Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Nefario Call
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    I got the impression that the relics will need to be upgraded with each cap increase, so overall, the current relic quest would just be the beginning. If not, they'll be outdated maybe as soon as the first major update (which is when Yoshi said a cap increase is likely).
    (1)
    --------------
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/145190-Dungeons-Opening-Up-To-Explore
    Make it happen.

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    These relics have been implemented with the intent to upgrade them even further as the game goes on, so the problem with 11's relics won't happen here as they can just continuously make them one-up everything else as the game expands. The relics in this game are also a lot more accessible than the ones from 11, especially because everything involving them requires a group progressing together rather than hordes of people working for one person and the time investment is much more reasonable.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I think darklight is harder to get then relics.

You can buy out the seal system by getting #1 prov., you can buy out the melds part through the market (just buy the base weapon), all you really have to do is spirit bound the thing.

Its a pretty weak quest currently. I hope they remove the buyout features of the relic quest and turn it to skill, and time (not time related to money).

Also relics will be upgradeable - I'm certain I read this from a rep/dev.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Mog
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    I think darklight is harder to get then relics.

You can buy out the seal system by getting #1 prov., you can buy out the melds part through the market (just buy the base weapon), all you really have to do is spirit bound the thing.

Its a pretty weak quest currently. I hope they remove the buyout features of the relic quest and turn it to skill, and time (not time related to money).

Also relics will be upgradeable - I'm certain I read this from a rep/dev.
    No boss is harder than the Random Number Generator ; ;
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Cecilia Amor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I honestly feel bad for those with relics, negates the drive to do future content.

This could be solved by making situational weapons that excel at certain content more so than relics, like weapons that deal more damage to certain mob types, some with heavy elemental affinity, or gimmick weapons like XI's kraken club. This would also negate the inevitable tiered content issue that plagues most modern MMOs
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Luzaf Ephramad
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    I don't want the challenge of relic weapons to go away.
    The only thing I want changed,removed,w/e is the hamlet defense requirement, I hated hamlet defense and lost all drive to go on with the questline when I learned it was required to even start the quest.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Relicts is planned to be upgradeable.
    New level cap is coming -> new relict quest to make the old relict weapon stronger -> relict weapon is still the best weapon
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocko View Post
    I honestly feel bad for those with relics, negates the drive to do future content.

This could be solved by making situational weapons that excel at certain content more so than relics, like weapons that deal more damage to certain mob types, some with heavy elemental affinity, or gimmick weapons like XI's kraken club. This would also negate the inevitable tiered content issue that plagues most modern MMOs
    it would only negate the desire to do future content if the future content is based on sub par weapons. Lets hope there are more gear choices and not all weapons.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Einsof Zeb
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    they need prerequisites back for doing everything like in FFXI. right now there no checks & balences just spaming stuff.
    even other games required you to get something to start working for things.

like FFXI bcnm you need beastmen seals then you have to buy a orb then you get to a burning circle.
    dynamis you buy a clock then have 1 hour to finsh then your locked out for 3 days.
    no prerequisites just means the game will dry up faster and give less things to do.
    I agree. FFXIV has "prerequisites", but they're so so easy to fulfill as is. To fight primals all you need to do is kill some regular monsters that drop the required item with an extremely high rate. Most other content has a similar requirement for entry if it requires anything at all besides be 45+ or something. As easy as leveling is, the level requirement is a joke.

I hope they've taken note and will adjust things in ARR such that you really can't just spam your way to getting everything. In FFXI, the sense of accomplishment when you got something really was significant.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rusalka Camenae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    I don't mind if they release stronger weapons than relics just as long as the relics are upgradeable at the time the better weapons are released. This could be not only stat wise but I think it would be cool if you learned a unique ability or weaponskill with the next set of upgradeable relics that you can only use if you have completed the quest. That would REALLY separate the men from the boys in that regard, and give people a reason to do the relic quest even if there are weapons with similar stats, or better stats later on.

Like a paladin that gets defender or some crap if they do the next step in the relic quest, or a bard with a new song unique to the upgraded relic that increases critical hit rate and crit attack or something.

It probably isn't going to happen but I can dream. The biggest issue with the relics right now is the fact there are decent weapons available to the masses and there really isn't an "oh shit this person has a relic" factor when you join a group. They need to make it so that if you join a pug and people see you with a relic they know shits about to go down.
    (1)
    Last edited by Req; 11-09-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast