Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Inura Bera
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'm sure it has been stated that Free Companies would have their own chat channel and all that goodness, however I can't be bothered tracking down a quote. You will be tied to only one Free Company however, while still being able to be a part of any Linkshell community you wish for chatting.

Honestly, I think this will work well - has been a similiar system in a few other games and it helps you to keep up with friends who may not progress at the same speed as you (faster or slower) or just happen to move onto other things (a falling out within a guild, but not with the specific group they are close too within that guild) or just keep your social life and progression life seperate haha

Vanguard had a couple really funky chat channels outside this (that I wouldn't expect in this game haha) but had a certain class that used telepathy, and all of them could talk to each other in that specific channel!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    hmmm sound that some here never have seen a guild system before and only base on XI's LS... and only speculating on something that is not by logically will ever happend.

From the words of our fellow Rep, i can only imagine that it will be that of a normal guild for FC. As in having features akin to what a Guild needs, such as Bank, Ranks (which can be adjusted to who can invite/kick, deposit/withdraw, etc.), and many neat features a guild need, like daily message, or log in message, or calender integrated or such.

There fore LinkShell will only be CHAT CHANNELS, wake up that is what they have been saying, take it in your guts and accept it.

If you want a freaking social linkshell with guild features, cast away and use Free Company instead geez. Although i do like the idea of them keeping the LS features like a small version of Free Company... :\ if it's gone, is gone. geez. Talk about ppl barking over other thread like Animation Lock and such thing are gone.
    (0)

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by InuraBera View Post
    I'm sure it has been stated that Free Companies would have their own chat channel and all that goodness, however I can't be bothered tracking down a quote. You will be tied to only one Free Company however, while still being able to be a part of any Linkshell community you wish for chatting.

Honestly, I think this will work well - has been a similiar system in a few other games and it helps you to keep up with friends who may not progress at the same speed as you (faster or slower) or just happen to move onto other things (a falling out within a guild, but not with the specific group they are close too within that guild) or just keep your social life and progression life seperate haha

Vanguard had a couple really funky chat channels outside this (that I wouldn't expect in this game haha) but had a certain class that used telepathy, and all of them could talk to each other in that specific channel!
    That's so cool!
    (2)

Player
    (waiting to claim squatter rights on minatos house) (Update:HAHAHAHA I actually did! ♥Minato XD)
    Character
    Kyri Sagitta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    The ability to re-leaderize someone if the leader doesnt log in for a long time??!?!? This is gold by itself!
    (1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueodAjWZ0A4
    Ah, but will facing north-by-northeast at 2:45 a.m. while the moon is a waning crescent result in a 27% increase in your chances to synthesize HQ mythril ingots!? That is real the question! ~Fernehalwes~

Player
    Character
    Alchinua Malaguld
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 61
    Democracy! w00t!
    (0)
    Kweh!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Pa-paya~ paya papaya~ pa-pa-ya~♪

Community Rep
    For those of you asking if the same management tools for removing inactive and offline players will be implemented for linkshells as well, the answer is yes!

We also have a few more details to share with you.

The dev. team is currently looking into the possibility of allowing players to leave messages in the LS and FC (ex: /lsmes). They are also thinking about implementing a feature for free companies to leave comments for members. On top of member comments, they plan on allowing leaders to customize different ranks and access levels within their free company. Lastly, free companies will have their own chat so there is no need to create a linkshell for your members to communicate with each other.
    (62)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    For those of you asking if the same management tools for removing inactive and offline players will be implemented for linkshells as well, the answer is yes!

The dev. team is currently looking into the possibility of allowing players to leave messages in the LS and FC (ex: /lsmes). They are also thinking about implementing a feature for free companies to leave comments for members. On top of member comments, they plan on allowing leaders to customize different ranks and access levels within their free company. Lastly, free companies will have their own chat so there is no need to create a linkshell for your members to communicate with each other.
    awesome! all good news. Thanks for posting this.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Carlosx Taka
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    hooo my lord... finaly we will have a wide open chanel!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Thainna Nightweave
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post

Thaaaaaank you!!!!!

Player
    Character
    Rosalynne Hawethorne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    When you say customize different ranks does that mean we can make up the names for those ranks?
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast