Player
    Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90

Will Relic weapons current stats be adjusted?

Hey, had a random thought today.

Presuming quite a few jobs are getting an overhaul, and some are getting stat changes / abilities adjusted etc (MNK I am looking at you specifically), will the Relic weapon stats change to fit in with the new system?

A few live letters ago, Yoshi stated that all jobs are getting modified (which was really expected anyway), but specifically PGL/MNK.. My major question is this~ I will use MNK as an example

If the elemental fists are removed (speculation I know, but a possibility), this would give MNK no real use for MP. If this is the case, the Refresh+ & the MP+ (which is really 'lol' anyway) will be extremely underwhelming compared to others..

Throw the ball in the other court, BLM and WHM's relic which has a heavy base stat+, will these be adjusted down to fit in with the Materia melding change?

I apologise if this has been answered, I remember it being stated that the quest will change, but cannot recall hearing about the stats specifically.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Odds are they could be readjusted depending on how they change the way attributes work in the game. Since they are overhauling materia in the game and even said that materia that was useful/worthwhile in 1.0 might not be the same in 2.0 so it's not worth hording may be a hint that some stats will change come the release of 2.0

Though to get a definitive answer we'll most likely have to wait til the game at least goes into open beta, or they at least give us an idea of how item statistics may change. Since they also have to change all the statistics for the bows, since arrows are no longer used. So a Crab bow with whatever dmg it has might need to have it bumped up a few att points since arrows are no longer part of it's damage equation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Yeah that is a valid point about Bows. Something that didn't even cross my mind.. Although I would assume that has already been adjusted and tested to an extent.

I do hope relics get an overhaul to an extent (I hope they leave DRG and PLD's alone though).. Perhaps I should throw this question up on the live letter question thread to get a definitive answer. It isn't game breaking news, I was just worried that some relics will lose a lot more value/credibility if they weren't modified to fit in with the new job overhauls.
    (0)