Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingolf View Post
    I'll be upset if Cloud appears, but I won't be upset if someone references a "Spiky haired fella' with a huge sword"
    Yep, exactly. If they want to bring old characters into the game, it should only be references in passing such as that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I agree, I don't want NPCs with the names of antagonists and protagonists from old FF games, some bosses are ok, like the elemental archfiends because they can fit in the lore, and aren't a huge part of the story of the old games.

Also bring in the recurring themes of the old games, Cid, boats, crystals, airships etc are already there, but slip a Biggs and Wedge in somewhere discreet (not a main character in the story) perhaps a vendor NPC, or in a new town, have them behind the guildleve counter (one of them local and one regional)

Also any I have forgotten, I would love a random Sandworm popping out of the ground anywhere in Thanalan (possible oneshot on lower levels for lulz)
    (0)

Player

They could take a great many lessons from FFIX.

That game was chock-full of Allusions to the previous FF's, but it felt like an individual FF with a strong story and its own flavour.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Titania Basilikos
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    FFIX was really good in that regard. "No cloud nor squall shall hinder us".
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2