Player
    Character
    Jojimbo Matsumoto
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Trees and roots

Latest videos from the game that shows revamp of the areas give me the chills in a great way, the devs have and are doing a great job with version 2 (ARR). However i see something that I want to give attention to.

Trees have roots and the roots are nowhere to be seen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQb_t...ure=plpp_video

It would give Gridania and areas with large tree quantity an even better atmosphere if roots lay across the path we walk.

I realize that this is not of the utmost importance, but i'd like this game to be magic to both play and appearance. Details in graphics are important, it makes you feel like you are really there.

Is this something only I notice or do someone out there agree with me?
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Oh nice!

Didnt think about that.. shame on me

The level designer should try out some roots and see how it looks. Does look a little pristine / well organized for a forest - somehow the Gridanians are masters at "large scale" bonsai ? lol.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    I do see roots on the realy wide trees. You can especially see them on the ones out in the distance from the docks when the miqo goes there.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    I do see roots on the realy wide trees. You can especially see them on the ones out in the distance from the docks when the miqo goes there.
    The wonderfully convenient straight down roots yeah - I think he is talking about the more common all over the damn place roots.

Dont need it to be root city but it is a little peculiar to not see any outer roots. As he also said though - its not a game killer but could add a little extra something.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    The wonderfully convenient straight down roots yeah - I think he is talking about the more common all over the damn place roots.
    Like the ones a tree like Yggdrasil would have?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Like the ones a tree like Yggdrasil would have?
    Are you suggesting Yggdrasil does or does not have normal tree roots? Also is that the name of those trees?

I hope not.. should save the epic tree name for an epic tree XD lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Are you suggesting Yggdrasil does or does not have normal tree roots? Also is that the name of those trees?

I hope not.. should save the epic tree name for an epic tree XD lol
    No I mean how Yggdrasil has roots that you would have to climb and travel over to get to the base of the tree.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    No I mean how Yggdrasil has roots that you would have to climb and travel over to get to the base of the tree.
    Oh Yeah like the Lifa tree in FFIX. I really want to see one of those in FFXIV actually.

But for the city obviously the roots would be mostly for decoration and not for cock blocking your character lol. Like a lot of the trees are on the cliff - you could have some roots coming out of the cliff a little lower. Draw out a couple roots on the ground in less annoying places. Little things - however to not sound like I'm utterly bitching I do have to say FFXIV 2.0 roots >>>>>>>>>>> 1.0 roots. 1.0's looked like ground that had its texture changed (which I'm sure is what happened ... lol)
    (2)
    Last edited by Shougun; 11-16-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jojimbo Matsumoto
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Yes, overdoing it won't be any good, it has to look realistic and convenient. Roots go down into the earth and then forces its way on top of the surface. From what i see, the roots just go down and it looks kind of unnatural to me.
    We are talking perfection here. XD

Dont need it to be root city but it is a little peculiar to not see any outer roots. As he also said though - its not a game killer but could add a little extra something.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Never noticed it before, not gonna matter in the least to me. Would be nice I guess but not something I'd worry about.
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast