Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    Player
    Character
    Vili Ragnarok
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Have to agree with most everyone. Remember though, this is still Alpha. They may have not added all the animations in yet, which is primarily one of the big things that bug me. Stopping, starting to move, and turning are terrible.

Next, one other thing that I would like to see that was mentioned before is that the NPCs don't seem alive. After playing GW2, ares may as well be dead. None of them are walking around and they do not say anything as you go by. Am I saying have them all say something? No, I am not, that would be ridiculous. Quest NPCs, and if there are any event NPCs, they should be trying to get your attention.

The HP/MP/TP bar on the upper left can be removed please, we don't need that. That is so FFXI it is not even funny. We don't need that info twice. Save that space for when we are in a party.

Remember, we are still in Alpha, sometime they do not add these type of things until late, including full graphics.

Player
    Character
    Zephyr Fox
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 70
    For an alpha I like what I see so far. Can't wait to get my hands on the beta and try it!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Guevara San
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Altanas View Post
    Love the music but my gripe would be:

1. I would hope for more lighting effects so that I can really feel I'm in the middle of a forest with sun shining through the leaves down to the forest floor. In turn I would hope at nighttime, I would need to rely on the street lighting and lamps scattered around the city, and the Aetheryte should give off a glow.

2. Needs more life. Can hear lots of birds chirping but dont see any flying around for ambience. Also see no wildlife, would be a nice touch to have some antelopes waltz through the town every now and again. Likewise, there appears to be no npc society/community. The city should have a life of its own and not be reliant on players. We're supposed to be adventurers afterall so we're just passing through. And what is there is static.

3. Doesnt feel like there is enough foilage/shrubs/trees within where the player walks. Yes theres lots of massive trees in the background, but it should feel like you are within a forest, not in a plaza with forest on the edge of the map.

4. I like the contrast between the aethryte area and the lead up to the conjurer guild, gives off a different vibe due to the colour. Would be nice to get more of those contrasts throughout the city.

5. Also, would be immersive and help to keep things fresh if we could experience seasons within these areas in game.

6. The gates are annoying given they open backwards into you instead of forward.

7. Lots of water by the moogle but not enough elsewhere (mostly just put into the background and not immersed in the playable area). Would be nice with trickles of water flowing down the sides of mountains through the streets, with all the associated splashes as you run through it.

8. Guilds seem too self contained. Everything is too tidy, there should be masses of raw materials etc lying around outside the guild buildings again for ambience. Shouldnt have to look at the guild sign to know what is there.

WOW, nice ideas indeed.

What are you doing, Yoshi? Hire this here guy now!
    (1)

Player

Why Send yesterday masive mail for a aply in alpha, when u have old player whitout alpha.
    And why at 6:00 AM????

GO i want my alpha key!!!
    (0)

Player

Way to necrobump >.>
    (1)
    facebook.com/thancred

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20