Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90

Why is Black Mage information being incredibly ignored for 2.0?

Seriously every job has been mentioned for changes to 2.0, except black mages.

Monk being more hybrid.

Seen white mage changes, Dragoon, and bard as well.

Some Paladin/Warrior stuff planned for later content mentioned in the newest translation by Bayohne.

DoL/DoH got some stuff answered, might have sucked though, didn't look it at.

But Black Mage/Thaumaturge has had absolutely no information in months. All I know is that it's apparently being changed for 2.0, but how?

Are we gonna have more spell freedom and not be limited to thunder only?

Please throw me a bone here.
    (5)

Player
    Uldah (i picked Limsa Lominsa by mistake at phase 4!)
    Character
    Undie Nilleshna
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    well in the trailers we have access to water and meteor spells..beyond that no idea....i dont want to just spam thunder for the rest of my BLM career.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Water was on the conjurer list in the casting animation video. As for meteor... looks cool, but i want to see its damage.

And before anyone says videos prove nothing... Bursts video was terrible damage, called it, people made harsh comment and finally comes out and bam, burst does crap damage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cedri Vastal
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    As far as I can tell we'll only be able to cast Meteor as a c-c-c-combo.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I think you're exaggerating a bit, but I don't think I've seen any MAJOR changes listed for any job at this point. We can deduce a couple of things from various footage taken from Alpha, such as a spell that appears to be a Water spell. The last live interview also stated stat points are changing around a lot.

The whole armory system and battle system have been kept pretty hush-hush up until this point and we're probably not going to find out much until beta when more of the game is available to mess with.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    The video shows players as either Dragoon, Bard, and White mage. We've seen what dragoon can do, and what was in store for white mage.

We know that Monk is going to be the most reworked job from the letters.

Paladin and Warrior have been on the hush as well. The only complaint I ever really hear on them though on Masamune was enmity control. I am probably worng with this next part, but enmity is the only problem then that should mean they are fine to play as of the moment. So they don't need much a chnaged besides enmity generation?

Then comes black mage. Everything seems wrong with it. Yes, change is coming for it. But is it going to be good? We won't know unless we are told what it will be, or until we experience for ourselves.

Personally I would like to see the information on it before 2.0 released, Such as the first video of the black mage revamp.

They showed burst, it did pitful damage, and it still does pitiful damage, I don't care if it's cheap on mana. The effort to get your hp low, having combo active with excruciate and dark seal with perfect timing is not simple to only see it barely do thundaga range damage.

I would like to see 2.0 black mage so I can comment on it, see if it's good, or if it need improvement.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amelia Inverse
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 60
    Black Mage is not in a manner of speaking getting ignored.
    It will get new skills (just has not be mentioned yet)
    It will get better versatility (just has not be mentioned yet)
    It's a job with a well defined role which will not change come 2.0.

BLM has never been in limbo, while the info you listed above for other jobs is only there to pull those jobs out of the void.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    If they are going to include PvP they are going to need to redo many of BLM's abilities (I'd assume). It's just too powerful. BLM needs a major weakness. Combo's will likely be replaced by bursts. And tiered spells like Fire, Fira, and Firaga might share one recast timer. Don't hold your breath for a massive damage increase though.

These are just my ideas of course.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    If they are going to include PvP they are going to need to redo many of BLM's abilities (I'd assume). It's just too powerful. BLM needs a major weakness. Combo's will likely be replaced by bursts. And tiered spells like Fire, Fira, and Firaga might share one recast timer. Don't hold your breath for a massive damage increase though.

These are just my ideas of course.
    Black Mage has a major flaw, it's only really good with Thunder spells. Fire takes too long to cast, and it's mp cost is horrible. For pvp you'll only really need thunder resistance for pvp if they keep black mage the same.

If Fire line spells shared a timer, it would just be one more reason never to use it.

I am not asking for huge damage increase, I am asking for fire/ice to be on par with thunder line spells, and anicent magic spells to be ancient magic spells. Not enmity reduction only.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mister Wonderful
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I'm glad I just play other games in the down time.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast