Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Checked with Yoshida-san.

While relic weapons are currently the most powerful, when we release weapons stronger than them, we plan on making it possible to enhance relic weapons. So with that said, keeping relic weapons as a base, we'll look into enhancements so that their stats can catch up to others if they lag behind.
    I hate the idea of weapons stronger than relics, even if they become upgradeable.

Something better than artemis bow seems ridiculous.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    I hate the idea of weapons stronger than relics, even if they become upgradeable.

Something better than artemis bow seems ridiculous.
    Well as the level caps get higher they have to give those without relics something. I mean there should be things better than level 50 relics at higher levels. However with relics being upgradeable they'll catch up and can still be relevant.
    (6)

Player

I enjoy that there will be weapons stronger than the base relics eventually, and that it will consequently make the pursuit of a relic much more important to the individual. Frankly, I think they shouldn't wait for weapons to "get better" though, especially with the way the current relics tend to be lacking for their effort. I think relic upgrading should be on its own dev schedule, and therefore impartial to whatever drops from the latest crystal tower floor or new dungeon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Macus Blakkstarr
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    agreed with tsubarta let the new weapons shine a bit then let relics upgrade at the devs leisure. we dont know what changed to the relic quest and some people wont bother with it so you gotta give the people that dont want relic equal weapon oportunity too. you cannot give hardcore all the good stuff and leave casuals behind. youll loose alot of the fan base just catering to hardcore.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eadieni Valefor
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I like this methodology. I just hope relics get exclusive weaponskills someday. And particle effects
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Defmetal View Post
    I like this methodology. I just hope relics get exclusive weaponskills someday. And particle effects
    XD weapon effects only if you are going to do it right and very seldom, no WoW weapon effects >.>

(more or less a dedicated texture and model vs particles (particle weapons tend to look cheesy))

Relics with exclusive weaponskills would be awesome - it would help offset "compare-ables" that SE introduces over the years.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Although the relics in FFXI were clearly the 'best' you could get, content wasn't designed around these relics because they were SO RARE. The relics in FFXI did not set the standard. They were above and beyond all things, but when content was created/tested, it did not consider the relics in existence. No one 'needed' a relic to do well.

In FFXIV, relics are easier to get (if you have a skilled, dedicated group of just 8 people), so I feel as though they might be taken into consideration when new content is made, at least more than FFXI relics were. What I mean to say is... FFXIV relics might become more of a 'standard' while they were never a standard in FFXI.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuko View Post
    Although the relics in FFXI were clearly the 'best' you could get, content wasn't designed around these relics because they were SO RARE. The relics in FFXI did not set the standard. They were above and beyond all things, but when content was created/tested, it did not consider the relics in existence.

In FFXIV, relics are easier to get (if you have a skilled, dedicated group of just 8 people), so I feel as though they might be taken into consideration when new content is made, at least more than FFXI relics were. What I mean to say is... FFXIV relics might become more of a 'standard' while they were never a standard in FFXI.
    Yeah - I expect either the relic upgrade quests to suddenly jump in difficulty or that relics will not be the true end game weapons. Mythic weapons might come in and trash the place lol - Masamune.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akujin Aetheoryn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I had been thinking about the same topic earlier, what I figure they'll do is release components every couple of years or so to scale the weapons upwards into a higher tier. Causing players to seek out very rare, hard to get materials that you take back to the guy who forges these current relics to upgrade them to a new tier. If you dont upgrade the weapon, they still remain powerful, but something else can surpass them from dungeons, etc. Eventually the level cap will increase, the most powerful weapons should not be level 50 weapons, whether they are Relic grade or not. Instead, as the level cap increases, components should be included in the game that will boost the weapons' own capabilities while also increasing its level to be used as well, every 5 levels or so (to stay in league with level increases) until the cap is hit. I stopped playing XI long before Magian and Emperyian weapons were released so I dont know much about them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lyndel Qa'tre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    The upgrade feature makes sense. If you have been around and stuck with the relic questline from the beginning, it won't be nearly as big of a deal to get a completed relic @ level 75 relic cap (Theoretical) Because you've done them as you've released. However if you start in 2.0 and have to catch up to max level first, then do the entire base quest, then several upgrade quests of equal difficulty, I see them being pretty rare.
    (1)

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast