Player
    Character
    Jesse Sandor
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 47

Beta Key Needed For Phase 4?

I am really hoping a dev can answer this question. Since phase 4 is supposed to be open beta, does that mean we will not need a beta key to participate?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mithras Invictus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It does not require a key. That's what makes it open; anybody can join.
    (0)
    When the world was young, the Sun bestowed upon me his crown; always will I light your darkest hour.

Player
    Character
    Jesse Sandor
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 47
    Quote Originally Posted by MithrasInvictus View Post
    It does not require a key. That's what makes it open; anybody can join.
    That is what I initially thought too, but I have been told that the open beta for version 1.0 required a beta key so I want confirmation.

My younger brother played 1.0 and despite numerous calls, tickets, e-mail support, and inbox refreshing... he never got his beta key for phase 3. By the time Bayhone set up the special phone line for 1.0 players seeking their code, phase 3 was practically nearing its end. I told him it was ok because character data is not saved so only phase 4 matters. Now my little brother is diligently working and saving up his vacation hours and it would really aggrivate me if he takes his hard earned time off for phase 4 only to spend it all on the phone, putting in tickets, etc... for a code he will never have.

I'm not asking for spoilers, ingame content, dates, or anything like that... just a simple & practical question. Is there a beta key required for open beta? We've been paying customers since Chains of Promethia was new and it would take maybe a minute or less for a dev to simply provide a "yea" or a "ney" on this one. Please devs! Let us know so we can plan our time off accordingly!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    You do not need a developers answer as it is common knowledge my dear.

The answer is provided to you, yes it is open to you and to all of us without need of a key.

The plan is that the data will also be saved and carry over to launch, unless a critical bug is discovered.

Beta road map is located here for your perusal ^_^
    (0)

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Player
    Character
    Jesse Sandor
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 47
    Quote Originally Posted by Niqote View Post
    You do not need a developers answer as it is common knowledge my dear.

The answer is provided to you, yes it is open to you and to all of us without need of a key.

The plan is that the data will also be saved and carry over to launch, unless a critical bug is discovered.

Beta road map is located here for your perusal ^_^
    I sincerely hope you are right, but the roadmap does not specifically say one way or the other if a key will be required for phase 4. I just looked it over one more time to be sure and it doesn't. It says it is an open beta, but if the "open beta" for version 1.0 required a code, then it is something for me to be legitimately concerned about. Above all, I don't wanna see my hard working little brother put in a crapload of hard work and overtime to build up vacation hours just to spend it all refreshing his inbox in disappointment.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    No need to hope, open beta means it's open to everyone. You didn't need a key for open beta in 1.0 either, as I was in the closed beta and had a friend join me for open beta then.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luzaf Ephramad
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    All that is needed is a valid SE account.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pwna Graphic
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Your mouth is an open beta and everyone is invited.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Elfen Lied
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    This is how I always define "Open Beta", Everyone and their mothers can join. Even that uncle under the bridge. Meaning, YOU, ME, Everyone, even the Trolls.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Looks like a code might be required for Phase 4:

Deadlines for Beta Test Applications and Beta Code Registration (Posted: 19 July 2013)

For those who have registered a beta code by Tuesday, July 30th, 2013 9:59p.m. (PDT), you will automatically be accepted to participate in Beta Test phase 4 (final Beta Test). If you have not yet registered a beta code, please make sure to complete the registration process before the above date.

For those of you who have not yet applied for the Beta Test, please submit your application by Monday, July 22, 2013 (PDT).
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast