Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kurow Kirishima
    World
    Ridill
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Over the course of my time with FFXIV my linkshell had gotten smaller and smaller, until almost all of them had jumped ship before dealing with the impending impact of Dalamud. Thankfully I was still able to team up with some random people to complete the Seventh Umbral Era content. This is a hastily PrintScrn'd shot I grabbed between Van Darnus's attacks:

(1)

Player

Took this one almost two years ago. It is a true memory I carry with me :')
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kahona Ashantil
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

This is the first linkshell event that I was apart of. We were hunting Van Darnus. Even though we never did manage to beat him, it was by far the most fun I've had since I started FFXIV. We are all a goofy bunch of people, but for some reason when we all get together everything we do just seems more exciting. For me, this is by far the best memory I have of playing and it is something I'll always cherish about this game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Seth Ahriman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50

Because Hyperion didn't think waiting for the end was the right way to go out!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Akira Tenshi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80

Life can be cruel, one minute your happily crafting the next your eating dirt. Still, it was pretty funny.
    (0)

Player

Starting and struggeling

Will never forget when we started <3
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Akira Tenshi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira_Tenshi View Post

Life can be cruel, one minute your happily crafting the next your eating dirt. Still, it was pretty funny.

I can't see my image don't think it's working.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ash Emberheart
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 76

Farming Gobby swords "Pre-Darkhold Era".
    (3)

Player

Even with the end of the world at my door, I was too excited with my new fishing hat to take notice as I scouted fishing holes outside Limsa Lominsa

Player

I completed my Sphairai a few hours before the final save maintenance on October 31st!

Sure, completing a relic was an accomplishment on it's own. However, I joined a last minute Japanese Ifrit Extreme shout with 2 other LS members (therefore the party consisted of 5 JP players and 3 English speaking players). The JP leader wasn't too happy about 3 foreigners joining the party. Despite that initial concern, we won the fight on the 3rd attempt. The Japanese and English players in the party didn't need to communicate throughout the fight (with the exception of assigning nails in the beginning of the party). The language barrier was clearly not an issue. Why? Because we all knew the strategy for Ifrit Extreme beforehand. That is what got everyone their last minute win for a relic.

By the way, this same party got a no-death Garuda win afterwards. Again, the language barrier was not an issue. We all knew the strategy to Garuda beforehand.

I'm sharing this story to 1) prove that the language barrier was not an issue *as long as the player knew the strategy beforehand* and 2) to tell the people in charge (whether it be SE in general, YoshiP, or even the GM's) that they should have addressed this issue better in-game. I, just like many others I'm sure, would have loved to play with the Japanese player base more often. Unfortunately, most of the time we could not because a majority of the Japanese player base (at least on my server, Durandal) would take the easy route and say "JP only."

On the bright side, not every single Japanese player was so close minded. I've even seen a few Japanese players that attempted to speak English! I will definitely miss playing with those people. And assuming regional servers divide the player base by region, the Ifrit Extreme party I described above will be one of the last times (if not the last) that I get to team up with the Japanese player base. What a shame. Then again, maybe it's for the best.
    (3)

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast