Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    By the way, just to theorize a bit on Warburton.
    But perhaps he is in fact a spy, an Ul'Dahn spy, that is. And his daugther is, in fact, Ala'Mighan. Howso, you ask?
    The tought came to mind that he was on a very, very long mission. In fact a mission so long of infiltration that he formed a family, even had a daugther. And only recently he came across this dreadful secret. And it brought danger to him and he had to escape, and even then with the empire's propensity of brainwashing that we see mentioned later- He'd certainly try to smuggle his own child out the place.

Of course, another thing might be that the entire secret he bringing from there is Ascilia, exception given that nobody notice that at all because it's deeply unexpected.
    Thank you for bringing this up, this actually got me thinking more into it and it DEFINITELY makes sense.

Ascilia being the information COULD be one of the missing keys to the storyline. F'lhaminn tells us that Warburton was returning to Ul'dah (from there) with vital information from Ala Mhigo. Ascilia tells you in the same CS (both in the Echo) that she was born in Ala Mhigo. If Ascilia was brainwashed in a way to where memories have been altered, we could guess that there would be a way to un-alter them. One way of un-altering these memories and drawing out important information could be the use of Thaumaturge skills. So who is a Thaumaturge? Corgeuvais. The man who supposedly had the same mission as Warburton. Warburton was at the Parade to meet Corguevais so they could then act together. This would explain WHY Warburton nor Corguevais went to the powers to be in Ul'dah and gave them valuable information, they didn't have it yet. Corguevais was able to use SEALING MAGIC on a Goobbue to keep it calm, so you could guess that he was adept enough in Thaumaturgy that he MIGHT be able to UNSEAL MAGIC as well or bring out whatever need be that Ascilia may or may not possess in her memories of psychy or what have you. It would explain why Corguevais wanted to take care of Ascilia and help and take care of Warburton's funeral rights. Corguevais may or may not have extracted the memories or the information from Ascilia before becoming desperate when he was exiled. The information may have been so unexpected (and after witnessing Niellefresne's attitude about the war) that he felt that if he told them the truth, they would not believe him, not to mention he learned the truth of Warburton's death. Corguevais may have felt that he owed Ul'dah nothing and decided to take Ascilia, whom he told the truth, with him in his exile.

lol I went a little deep in there but I'm just trying to put a story to it so my brain can work around these missing pieces. Thank you for bringing this up, definitely gives me a whole other side to look into.

Yeah it is very confusing but Warburton had more than one motive to kill Niellefresne.
    1.How Niellefresne rigged the parade to cause an accident that almost cost his daughter's life
    2.In consequence his mission is interrupted
    3.Maybe they find out about Niellefresne's true intentions with the information he posses
    Also i can't stop thinking about F'lhaminn's expression when you walk into the crypt with Tanchred ...is too suspicious like "damn they gonna find out" or "its going as planned" evil grin animators didn't put that in just because..and who is her "loved" one that she sings for ? obviously is not Niellefresne as she doesn't give a damn about him after/during the incident
    And after that mission you never hear about them again.

EDIT: Looking at the Ul'dah intro again the story doesn't make sense.. Warburton is admiring the fireworks with Ascillia and seems to have all the time of the world yet he has vital important information for the same people that's walking around him preparing the parade and doesn't tell them?
    From then till the Parade happens is unknown how much time passes by and still he hasn't delivered this information and you are witnessing all this supposedly through an Echo. At the end of the intro you see Ascillia crying by Warburton laying on the ground left side of the gobbue its the only time you get to see his shoes and seem quite similar to that of the guy that stabs Niellefresne.
    Also if you look at it Corguevais is the only one that takes a direct hit from the gobbue yet he is fine and Warburton dies from a brush? a rock didn't hit him...so something is fishy what are your thoughts?
    Yeah I never understood how pushing his daughter out of the way "killed" him. They show the carnage pretty soon in the CS and it doesn't look like Ascilia pushed a boulder or anything off him. Going through the Goldsmith quests, it's pretty apparent that F'lhaminn loved Niellefresne. If we wanted to go all dark, we could make it that Colbernoux (his brother) hired a man to kill him so F'lhaminn could be his. lol very doubtful but Nielle and F'lhaminn definitely had a thing going. It's kinda odd for the Lala Twins to propose to her considering how "close" everyone actually is, but maybe because Nielle is a noble and F'lhammin is not, they cannot marry.

But I definitely see way you're coming from, watching the CS at the moment and her expression is odd. If F'lhaminn and Warburton were a couple, it would explain why F'lhaminn wants take care of her for a "verrry" long time.

At the end of the intro you see Ascillia crying by Warburton laying on the ground left side of the gobbue its the only time you get to see his shoes and seem quite similar to that of the guy that stabs Niellefresne.
    Sadly they're not, they're brown Duckbills or whatever they're called. But if Warburton is the Hooded Man we could assume he merely changed his entire wardrobe. Corguevais' robe changes but his pants and boots stay the same.

Edit: I figured out why Niellefresne says "it's not yet wilted" talking about the flower you sell to him. It's because he uses that flower to make the gift for F'lhaminn. AW YEAH. Figured it out.
    (3)
    Last edited by NoloeTazier; 11-28-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: OMG
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NoloeTazier View Post
    Yeah I never understood how pushing his daughter out of the way "killed" him. They show the carnage pretty soon in the CS and it doesn't look like Ascilia pushed a boulder or anything off him.
    I'm going to completely drop that one on 'We did not want to show a broken body in this game', actually. But that aside, have you ever had a glancing blow with a car? I doubt you have, you're not a retard like me.
    I have a very light glancing blow with a car once thing wasn't even past 1 Km/h, I don't think, though I was running. It hit me hard enough to break my watch, send me spinning backwards and completely lose sense of action and time, in fact I was so stunned I just stared at the driver and ran into the street again ~_~.
    I presume a glancing blow from a giant berserker potato should have roughly the same effect, even if he only got a glancing hit, given the way he jumped at her it was also probably at his back, he could definitely could have gotten hit hard.
    (1)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Gee I'm glad you're okay! D=

I think the Uldah story is by far the most convoluted.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jacien Visenad
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    So in summary: All the city-state questlines are being rewritten to avoid the convulted mess from before, right?

I'm glad the Echo is staying (Minfilia too!). And I can't wait to be able to use my Path Companion.

Which had me wondering, when we chose our Path Companion's name, did it have to be unique from what anyone else chose like a retainer? Or can there be repeats like our GC Chocobo?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    I'm going to completely drop that one on 'We did not want to show a broken body in this game', actually. But that aside, have you ever had a glancing blow with a car? I doubt you have, you're not a retard like me.
    I have a very light glancing blow with a car once thing wasn't even past 1 Km/h, I don't think, though I was running. It hit me hard enough to break my watch, send me spinning backwards and completely lose sense of action and time, in fact I was so stunned I just stared at the driver and ran into the street again ~_~.
    I presume a glancing blow from a giant berserker potato should have roughly the same effect, even if he only got a glancing hit, given the way he jumped at her it was also probably at his back, he could definitely could have gotten hit hard.
    That still can't compare to the Ultra bitch slap Corguevais took from the Gobbue sent him flying to a pile of wooden boxes without a single scratch nor a broken bone if you compare that to what Warburton took if any makes no sense ...it would make sense if the gobbue headbutted him into the wall but that's not what happened
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacien View Post
    So in summary: All the city-state questlines are being rewritten to avoid the convulted mess from before, right?

I'm glad the Echo is staying (Minfilia too!). And I can't wait to be able to use my Path Companion.

Which had me wondering, when we chose our Path Companion's name, did it have to be unique from what anyone else chose like a retainer? Or can there be repeats like our GC Chocobo?
    Not sure what you mean by rewritten sorry.

I'd say our Path Companions could have repeats, unless somehow it conflicts with the new battle system, then I'd say when we go to the Path we'd have something like "oh yeah I remember them...now what was their name again?" kinda thing, lol just a guess
    (0)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacien View Post
    And I can't wait to be able to use my Path Companion.
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but interviews with Yoshi-P (I think it may have been the live letter as well?) have told us that the path companion is the part that is being removed in ARR.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but interviews with Yoshi-P (I think it may have been the live letter as well?) have told us that the path companion is the part that is being removed in ARR.
    Yeah they gonna take out that for a while but path companions coming back later and we will be able to do more stuff with them
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jacien Visenad
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NoloeTazier View Post
    Not sure what you mean by rewritten sorry.

I'd say our Path Companions could have repeats, unless somehow it conflicts with the new battle system, then I'd say when we go to the Path we'd have something like "oh yeah I remember them...now what was their name again?" kinda thing, lol just a guess
    1.0's story original story is being scrapped and rewritten, is what I'm talking about. And the question was whether or not Path Companion names had to be unique like Retainers when we chose them, (i.e. no 2 players can use the same name).

Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    They won't be available at the start of ARR, but they could be brought back later on. And even to change their equipment and stuff.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jacien; 11-29-2012 at 05:41 AM.

Player
    I wonder who is this evil good looking Lady is she a Primal?
    (0)

Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast