Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    OMG HE'S LET THE ELK OUT OF THE BAG!!!!1
    LOL. Yeah... Beta has changed my mind about a lot of the ideas I had floating around for lore articles. I thought it'd be fun to do a, "this is your enemy" article about Ascians, but we were told so little about them in V1 and Team Yoshi-P has (rightly) come on very strong with it in ARR, so that article isn't necessary. Moreover, I really don't like writing about the future. I'll keep up with current lore events and help catalog the past properly, but the future is all for SE.

That said, I'll still talk about it here!

Dawn may banish even the darkest night, a blade born of light, a sword named Daybreak. Seems like a lot to chalk up to coincidence. They're most likely related.
    (0)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 06-25-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Elk? lol Thanks Anonymoose!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Myranda Al'cyoene
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Aside from any possible references to this Daybreak sword, I'd say that passage generally refers to the fact that both us the players (the Warriors of Light) and the Empire (the might) seek to eliminate the primals but in different ways and (maybe?) for different reasons. Ultimately, only one side will succeed and all of Eorzea must choose to either submit to Garlean subjugation or to resist being conquered and take care of the primals on our own.
    (0)
    Check out my Eorzean fonts! - Twitter: @MyrandaFFXIV
    http://dachoutom.no-ip.org/ffxiv/fonts.html
    The Astronomical Society of Eorzea!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/142965-The-Astronomical-Society-of-Eorzea

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Myranda View Post
    Aside from any possible references to this Daybreak sword, I'd say that passage generally refers to the fact that both us the players (the Warriors of Light) and the Empire (the might) seek to eliminate the primals but in different ways and (maybe?) for different reasons. Ultimately, only one side will succeed and all of Eorzea must choose to either submit to Garlean subjugation or to resist being conquered and take care of the primals on our own.
    Yeah, there are a lot of double meanings in these prophecies. "Valiant blades forged under the Twelve's good grace," has meant different things to everyone who's heard it. Urianger and Louisoix put stake in it being both metaphorical and literal; both referring to a group (adventurers) and an individual (Daybreak) - and for all we know, Daybreak isn't even a literal sword (though, so far it sounds like it is). Remember, Urianger says many times that adventurers are important but you are the key. Was he talking only about your place in reuniting the companies? Perhaps you're Daybreak. I don't know. I don't like talking about the future.

I prefer to look at the bigger picture - the Garleans think killing all the primals in their territory (which requires making all territory their territory) is a good plan. The big problem with that logic is that primals cannot exist if the aether of the realm is in harmonious balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylph
    Woken ones are blind! Woken ones still sleep! Primal ones live not beyond the aether, but amongst the aether! Primal ones are here! Primal ones rule!
    Toll of the Warden (V1)
    By defeating the Ascians (who destabilize the aether, using primals as a sort of positive feedback loop) the essence of the primals will simply dissolve back into the aether and disappear. And Garleans suck with aether, they can't even use magick.

The Blade(s) of Light, possibly aided by whatever this Daybreak is, will triumph over the blades of might that would subvert the primals another way (looking at you, Omega/Ultima Weapon). Who wins? The one with aether on its side. The one backed by the Crystal herself.
    (2)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 06-26-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96