Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingolf View Post
    If the level cap goes up, Relic weapons will be outdone by regular weapons.

This is a good thing.

We already have way too many level 50 weapons.
    somebody missed the memo...
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    somebody missed the memo...
    I'm aware that we'll be able to improve relics.

The base item though, should and hopefully will be outdone by level 50+ weapons.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lin Celistine
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingolf View Post
    I'm aware that we'll be able to improve relics.

The base item though, should and hopefully will be outdone by level 50+ weapons.
    That's a statistical eventuality there Golf. It doesn't even need to be said.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    Welcome to the world of MMO's?
    More like
    Welcome to the world of Warcraft.
    Any progression based MMO that increases its lvl caps/has expansions makes your previous expansion gear irrelevent when they do. Since FFXIV is adding Ilvl, I think they are about to become progression based.

They're most likely going to have their Relic weapon upgrade quest, hopefully not blasted with the copy/paste beam like Relic Reborn, but if they aren't retarded about it, no one is going to be able to just "Go right for" the upgrade just because they have the previous expansions relic weapon. They're going to have to progress towards being able to do it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reika; 11-17-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Player
    Character
    Index Labyrinthya
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Serdapi View Post
    As many have pointed out, this current quest has 2 random factors. Hamlet Seals and Melds. The rest is farming/quests/fights.

Please stop calling this current quest "random". Thank you.
    But it is random...and offers no insight into the class itself whatsoever "hey go get some coins...get lucky with a double meld (after blowing 5 or 6 of the weapons you need)...now ummm I dunno go get some random seals from a crappy thing that requires you to mix some potions while a paladin runs in circles...yes a DEFENSE by MAKING POTS instead of I dunno.... FIGHTING THE DAMN THINGS.... because you know..facing the beast tribes with cooking tools is such a good idea! now ummm...go kill ifrit cuz...dunno...fire is good...whatvs just do it"

Theres no interesting factor in getting your weapon and it the quest was made in the most roundabout and annoying manner possible just as a time sink...THIS is the reason I didnt even bother with it after failing 3 double melds for my mnk weapon I gave up on it hoping they will make it more interesting....not to mention it would be far better if it was a solo attempt, a line of quests, HARD, but soloable to prove you mastered your current class.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    There should have been some other method of getting seals. Hamlet defense was a poor choice, but most likely their only choice, like everything else about the relic quest was...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yolteotl Divinicus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    The closest comparison to FFXIV relic weapons is a blend of the magian trials and mythic weapons in FFXI. Even though they are considered 'easy' to obtain in FFXIV it still encapsulated all the material the game provided at the time, similar to a Mythic (although considerably easier because of the limitations of the content). At the same time they are considered better than the other weapons available but not amazing. As the upgrading tiers of FFXIV relics continue similar to Magian trials, it is safe to assume that the requirements are going to become much more difficult to obtain (look at the requirement differences between a fully-upgraded Magian Relic/Empy and it's base in the current system), and more than likely a much more impressive pieces of gear.

The main variance between a Mythic and a FFXIV Relic is that all content needed to obtain a Mythic was locked when they ever became available, so therefore the difficulty of obtaining a Mythic was much higher and the base weapon more impressive but never progressed in difficulty as more content came out until the last few Magian trials, with the exception of the player base no longer participating in the content.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yolteotl; 11-17-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Syran Roko
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    SE made relics available very early on in FFXI's lifecycle in 2003. They were the top weapons until 2010 when abyssea came out and gave us Empyrean weapons some of which were better then relics.

Relics created an artificial ceiling on weapons in FFXI in that no weapon released in that 10 year time span could be better then a relic or have higher damage on it.

Now we have FFXIV they released relics early on as well. Are we going to see a repeat of what happened in FFXI where every new weapon that comes out has to be worse then relics? Or will we actually see them come out with new weapons that are better then relics?
    Uh... that's kind of the point, bro.

As the game progresses and level caps are increased, you should expect to see the developers implement methods to bring these weapons back up to "best-in-slot" status.

But I wouldn't be surprised if these weapons became the AF weapons of FFXIV either =]
    (1)
    Last edited by Syrokko; 11-17-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27