Character
    Kerin Kor
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Hey guys.

Final Fantasy XIV lore will first be told in-game, but in the future Yoshida will be looking into compiling it into a book and releasing it!
    Okay, but a plea here.

There are many, like me, who don't 'raid' much if at all, I certainly haven't in XI nor did I in XIV V1. For us, the 'lore' that such content contains is out of reach to experience first-hand and likely not at all, yet of course with FF games it's the lore that's often the biggest part for the more 'casual' players.

Revealing lore in-game first is fine, but can Yoshi consider how to make it more widely available.

I know the arguments that'll be made against this, that it's the 'carrot' to entice players to try to 'beat' it, but really if that's the only motivation some have then that shouldn't be a consideration IMO.

For example, in Warcraft Blizzard have created a mechanic such that, once the 'final boss' of an expansion has been defeated on a server there is a way to view the end cutscenes from that encounter even if you can't do it yourself for any reason.

Those who never finished COP on-level never saw the full-screen CS at the end, I'm sure many would have loved to have done so. Over time, of course, many have completed that content at levels above COP, but of course that only happens years later.

Just a thought, and preferable IMO to resorting to YouTube for poor quality vidcaps.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    let lazy people see the good cutscenes.
    No thanks. This is a game, not a movie. It's like saying to someone who picks up FF7 for the first time, blows up the first reactor then says "ok can I see the final cutscene?". Reward the people that complete content to see the cutscenes - no one else. :/

As for the lore book, sounds good. Although I probably wouldn't buy it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dragonheart Lux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Hey guys.

Final Fantasy XIV lore will first be told in-game, but in the future Yoshida will be looking into compiling it into a book and releasing it!
    woohohooo i was hoping before ARR release, but this is a great news anyway
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Can you imagine how much bank SE could pull in if they released PDF and Hardcover lore books for each game's world? Oh, man. That'd make up some losses @.@

Do it right, though... really pound on that concept art!
    (3)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Virtus Kerensky
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    Okay, but a plea here.

There are many, like me, who don't 'raid' much if at all, I certainly haven't in XI nor did I in XIV V1. For us, the 'lore' that such content contains is out of reach to experience first-hand and likely not at all, yet of course with FF games it's the lore that's often the biggest part for the more 'casual' players.
    I wouldn't worry about it since the endgame scene in 2.0 will be very different from XI and XIV 1.xx.

The cross-server LFG tool alone will undoubtedly make the mass majority of content accessible. They already shown their willing to make a "Story-mode/Hard-mode" approach to content unlike XI so casual players like you can enjoy the story while giving hardcore raiders a challenge and loot to chase after.

I don't think we're in any danger of Yoshi-P making a CoP-2.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Se'rahr Kavaskous
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    /signed /10char
    (0)

Proud member of the White Ravens Club.
    Nova Detritus <Detri> is recruiting! detritus.enjin.com/about for more information!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7