Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Go full speed ahead with change. They said "fluctuations". That pertains to the stat variations in a same tier. Thank god they are getting rid of that. It felt so wrong when they got rid of the +2, +3 mats just to move that to materias.... Clogs the inventory like crary.

I'd rather have slots instead of a stacked chance. I'd also like to safely meld items with different stats instead of always trying to stack a single stat.
    Exactly! The way it was set up, making you need to use all the same stats, some melds would easily put people above the cap and therefore be useless.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Radav Qadav
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Please bring on the changes to materia SE! We don't need to have 4 different variations of 1 tier. As many have mentioned this just became an annoyance similar to the old crafting system.

I'd like to see more changes to the materia system itself. I personally feel it should be closer to the FFVII materia system where gear had slots and you went hunting for materia to fill up those slots. Pieces of gear with materia slots allow materia attachment with 100% effectiveness and anything over the # of slots would cause all materia to be lost except for the weapon. Tie this system to dungeon drops and I think we'd have something much better then the current system. Crafted gear would still be the main way to create materia thus preserving demand. While people who enjoy dungeon running for gear would not feel like all their hard work beating Ifritx can be trumped by someone getting lucky with RNG.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lin Celistine
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyph View Post
    And here I was thinking that having epic looking gear with boss stats would really put your character aside from others.

Silly me.

I'm going to be plain on the main issue of this thread: The gambling mechanic in the meteria system is idiotic.

If you're wanting to identify yourself by having rare drops that are only achievable by a focus groups, go right ahead. But this should not be effective on Meteria, which is about customization.

And if I may go on a small tangent about stats and Meteria - they should allow for multiple viable builds, rather than a single rigid expectation. I know a lot of people enjoy looking down upon one another in MMOs, but it's stupid to design the game mechanics around it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tinks Fenrir
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Apparently I'm one of the few people that was ok with the materia system as it was. Sure it sucked blowing things up, but when you succeeded on a really low odd meld there was a sense of elation that went with it. Can't even tell you how much I've blown up trying to meld stuff, but the successes made me happy enough to balance it all out.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a system of melding similar to HQing a synth. Same kind of thing, a nice sense of elation goes with that. But by increasing the odds so that everyone gets multi melds it just becomes routine. At that point the joy of success is taken away because it will happen so frequently. I don't like the RNG for drops (AV/CC/Primals), but I think its fine for materia.

Edit: I do like the changes to the tiers though. Those were ridiculous.
    (2)
    Last edited by Tinks; 11-13-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Leo Vanhalen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I agree. I'm all for the same stat per tier, but I'm against tampering with the success rate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by EnkiOro View Post
    You just made me realize that one of my retainers will be super happy. Had a bunch of STR IIIs that I was keeping for doublemelds, and had right about each of the fluctuations!
    I kept a ton of materia around too, just waiting til they finally make this change.
    (0)

Player

yeah the meld system was decent way to get good gear and make good gil, i had trouble trying to trans late the meld system going casual, you sumd it up well, giving the fact i payed like 5M for one trip meld item, i dont like this at all. but i will wait and see what the full system will be. SE might have a good balanced system set for it.
    (1)

In Game pic from Deus Ex

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Sounds like this'll be a nice change for the relic quest, assuming double meld is still a requirement.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kak Alexander
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    You can tell a lot of you people that dont have trip/quad melded gear, I myself have 2 Quad melded pieces of gear. Now ask yourself this: How many relics/corslets have you seen in comparison to quad melded gear? A LOT right? to make quad/ tripple meld is extremelly difficlut IMO, and most players know that. Now that being said... Im just mad that I didnt sell them before this anouncement came out >.<
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xeonerable Fenrir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    I'm hating this. Materia customization is what could really put your character aside from others.

I don't think anyone ever complained about this. If its not broken, don't fix it, I'd say.
    Not really, with all the slot restrictions on materia everybody is basically limited to the same spots. Mostly everyone just melds the same shit to the same gear anyway so where is the uniqueness in that? Also so much materia has been completely useless. It was designed just to waste time and gil. (and boy has it ~_~)

I have always felt it was broken and I'm glad SE is reworking it.
    (2)

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast