Player
    Character
    Deepening Shadow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolteotl View Post
    Inorite? Like the removal of TA loot mandates, the implementation of quest based leveling, the fact that you all are still searching for something that will make u feel Elite, etc...
    It's not so much that we're still searching, but that we're demanding. Once we've beaten something of a certain difficulty, we don't just lay back and resign to easier content for the rest of the game. If you're content with easy content/fights for the next several years of this MMO that's perfectly fine, but I'm not content with that. We ask for more challenges, and so far Yoshi & team have delivered every time.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Momo Snugglebites
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 81
    The beauty of XIV is they can release new Job specific armor that is closer to other FF games besides the ones we have now as the cap increases. Since the game seems to be incorporating features from many titles, different variations on armor would be awesome. They can do the same with weapons and create newer stonger relics rather than upgrading the ones we have so we can look like a paladin or white mage from a different game rather than the IVish one they have now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    No one had relic weapons in FFXI. Other relic gear yes. But not the weapon. Each relic weapon is augmented with a weapon skill that was augmented with tier 3 skillchain property (i.e. Light or Dark). This allowed people to continue a Light or Dark skillchain one time further. Yet you never saw people using these skillchains. I recall one player I encountered spamming "Knights of the Round" every chance he/she got.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ca...:Relic_Weapons

That goes into detail about what's involved in obtaining relics.

http://www.ffxiah.com/relics

The number of people on FFXIAH who have been seen equipped with a relic.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Leila Stormborn
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    I recall one player I encountered spamming "Knights of the Round" every chance he/she got.
    OT: Ya I probably would have too and picture FFVII every time it went off... 9999 9999 9999 9999 9999 pewpewpew 9999...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heL6FCojAbI

I also like how FFXI could essentially change a job. Take PLD for example. With Excalibur you went from tanking with SHITTY dps to being able to do fantastic dps. I once saw a parse of an excal pally engaging jol and afking and outparsed all his shells blms.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    If they have learned from XI in terms of the magian trials and I'm pretty sure they said it themselves, but later on the weapons themselves will be upgradeable so the aspect of no weapon being able to be stronger than relics shouldn't be an issue.

If anything one can hope that later on in the relic's life cycle they allow ways to make them more unique between players or perhaps the relics themselves can take on the form of another weapon. kind of like perhaps the Excalibur could be a relic that turns into a blade focused more on healing/dmg taken and another blade focused on offensive/healing with dmg dealt. It will be interesting to see how relics will evolve in the future or even how they may introduce new weaponry though there will definitely be a long time before we see anything like that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Konstantine Porphyrogenitos
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    If this thread has taught me anything it is that SE should not listen to any of us when it comes to relics and what not. Everybody is on a different page and it would be akin to the inmates running the asylum.

Oh and nobody should expect to see Relics or Mythic quests on the scale of FFXI EVER make a reappearance. The days when you would undertake a quest for a real life year are long gone. I can almost guarantee you nothing in 2.0, even relic/mythic quests will ever be as punishing as XI's were. Take that to the bank.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    The only "lol" relic was Claustrum. Every other relic were fine. Excalibur was debatable. These days it's up in the air since fully capping off a relic is usually done with those without access to a mythic or a good empyrean, for example Almace could be seen as a better choice for PLD unless they have their mythic sword. Note: Could Be.
    I'm keeping the time period in mind. During CoP and going into TAU few bothered to get something other than the shield and horn. The only people I ever met that aimed for anything else sponsored their own runs and either gave up or I lost track of. I never saw Gungnir until after the lv75 cap was raised. Same thing for Ragnarok, Apocalypse and so on. Hell, the first Excalibur I ever saw was on a Red Mage mule owned by this one multiboxer on Fairy/Sylph post-Abyssea.

This statement is funny, because if SE didn't opt to change calculations, you can guarantee people will still be using pre 50 cap raise gear in XIV over new gear because they would have powerful melded gear that will last for a long time to come.
    Indeed. The supposed nerf to stats gained from materia will also play a role in this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFatHousecat View Post
    It's not so much that we're still searching, but that we're demanding. Once we've beaten something of a certain difficulty, we don't just lay back and resign to easier content for the rest of the game. If you're content with easy content/fights for the next several years of this MMO that's perfectly fine, but I'm not content with that. We ask for more challenges, and so far Yoshi & team have delivered every time.
    Challenges are fine and good. I'm always been a proponent for multiple difficulty tiers for fights, and hard modes where applicable. Maybe an occasional hard-mode extra boss or something.

Personally, what I don't want is content (characters, zones) withheld using difficulty tiers. I would have been pretty pissed if To Kill a Raven had required me having a relic, having speed run and hard mode clears, and being in the top 10% for Hamlet Defense just to actually enter the fight , for example.
    (1)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line like good little casters.
    * Design ideas:
    Red Mage - COMPLETE (https://tinyurl.com/y6tsbnjh), Chemist - Second Pass (https://tinyurl.com/ssuog88), Thief - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/vdjpkoa), Rune Fencer - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/y3fomdp2)

Player
    Character
    Yolteotl Divinicus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFatHousecat View Post
    I agree with that, it's just I do not agree with people thinking the FFXI Relic system is a good idea for FFXIV. Which is the predominant example that people desire in the thread. It's one thing to continue the progressive difficulties, its another to want something that took so long for 1 person to get but 30 people to assist that by the time ur looking at the 4th person ur looking at a 2 year waiting period (aka ~$288 less u risk losing ur points). THAT kind of 'Content' is nothing more than a time sink. There were only 2 steps of a FFXI Relic that were challenigng the Necropsyche and the Testament, but it took the participation of all those people all those years just to advance so few. That "Content' is nothing more than Elitism at it's ugliest and not content that this game has ever acted like was to be considered. It's one thing to put in Content that most groups will struggle at, another to put in Content that your own group's members will not be able to obtain the reward EVER even though your group has the skill to do it well.

Also, the use of 'Hardcore' by Yoshi-P is not a position against my argument, ur melding his words to meet ur opinion. At the time Yoshi-P made that statement there was also a clear definition of what they meant at that same time by 'Hardcore' or 'Casual'. The only difference between the two in actual context to what he was saying was Hardcore = people who log-in everyday for a relevant amount of time and Casual = people who only log-in 3 or less days a week for a relevant amnount of time.
    (2)
    Last edited by Yolteotl; 11-14-2012 at 05:28 PM.

9. 11-14-2012 04:06 PM

10. 11-14-2012 04:08 PM

Player
    Character
    Macus Blakkstarr
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    YOLTEOTL U HAVE MADE TOO MUCH SENSE IN THAT STATEMENT U BETTER BE CAREFUL, PEOPLE WHO ARE ELITIST ARE GONNA SAY U JUST MAD CAUSE U DIDNT GET RELIC.
    (0)

Checked with Yoshida-san.

While relic weapons are currently the most powerful, when we release weapons stronger than them, we plan on making it possible to enhance relic weapons. So with that said, keeping relic weapons as a base, we'll look into enhancements so that their stats can catch up to others if they lag behind.
    (80)
    Okipuit - Community Team

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast