Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46
    Player
    Character
    Talshara Blade
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 72
    Bahamut is definitely in a league of his own compared to Ifrit and Garuda ... atleast I would hope so lol
    (0)
    Less Reality makes for better Fantasy!
    Support adding "6 Fulms Under" to gpose!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/376127-Request-for-gpose%21-Sinking%21

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingolf View Post
    Do we even know if Bahamut is a primal in the same scope as the others?
    He was referred to as the primal of dragons. The other primals speak of him as a peer, even though they refuse to say his name and don't seem to like him much.
    (1)

Player

Well I guess if Ifrit had been fed that much energy, he could similarly be that much of a threat.

Though he does seem more powerful than Garuda and Ifrit combined.
    (0)

Player

I dunno actually, I do think that Bahamut is significantly stronger than the other Primals... What other reason would the Allagans have to imprison him over simply defeating him.

Saying that, were the primals we fought the actual primal, or simply an aspect of the primal?
    (0)

I'm still waiting for more remnants of the allag civilization to pop up which gives us the mission to go after bahamut in the first expansion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fallenstarz Lila
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Leowilde View Post
    By the way, I realized that if one can forget about James Bond, the song Skyfall fits kinda well with the End of an Era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeumyOzKqgI
    Hahhaha, I started them up both at the exact same time from 0:00 of each video and they fit perfectly together! a shame Skyfall ends before the FFXIV trailer. lmao
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingolf View Post
    Who's to say Nael van Darnus wasn't feeding him information anyway. Clearly the Garleans weren't afraid of Bahamut.
    I don't know about that..in the trailer when he blows up Dalamud and is completely free you see some garlemald troop guys run for their lives together with some of the guild company lol and most of the missile thingies he shoots land on the side where the empire is and castrom novum, trailer doesn't show him taking down spaceships tho where Gaius is.

And for Bahamut been different than the rest, He is an Elder Primal just like Odin so far the only two that share that title in FF14's lore not to mention they are the only primals that wear armor
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Ingolf:

Why did the Allagan's lock him up? The motivations behind all this are still a mystery to me.

Because of it, I'm not fully convinced that Bahamut is evil, any more than Ifrit or Garuda were evil. Van Darnus even said, in the Garuda Wakening quest, that he was being painted as the villain. Now we just found out that he is of Allagan descent. Louisoux knew Bahamut was in there, and he also knew that there was no stopping him. Cid revealed that after we "defeated" Darnus on Rivenroad (Hard). Yet he never said anything about it. And by giving us access to the primal fights and encouraging us to go defeat primals, Louisoux helped Bahamut get too strong for the Allagan's techno-magic to contain, pretty much guaranteeing that he'll never be locked up again. Which seems kinda awkward, if you want to think that Louisoux was trying to avoid Bahamut's release.

To me all of this points to something beyond the obvious Big Daddy Bahamut conclusion that FFXIV 1.0 has. It seems that both sides wanted Bahamut free, even if it was for conflicting reasons.
    (0)

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46