Player
    Character
    Baby Cakin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Culinarian: Craftmanship vs. Magic Craftmanship

Ok so I was thinkin that Magic Craftmanship was the main attribute for Culinarian since its Main hand is based on MND and Off Hand is based on PIE. But recently I was informed Craftmanship is what helps basic synths while Magic Craftmanship is more for striking HQ O.o. Does anyone know which observation is the right one >.<
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    The second one is not true. Your stats (the MND and PIE mentioned) are what help you HQ stat-wise. If I'm not mistaken, either craftmanship or magic craftmanship will affect the success rate of actions, and which one helps varies depending on the recipe.

I'm willing to bet that weaver and culinarian are more magic oriented, while armorer, goldsmith, and blacksmith are more non-magical, since the first two can wear robes (which give more magic craftmanship) and the latter three can wear doublets (which give more craftmanship). Alchemist can wear both however, and carpenter and tanner are stuck wearing doublet-vests and coatees, which are all DoH (Or they can wear other things with even less stats I suppose).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zarvlad Vanstein
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    As stated in the FAQs, Craftmanship vs. Magic Craftmanship influence is per recipe.

Usually, I've found out that recipe where I only process the materials or assemble them, craftmanship will give me better results, while recipies where i transform the materials, magic craftmanship will be of greater help.

Example:

Fish cleaning a Maiden Carp = Craftmanship
    Making Grilled Carp off Maiden Carp = Magic Craftmanship
    Juices = craftmanship
    Salads = craftmanship
    cooking or baking = magic craftmanship
    eic.

This also been proven working for me with my other crafts.

Give it a try, and let's compare results
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Baby Cakin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Oh I really appreciate the info guys, and Zarvlad I'll defintely test it out, sounds like you know how it works =D. I'll let you know how it goes and I'll post the results
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zarvlad Vanstein
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Well, i based my tests on the following:

Q. What do the crafter-related attributes Craftsmanship, Magic Craftsmanhip, and Control each do?
    A. Among recipes in the game, there are those for which the rate of progress and chance of success are increased by higher Craftsmanship, and those for which they are determined by Magic Craftsmanship. Control helps to reduce the occurrence of aetherial sparking (see below), and exerts its influence over both types of recipes just mentioned.

All recipes, however, have set attribute requirements. Attempting a recipe with attributes below those required will result in lessened progress and quality, even for successful actions.
    And them tries to apply a bit of logic. It seems to work but i may be wrong, eventually I'll be doing more in-depth testing .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thuggly Wuggly
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    I'm pretty sure HQ'ing comes from MND and PIE. MND for mainhand PIE for offhand tools.

Until recently i've been trying to make Black Pearls to no avail, then after chatting with a few other LS crafters, discovered my failing was my poor 15 MND, As Gladiator was my main, i was pumping all my points into VIT, STR and DEX , so I restatted and moved some points around and gave myself 100 MND, straight away 3 Black Pearls from 40 Blacklip Oysters, then the servers went down , need to do more testing once the servers come back up.
    (1)

http://kotrls.guildwork.com

Player

Has anyone done any testings for black pearls? craftsmanship v m.craftmanship? main hand(MND) v offhand (pie)? the amount of point you had for stats/craft/mcraft/control or anything?
    (0)
    Pony|N00B Linkshell of Istory
    A starter LS where new people and returners can come in ask questions and receive help whenever they need it~ /tell Ele Lespeera or Toon Biscuit