Mieck Corcoczeck
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Putting my money on Fye

Becoming Geva

Clothes colors tendency..eyes light blue skin color and lips and she works in a place where her Bro Dustant used to be part of

EDIT: now if someone can check out everything she says to find a solid relation between the two would be great
    I think you see Geva in both echo and present day... haven't got the client to go checking anymore, and I'm not sure where in the opening Gridania scenes it is, but she is differentiated by wearing a red coat made from a different material.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Inura Bera
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Have to take my hats off to you folk who worked that out - the Echo being...well an Echo of the past was something I was able to work out, but I had definitely not noticed that (in my case) Yda and Papalymo had only been present in the past, nor did I even think to join the dots between Krim and the Hermit.

Love all the lore posts from the localisation team as well, hopefully you do manage to wrangle yourself a lore page on the website, and perhaps even in game. I'm really amazed by the thought that has been put into the stories - even the fact that the second moon had a purpose for later in the games lifespan, before it was hijacked by Yoshi-P to put in motion the events of the 7th Umbral Era.

Hoping "A Realm Reborn holds" onto the strong flavour, even daft things like almost every crafting item or gatherable having a description is incredibly potent and gives a real feeling of the world being solid.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by InuraBera View Post
    Hoping "A Realm Reborn holds" onto the strong flavour, even daft things like almost every crafting item or gatherable having a description is incredibly potent and gives a real feeling of the world being solid.
    I bet the LOCs 'round here would just take that as a challenge, though it would make it that much easier for Ferne to sneak that "sacrilicious" in there.
    (0)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Putting my money on Fye

Becoming Geva

Clothes colors tendency..eyes light blue skin color and lips and she works in a place where her Bro Dustant used to be part of

EDIT: now if someone can check out everything she says to find a solid relation between the two would be great
    As Mieck has already pointed out, Geva is indeed already accounted for in both timelines. It is in the presence of Geva that you first meet young Krimm and learn about his attitude towards the elementals. She is present on both sides of the echo boundary.

With Fye, we will be looking for a midlander lady with crimson eyes and charcoal hair, as with her brother.

Edit: I've just made my account on Gamerescape. Let's see if we can't nut out this code...
    (2)
    Last edited by Catapult; 01-18-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    As Mieck has already pointed out, Geva is indeed already accounted for in both timelines. It is in the presence of Geva that you first meet young Krimm and learn about his attitude towards the elementals. She is present on both sides of the echo boundary.

With Fye, we will be looking for a midlander lady with crimson eyes and charcoal hair, as with her brother.

Edit: I've just made my account on Gamerescape. Let's see if we can't nut out this code...
    Hmm i see.. i'll keep looking !
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucke View Post
    What the wark?! Hold your chocobos Ferne! Is Minfilia from the future? I mean, we meet Ascilia in the present day for the UD story. How can they both exist at the same time? Do both versions (young and old) exist at the same time the game took place?. Ascilia could go to the Path HQ and see her older self? What the wark?

Oh man, my head hurts.
    All is explained in earlier posts, lol we worked hard on these theories. When I was doing my synopsis of the Ul'dah storyline that's when I came up with the "Ascilia = Minfilia" theory and it's nice to be correct for once. Like Moose has already said, everything up until the Path of the Twelve is part of an Echo and you Echo within an Echo. dun dun dun

Thank you Ferne for responding so quickly to my questions and it's good to know we'll learn what actually is going on in the Ul'dah storyline because there's so much hidden. Can't wait to have that "ooooooooh" moment when we learn about who 'killed' Niellefresne. My money is on an assassin hired by Lord Lolorito of the Syndicate.

Also high five to all my buddies who stuck around and were just as curious as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucke View Post
    The 1.0 story was a little deep for me (really hard to understand what was going on). Especially in the beginning, I thought it was all present day, but apparently UD intro (Where you ride the carriage into town and watch the parade with Warburton and Ascilia) was the past or something, or...yeah, I'm confused.
    Yessir, check out the links in my sig and you'll get an explanation of both the Ul'dah storyline and Ascilia being Minfilia.

EDIT: Wait a tick... do you think the breaking of the aetherial seal is what made Seal Rock rise from the depths in the first place?
    It could be Moose, everything related to Primals could have been 'released.'
    (4)
    Last edited by NoloeTazier; 01-19-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Since several questions will be revealed later on that are left from our digging :
    horns
    corguievas
    nielle's future
    the assassin
    warburton
    the information
    travanchet's goal
    one of the few remaining questions would be about Fye.
    i have several questions about the "new beginning" intro but i'm sure those can't be answered here and now..
    On a less critical curiosity in the 1.0 intro when the Elezen says "Oh look who's back from his reverie" is another way of saying "Hey look who just came back from an Echo" since as Ferny stated all 3 of them possess it?
    (1)

Player

On a less critical curiosity in the 1.0 intro when the Elezen says "Oh look who's back from his reverie" is another way of saying "Hey look who just came back from an Echo" since as Ferny stated all 3 of them possess it?
    Yes, that's pretty much it. He's poking fun at derplander, like saying "oh look who came back from his little stroll in the past/echo".

I get this feeling that they just met Derplander, as the elezen only refers to him as "midlander" instead of by name, but they know enough about the echo to know that he has it, and that he was drawn into one while sitting at their table.
    (2)
    facebook.com/thancred

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    Yes, that's pretty much it. He's poking fun at derplander, like saying "oh look who came back from his little stroll in the past/echo".

I get this feeling that they just met Derplander, as the elezen only refers to him as "midlander" instead of by name, but they know enough about the echo to know that he has it, and that he was drawn into one while sitting at their table.
    Actually, they might know him or not. It's not uncommon to use a racial term as a nickname, even among friends (I mean, I do know a few people who I actually call after the place they were born, rather than their actual name, for example).
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    Actually, they might know him or not. It's not uncommon to use a racial term as a nickname, even among friends (I mean, I do know a few people who I actually call after the place they were born, rather than their actual name, for example).
    I dunno, its really unnatural sounding in a circle of familiarity, even in a fantasy world. We don't have many examples of characters saying "Hey you, Lalafell" or "hey you, elezen" amongst each other
    (0)
    facebook.com/thancred

Page 73 of 96 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast