Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Melding armor/weapons.

crafting weapons & armor should add materia slots. think FFVII how the weapons already have empty slots.
    if you craft a body piece it should have anywhere betwwen 0-5 slot you can add materia. that way you can turn one piece of equip into five and thats five different price ranges in the market wards.

melding should be 100% like dyeing.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Xt Hydra
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    well its interesting switching melding loss for that...so infact if you dont want the item.. you can still end up selling it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aqu'a Fantasia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I actually quite like this idea! Obviously, to make up for it, the pieces which have 2 or more available slots would have to be much harder to make or be a matter of chance as opposed to the actual melding of the materia having a win/loss chance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    I actually quite like this idea! Obviously, to make up for it, the pieces which have 2 or more available slots would have to be much harder to make or be a matter of chance as opposed to the actual melding of the materia having a win/loss chance.
    kinda what im saying.
    when you make equip as a crafter you get more slot per quality highest quality gives you 5 slots with double down.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Six
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    This is a great idea, but i think added this to the game would have some serious effects on the economy. You would then be including another highly sought after price ceiling-less items into the game. The prices for materia will sky rocket simply because now you are guaranteed the meld if you have the slots for it. 3+ slotted items will be astronomical just because they can be..

i just think in the long run it will cause more trouble then help
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aqu'a Fantasia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    kinda what im saying.
    when you make equip as a crafter you get more slot per quality highest quality gives you 5 slots with double down.
    Only down-point about this though is that there's going to be no people buying materias +16 to +19, except for temp gear. Everyone will end up having gear that has +100 (Which sounds pretty orgasmic, on 2nd thoughts).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    Only down-point about this though is that there's going to be no people buying materias +16 to +19, except for temp gear. Everyone will end up having gear that has +100 (Which sounds pretty orgasmic, on 2nd thoughts).
    well were still not sure about the new stats of materia.

Quote Originally Posted by RoosterAgathos View Post
    This is a great idea, but i think added this to the game would have some serious effects on the economy. You would then be including another highly sought after price ceiling-less items into the game. The prices for materia will sky rocket simply because now you are guaranteed the meld if you have the slots for it. 3+ slotted items will be astronomical just because they can be..

i just think in the long run it will cause more trouble then help
    think it would just do the usual high price on top armor will be most costly but also opens up more access to the less slot armor. dont think materia will change in price people will still be breaking armor to get what they want. other games have slots and different items to stick the slots and that didnt get insane prices.
    current system is already hurting prices since everything is random and people charge crazy prices like 20mill for a 2 meld.
    (0)