Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    Source?
    It was a while ago, either in one of the producer videos or quoted from a rep. I'm "pretty sure" that is what they said.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inzoum Zimia
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Eventually, more powerful equipment will appear as the level cap is pushed further, making the initial Artifacts and Relics obsolete or at least less appealing. When that happens, the plan is for Artifacts and Relics to be upgraded to more powerful, higher-level forms through additional quests, so that these pieces of equipment stick with you and grow with you. This was already stated.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karon Mephisto
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I have no clue how people compare FFXI to FFXIV Relics.

A lot people listed allready what is similiar and what is not, but it does not change the fact that certain Japanese People managed to get all Relics within a Timeframe of 2 Weeks, while fastest Relic was done within 24 Hours.

I'm Sorry? People can say whatever say want, but in FFXI it was impossible to get Relic done in that amount of Time. Does not matter if it's RNG or not.

So for me the current "Relics" are more compareable to the FFXI's AF-Weapons.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nero; 11-10-2012 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    So for me the current "Relics" are more compareable to the FFXI's AF-Weapons.
    This is EXACTLY what they are, however SE retagged them to relics. XIV relics = XI Empyreans in terms of difficulty.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rusalka Camenae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    Alot of people saying XIV relics aren't legendary items in this thread haven't even beaten ifrit, and alot of them completed the quest line for the first within the past couple of weeks....

This is after all the strategies have been hammered out for months and there is a ton of information available detailing each step in the process.
    (1)
    Last edited by Req; 11-10-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Karon Mephisto
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Req View Post
    Alot of people saying XIV relics aren't legendary items in this thread haven't even beaten ifrit, and alot of them completed the quest line for the first within the past couple of weeks....

This is after all the strategies have been hammered out for months and there is a ton of information available detailing each step in the process.
    No Clue what this have to do with the Discussion, but since i am a nice Guy i will ask you:

What is your Point?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rusalka Camenae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    No Clue what this have to do with the Discussion, but since i am a nice Guy i will ask you:

What is your Point?
    The point is the fact that this is a thread full of armchair quarterbacks stating the quest line is "so easy it can be done in a week" when they have not completed the questline, or it took them so long they barely met the deadline for the servers final save date. It is real easy to say that something is easy when youre looking on from a spectators position.
    (1)

Player

Means it is actually difficult to get the relic(the first time around anyway) and they might as well be Legendary weapon. The one that keeps saying it isn't is the one that doesnt have the quest done ironically.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karon Mephisto
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Req View Post
    The point is the fact that this is a thread full of armchair quarterbacks stating the quest line is "so easy it can be done in a week" when they have not completed the questline, or it took them so long they barely met the deadline for the servers final save date. It is real easy to say that something is easy when youre looking on from a spectators position.
    Did you consider the fact that people didnt care about it for different reasons?

1. People couldnt have a dedicated Group to do it.
    2. People couldnt care about the Weapons at all.
    3. People may had other Goals to achieve.
    4. People started late and couldnt finish before last save.

etc etc.

I get what you are saying, but still doesnt change the fact that the FFXIV-Relic quest line is more like FFXI Af Weapons, while Legendary Weapons will be actually on par with FFXI Relics. It has been proven by Japanese people mainly than this Questline CAN be done within 1 day or 2 days, if you really want it. How does it matter if people did not beat Ifrit x?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Veto Bahamut
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    they need prerequisites back for doing everything like in FFXI. right now there no checks & balences just spaming stuff.
    even other games required you to get something to start working for things.

like FFXI bcnm you need beastmen seals then you have to buy a orb then you get to a burning circle.
    dynamis you buy a clock then have 1 hour to finsh then your locked out for 3 days.
    no prerequisites just means the game will dry up faster and give less things to do.
    i'm not trying to be rude, but do you even know anything about relic quest in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by EinSoFZ View Post
    I agree. FFXIV has "prerequisites", but they're so so easy to fulfill as is. To fight primals all you need to do is kill some regular monsters that drop the required item with an extremely high rate. Most other content has a similar requirement for entry if it requires anything at all besides be 45+ or something. As easy as leveling is, the level requirement is a joke.
    and another one. do you know anything about relic quest?

you two make it sound like starting relic quest is as easy as buying a double melded class weapon and fighting a weak version of ifrit extreme. if it's that easy, where are your relics? isn't it pretty safe to say that the prereqs for relic are the primary reason you don't have it yet?

come on.
    (1)

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast