Player
    Character
    Metyn Aurea
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

Linkshell Management in 2.0

Has there been any word out on what the Linkshell management system will be like in ARR/2.0? As of right now, it's kind of awful.

Will we be able oust/promote/demote people who are not logged in? Currently, inactive players taking up space in the linkshell is a rather major problem.

Can we get some kind of function where we can tell when the last time a player has logged in? Much like your friends list in Steam, for example. This would allow LS leaders to gauge with accuracy the activity of their LSs and members.

Can we get a function to sort linkshell members? Alphabetically by name? By rank? Perhaps even manually sort them so the people you interact with the most are on top?

FFXI let you see the location (by zone) of every member in the LS. It was useful to see if LS members are currently participating in certain events or to just get a general feel for what the LS is doing at large. Can this function be implemented?

Will Linkshell messages be making a comeback? This function was very important for notifying LS members of upcoming events.

Just asking out of curiosity, and if these things have not been addressed, I will then move on to requesting the above functions for ARR.
    (16)
    Last edited by Polive; 11-07-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Metyn Aurea
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I guess no one really cares because so few people are actually linkshell leaders :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makoto Edakumi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Food for thought: people that actually would respond (positively/politely) don't pay attention to the forums at all, or aren't paying attention because it's after Final Save.

Personally, I'd like LS Messages and to be able to basically deactivate(not break) a member's LS if they've been inactive and set it with a "Tell/Message one of the following: [Master/Leaders]" message. Hit 34 on my LS before Final Save, and I know 5-10 of them haven't been seen since they got invited in.
    (0)

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    I would also like to see all of this. I'd also like to see the /sea command implemented as well.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Metyn Aurea
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    When FFXIV first launched I started an LS that quickly filled up to the maximum 128 slots. As there was no way to actually boot inactive people, we ended up creating a new LS and moving all active members over, and did this about 3 times in total. I can see this particularly annoying scenario happening again when ARR launches due to the influx of new players/server transfers.

This sort of interface/functionality change isn't something that everyone will be able to experience directly, but it is something that will impact most players indirectly. I hope that the DEVs will actually devote some attention to this.
    (3)

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Polive View Post
    When FFXIV first launched I started an LS that quickly filled up to the maximum 128 slots. As there was no way to actually boot inactive people, we ended up creating a new LS and moving all active members over, and did this about 3 times in total. I can see this particularly annoying scenario happening again when ARR launches due to the influx of new players/server transfers.

This sort of interface/functionality change isn't something that everyone will be able to experience directly, but it is something that will impact most players indirectly. I hope that the DEVs will actually devote some attention to this.

The linkshell I'm in has also done this. We've changed shells at least 5 times since I joined them around January 2011.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    You already mentioned the major functions that I would like to see making an appearance again. LS messages were great for organisation, and forgetful members. The one thing I will press that you havn't already mentioned -

Please make the member list have some form of order and not as random as they currently are. Alphabetical, or everyone online at the top of the list, or hell~ something! At the moment the order in which members are displayed in the list are random, or if they aren't then however they are ordered makes no sense to any of us.

I do have confidence that we will see more control over linkshells in 2.0, but without the confirmation - it is an issue that should be raised.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Captain Subligar
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    slight problem all if not most of these features would be better implemented for free companies
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    It's gamma.
    Twitter:@CaptainSubligar
    Proud Member of EAT (Eorzean Association of Turtles)
    Vitamin T is known for enhancing Subligar based powers...

Player
    Character
    Kenshiro Joestar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Well for starters LS will remain but just as chat channels, the guilds will be Free Companies, and I think Yoshi said they would have the usual management present in most MMOs nowdays, so expect major changes, from having a guild hall built from a house to different ranks inside the FC and way more stuff, or so I hope.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Captain Subligar
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    some of that is confirmed... we will have to see for the rest
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    It's gamma.
    Twitter:@CaptainSubligar
    Proud Member of EAT (Eorzean Association of Turtles)
    Vitamin T is known for enhancing Subligar based powers...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast