for debuffs.
    I agree with the bolded, but the animations for the WS should be far more musically orientated. It's just aesthetics, but aesthetics are important for a game with shared weapons.

As for an attack or haste song... Haste shouldn't be in, ever. An attack song would be fine as long as they added more useful songs to work along side it. We should be able to sing two songs too.

I like how Minuet has a dual purpose in XIV. I'd like to see that emulated across other songs. Attack song? Make it give MAB too. That way you can significantly lower the amount of necessary songs.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Macus Blakkstarr
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    YAY TWIDDLE, finally someone that knows what they talking about on bard. i like the way bard is now, have songs that u will actually use instaed of haveing 100 songs at your disposal use only 10 of them. thats a waste of space and gil. people need to let go of ff11 bard. the vattle system is much faster paced in ff14 than ff11. bards mechanic from ff11 will not work, therefore bards need to be like rifts bard which we do have now. A SUPPORT DD, same as red mage, jack of all trades but master of none. i be people are gonna cry that when red mage is implemented, that it wont be a refresh whore like ff11. people please leave ff11 bard to ff11, ff14 needs to become its own game sepertate from ff11, with some stuff from ff11.lol i betcha im gonna get blacklisted from the forum for speaking the truth on bard. SO PLEASE SE DONT CHANGE BARD, LEAVE IT AS IS AND GIVE BARD MORE SONGS TO PLAY WITH. thnx lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingolf View Post
    I agree with the bolded, but the animations for the WS should be far more musically orientated. It's just aesthetics, but aesthetics are important for a game with shared weapons.

As for an attack or haste song... Haste shouldn't be in, ever. An attack song would be fine as long as they added more useful songs to work along side it. We should be able to sing two songs too.

I like how Minuet has a dual purpose in XIV. I'd like to see that emulated across other songs. Attack song? Make it give MAB too. That way you can significantly lower the amount of necessary songs.
    I wouldn't mind the animation being changed *but*

1- I'd rather see the song animations getting implemented first
    2- In lore the bards are archers who sing to raise the spirit of their teamates. But nontheless, archers. So I wouldn't like seeing huge music notes crashing down enemies like on that video that's been floating around. :P

I'd be nice if each WS would produce a musical note, and a combo would sound like a small melody when done fully.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lady Fireheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Personally, I love being able to do damage on bard.

I've been bard main since it came out in XIV, and I was bard main throughout my entire XI career. I absolutely hated being nothing but support. I hate back-up healing. I'm not a WHM for a reason. I refused to be bard this time around if it was going to be like that.

Yeah- I agree they should add more songs. Useful party songs, enfeebs, whatever. But I'd kind of like to keep my ability to attack. Personally, even though I don't think it really fits Bard, I had a lot of fun being an ARCBRD. I loved the range attacks and Rain of Death.
    (2)

Player

I wouldn't mind the animation being changed *but*

1- I'd rather see the song animations getting implemented first
    2- In lore the bards are archers who sing to raise the spirit of their teamates. But nontheless, archers. So I wouldn't like seeing huge music notes crashing down enemies like on that video that's been floating around. :P
    Well yeah, that's OTT I mean something more akin to how Bard would shoot out musical notes in FFV.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I'm getting really tired of people calling for DPS.

When a class is designed to do more than just DPS, the problem will never be that they are not putting out enough DPS.

The problem will be that most of the fights in 1.0 were designed as DPS races not Tactical battles.

Bards should be exactly the way they were in 1.0 with more Musical Flare. More songs would be great, offensive songs would be great, but nothing will matter if all Fights continue to be DPS races.
    (3)

Character
    Eji Boo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    i agree, XIV's bard is pretty dumb. archer definitely got the short end of the stick when it came to jobs. hell, thm and cnj did as well, taking away all of the stuff that made them unique to just... clone a previous game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Einsof Zeb
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

I'd be nice if each WS would produce a musical note, and a combo would sound like a small melody when done fully.
    You know, that sounds really really cool~

Anywho, BRD need not become a top tier DPS position. If you want to do some serious damage there are better jobs more tailored to it. What we've got is certainly more interested than purely supporting other players damage dealing; BRD's can carry their own weight outside of supporting the team.
    (0)

Player

The armory system just needs to go, but I'm afraid it's too late for them to do it.
    (0)

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast