Page 2 of 181 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Makono Makan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I think they already have handled it poorly. If they had just allowed anything at start, probably nobody would have really mentioned it outside a few zealots. But now if they first only have heterosexual marriage, it would become a big deal when and if they add same-sex marriage.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Personally, I'm fine either way.

I do feel people get WAY bent out of shape about this issue.
    (8)
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    Tamako Lalako
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    The only negative reaction to same-sex marriage would be the ignorant masses that you wouldn't want on this game anyway.

(As someone who is religious, It embarrasses me that these sorts of people are so prominent - I swear it's just the loud ones)
    (23)

Player

As Issachar is getting at, I believe this is more of a political matter. I doubt the majority of players would be offended, or even care about same sex marriage, however it might put SE in a bad light on other aspects politically because it's such a sensitive area in many places still.

Personally I don't care though..
    (0)

Player

Considering the amount of homosexual references in the game already and the general acceptance of the population on the subject it's fairly silly to not allow it. I understand that those who are against it are a minority and it's mostly an issue with countries that ban same sex marriage or homosexuality in general, but as this is an era of progress, human rights, and fairness, it would seem archaic for a videogame company (especially Square Enix of all companies) to not allow it.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Kaeya Alberich
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Issachar View Post
    I dont think a poll is appropriate for this topic. The fragility of the topic goes beyond this simple game, it could negatively affect the company and it's brands if mishandled.
    Ah sorry I never meant to say it is easy. I know it's a sensitive topic but this thread is not only for poll results. It's also for feedback.
    I also know that SE seems to worry a lot about it because weren't there some similar problems regarding the gender change with 2.0?
    On the other hand Yoshida did ask for feedback and I don't think this is something that should not be discussed.
    A poll with unexplained results might not be good.
    But a poll with feedback is ok I think because it can give you a quick overview of the community's oppinion (or at least those who are active on the forums).
    If you want to have more detailed information on the other hand you can read the feedback following the poll.

This is just our opinion. Whether SE does allow it or not is still up to them because they have a better ovreview about their relationship with politics anyways.
    I can imagine that e.g. in China where there are closed servers those things might be restricted (I don't know how China handles homosexuality though).
    (1)
    Last edited by Loggos; 11-11-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aurora Vlondett
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I will have to say, to anyone who complains about it, I would really like to just bop them upside the head and remind them that this is a game, and as such really doesn't have any bearing on the real life issues. Heck, they can't even invoke God, because, to the best of my knowledge, the 12 gods we have in Eorzea don't care about same-sex marriage.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I think they could dodge a lot of bullets if they didn't call it 'marriage' but tried a different name like bonding, handfasting, pairing etc then allowing the same sex union.

I'm not against same sex marriage at all, but it'd kinda shy away from the stigma of folks getting their underwear in a twist over marriage not being shown in a traditional (to them) light.

Personally I would love to see same sex unions, as one poster mentioned earlier; there are a lot of people who play characters that don't properly reflect their r/l gender, so to leave them out of something like this based on aesthetic choice wouldn't be cool.
    (36)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Kaeya Alberich
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I really like that idea, Nix.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Thanks Loggos ^^♪
    (1)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Page 2 of 181 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast