Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahZerrshia View Post
    If they are used for making U/U crafting gear I can see it, but if you look at the census not alot of ppl craft even 1 DoH up to 50, those of us who have multiple are rare, so its silly to force them to skill a craft all the way up if they want 1 really good piece of gear. Crafting just isnt for everyone, no need to force it upon the playerbase
    If crafting isn't for everyone, then crafted U/U gear would just not be for everyone. Just like Relic Weapons. Now just imagine if those class specific weapons were U/U, then relics definintly wouldnt have been for everyone.

Doing this would give people more things to aim for, and add more to the game and to crafters both current and upcomming.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    wont happen to many whiners
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    I don't think they should eliminate these possibilities just because of the people that dont like crafting or gathering...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    I don't think they should eliminate these possibilities just because of the people that dont like crafting or gathering...
    would be best if the items farmed by said class were used for that class, that would cut down on the whining.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I'm all for it. I'm certain that if such a feature were to be implemented, there would also still be the possibility of obtaining regular equipment drops from the dungeon itself. The U/U crafted gear made with U/U mats would basically be powerful equipment that requires additional effort.

If crafting's not for you, that's fine. There's plenty of other gear you can use.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    should be tradable other wise what if someone get that item and they cant craft anything because there lv1
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    should be tradable other wise what if someone get that item and they cant craft anything because there lv1
    Then they should level up their crafting if they want to make any use of it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Not sure about this idea i'm not exactly against it but it sounds like the sort of thing that should be few and far between implemented in that way. I kind of think this sort of thing should work something like this. The crafter makes a piece of gear(maybe even multiple pieces of gear) that have no stats. Then that crafter can either go on to the next step or sell it. The Crafter/Adventurer has to go out and obtain a U/U Crystal(magic item) from one content or more and imbue the piece of gear. Giving it stats and making it U/U, Bassically U/U gear like we have now but where the crafters are made involved in the process. Edit: now that i think about it my idea kind of sounds a bit like how materia is going to be, only maybe stronger and harder to get?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alaltus; 11-14-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    Then they should level up their crafting if they want to make any use of it.
    that aint gonna happen its not casual. if you havent noticed FFXIV is for the casual. hardcore gaming is dead gone, if it aint easy or the norm chances they wont do it.
    not everyone live with mom & dad so they cant play 24/7 like the old days.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    that aint gonna happen its not casual. if you havent noticed FFXIV is for the casual. hardcore gaming is dead gone, if it aint easy or the norm chances they wont do it.
    not everyone live with mom & dad so they cant play 24/7 like the old days.
    I live by myself, work, sleep, and all crafters and gatherings are at 50...... Crafting and gathering aren't things meant for hardcore basement dwellers. People that dont live with mom and dad or play 24/7 will still do dungeons.

But what crafting and gathering are really not meant for is the lazy. They take increased amount of dedication and patience. I fail to see what the problem is adding rare crafting mats and recipes in for those with increased dedication, which again does not take basement dwelling.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reika; 11-14-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast