Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

new melding system. more casual? no thanks!

How do you feel about the new melding system?
    Apparently all tiers will have the same stats and it will be easier to make multi melds.
    Also the stats bonuses that come from materia will be lowered and be made more casual.

I'm hating this. Materia customization is what could really put your character aside from others.

I don't think anyone ever complained about this. If its not broken, don't fix it, I'd say.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Hart Underpall
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 85
    There has been more than a few changes to make things easier, you'll save yourself some headaches if you just let it go.

People don't like it when you call them casual, especially when they know you're right.
    (39)

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I'm tired of the gambling mechanics of melding to be honest. Bring on the change!
    (160)

Player
    Character
    Zafeira Zhalwann
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    Materia customization is what could really put your character aside from others.
    And here I was thinking that having epic looking gear with boss stats would really put your character aside from others.

Silly me.
    (48)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaltus View Post
    I'm tired of the gambling mechanics of melding to be honest. Bring on the change!
    It appears from translations that the gambling mechanics are still there - just turned easy mode lol
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Felix Valmont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    How do you feel about the new melding system?
    Apparently all tiers will have the same stats and it will be easier to make multi melds.
    Also the stats bonuses that come from materia will be lowered and be made more casual.

I'm hating this. Materia customization is what could really put your character aside from others.

I don't think anyone ever complained about this. If its not broken, don't fix it, I'd say.
    with the stat changes and calculations i'm sure it will all even out in the end
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    It appears from translations that the gambling mechanics are still there - just turned easy mode lol
    One little step at a time =P
    (3)

Player
    Uldah (i picked Limsa Lominsa by mistake at phase 4!)
    Character
    Undie Nilleshna
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    if you want to be a sadist and blow millions and millions of gil thats up to you....i dont have the amount of playtime to farm that sort of money, or spend hour upon hour spiritbonding to make materia that might or might not give me what i want...Im not saying that the melding rate should be made 100%, just improve the success rate... plus noone has any real idea what the new stat system will be like. I think there'll be clearer benefits to melted gear in ARR as opposed to none melded gear.
    On a final note, i think its going to be a lot harder to make gil in ARR, which means less disposable gil to take failure after failure on multi melds. I think itll balance itself out. Ill admit, i never ventured into multimelds as i just couldnt afford the failure..If i got a piece of equipment say a bow from Skirmish that is a decent entry level end game weapon i couldnt afford to fail melds time and time again on what is really down to a roll of the dice with very low odds of success.
    (43)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    There were many issues with this early form of materia... many which could be compounded when Grade V become available at the next cap raise.

Just be glad the change is being done now, when its effect is less of an annoyance.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pat Ceravic
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I'm all for this. I'm tired of blowing up millions and millions of gil. I'd much rather them make more hard to get items from drops than have most things be able to be beaten by a double or triple meld.
    (26)

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast