Thread: CG Midlander

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Moose, I love you for making this thread! Ferne, I'm glad you can tell we're itching here. <3

Anyway, my turn to throw a few concepts into the mix. I would argue that it is indeed an echo of the past. But I'll get back to that.

As shown to us by Blackburn, Minfilla and the Hermit of the Wood, members of the path of the Twelve have a few thing they do/are.
    - Never travel alone. Our friends in the Tavern are clearly also on the Path and possess the echo as well. It explains why they are not in a panic while our midlander has his vision. "Look who has returned from his reverie. How nice of you to join us again. Well? Don't keep us in suspense." I translate this as "Looks like you're done echoing. What did you see?"
    - They are sensitive to other users of the echo and can tell when someone has entered their own past. This is how Minfilla and Tataru test your capability with the echo when you arrive at the Hall of the First Step.

So when our midlander drops into Silvertear Falls, and the party TAKES NOTICE, he's probably going to want to track down these guys when he has a chance, irrespective of whether they are already aquainted or not. So come our 2.0 trailer, they've clearly met up, refined their skills, got used to the jobs they have finally decided they prefer and are returning to Silvertear Falls in the reborn realm to see what has changed. Heck, these guys probably beat Nael together.

Backtracking a little again... the echo is something you normally use on people, not inanimate objects. So if a piece of stained glass has done it to you, you're going want to want to know where that bugger leads!

So in short my theory is:
    - Midlander echos.
    - All parties go "WTF? You're echoing? We need to talk!"
    - They track each other down and get coordinated as a more cohesive party, killing the Raven and being part of rebirthing the realm.

Oh, and I think that is meant to be Limsa, not Ishgard. The leve plate is at least a Lominsan one. Limsa was also flagged as the "lead" city when xiv was first released, hosting a lot of the initial content and demos, including the alpha test.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Sera Malqir
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I think he is in the current time with the AG party, using the Echo to look back to the battle at silvertear lake, maybe because something in this leve is related to the battle.
    As we have seen in some quests involving the echo (ingame), some people can notice us when we walk around in the past.
    In the gladiator story, we even fight and win against someone else so battles in those Echo visions are possible too.
    That also explains why he survived the "fall" at the end of the battle - it was just a vision, he snapped out of it before he hit the ground.
    Now for meeting up in the future - there are 2 possible reasons for this.
    Either the 10 year ago party felt so attached to him from their very short fight together that they searched all of Eorzea for him for more than 10 years (unlikely) or they just met up by chance in our current timeline.
    In my opinion, this option makes the most sense since with all the Garlean and Dalamud problems we have right now countless adventurers are gathering up for battles; especially the giant battle to end the world
    It's not THAT unlikely to meet someone you might know.
    Heck, they don't even have to remember that they have met before. It could just be fate that they team up on the battlefield, maybe because they are the last ones standing, maybe because their "party setup" was better that way.
    If they were sent to the future together by Louisoix it just makes sense to stick together there as well, especially since we know the ARR timeline is even more dangerous.

As for the different jobs: that one should be obvious and you said it yourself already - armory system.
    All the adventurers are using it and we know the characters in the different trailers ARE adventurers.

I'm gonna ignore the 2009 trailer because it was early footage, doesn't make any sense and was changed afterwards, which is basically saying "Ok forget about this, look at the newer version of the trailer."
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    Oh, and I think that is meant to be Limsa, not Ishgard.
    This is literally the only assumption I disagree with in your post; I think you've captured some very good points that help us around some of our constraints, but I remain convinced that the AG is in one of the other three city states. We already know SE was okay with editing the video - if it was in Limsa Lominsa, I feel like they would have (at least) edited the aetherite crystal out of the Adventurer's Guild.

Now, the Garleans are in control of Ala Mhigo, so that would leave only Sharlayan and Isghard. It could very well be Sharlayan - that area has more dragons, no? Perhaps that's a link of some kind... However, again, I remain convinced that it's Ishgard.

Quote Originally Posted by Atoli View Post
    As we have seen in some quests involving the echo (ingame), some people can notice us when we walk around in the past.
    This is one of the things I've been meaning to check on... the boundaries of the Echo.
    From Minfilia:
    "Were you not witness to the skies turning dark and showering the land with a storm of stars? Some of our brothers believe those who partook in this celestial event were 'touched' by the Twelve, and that that is how they came by their gift."

and later

"Very good. I pray together we can learn more of this gift...for though we have scoured the realm for nigh on ten years, I fear there is still little we understand."
    Therefore, they've been trying to learn about the power of the echo since just about the same time as the Battle of Silvertear Falls. Is it possible that our primal, Siren, was one of those released by Midgardsormr's death rattle? Remember, we're not sure that The Twelve are responsible for the echo at all; even Ifrit seems to taunt us that it's something else...

If the AG Party are Walkers, then it makes sense that their echo didn't come with the meteor shower - they'd already been through that.

Also, after re-reading the script, I think it's important to toss the idea that the archer was a fourth member. Milfinia says that you can interact with the past via the echo, sometimes. Therefore, I think he just showed up there.

Now, I know, we've just accepted the armory system as being at work here. But still, what's up with the bow? Don't WE (the players) enter the echo on whatever job we were on at the time? If he entered with a sword but then was like, "AW, DAMN, BETTER WHIP OUT A BOW." I'd get it - but it's already lying there for him. It's not exactly an issue, I'm just being nit-picky, but still...

Maybe there's a reason the Elezen Female is missing... Milfinia says that Walkers travel in pairs. Perhaps the roegadyn was originally paired with the Elezen, but later paired with the midlander. They look like partners in the new trailers, and the miqo'te/elezen male seem to taunt eachother in a partnership like way.

But then who's paired to the lalafell!?

Perhaps the female elezen is present in the ARR cinematic, but none of her shots were used for the trailers... that's an even paired pathwalker party of six.

So, let's take another look at our collective guess so far!
    (I'm just going to call it "The AG" instead of the "Ishgardian" AG.)

The AG party are Walkers of the Path

The guildleve triggers the Midlander into an echo of the past
    The Echo itself takes place in 1562-6A, the AG Party exists somewhere between that date and present day upon game release ten years later. We will assume 1572-6A until shown otherwise.

As himself, the midlander interacts with the 10 Years Ago Party

The Battle of Silvertear Falls leads to the release of the primals via Midgardsormr
    Siren is among those he summons, and it is she, presumable, who bestows the Echo on the Walkers in the first place.

A time-loop is created, whereby the midlander was in the past for just long enough to save 10 Years Ago Party from the marbol and inspire them to seek him out in his present day, but was pulled back to the present in time to escape the fall from the Juggernaut. The past wasn't altered, but his present self came to understand his place within that past (think LOST's "Whatever Happened Happened" principle).

The midlander returns from his echo, inspired to find the 10 Years Ago Party
    They start by exploring the levequest that gave him the echo. At some point, this direction they've taken leads to the 10 Years ago party members.

Joining forces, they play a vital role in fighting against the Empire as Dalamud falls.
    Including at least one defeat of Ifrit to get their hands on them there relics.

These time shifts allow for job changes via the armory system without any conflict. Likewise, it explains why the Galka has aged so much more than the midlander/miqo'te. The lalafell hasn't aged a day, but lalafell seem to have unnaturally long life-spans in the first place (there's a lalfell miner in Ul'dah that says he's been mining for 80 some-odd years!)

At first, I figured the Eorzean year was just drastically shorter - but while other characters do seem to indicate that it COULD be a shorter year, it's not MUCH shorter. All other uses of the term in the game seem to correlate pretty closely to Earth-years.

NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE.
    I think we may be looking at a first post release today on the lore blog!
    (4)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 11-03-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Vai Greystone
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Moose -

Where are you getting that Siren is the Primal for the enlighte- er, uh, you know what I mean! I feel like I've missed something huge if this is more than a shot in the dark. It's certainly a plausible shot in the dark, if it is one, but is there any textual support for that theory, and if so, where in the hells is it hiding?

I don't mean to derail, this all more or less conforms to my own suspicions otherwise.
    (1)
    7UP!

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    Where are you getting that Siren is the Primal for the enlighte- er, uh, you know what I mean!
    RAMPANT speculation that's persisted since the beginning of the game.

First, we must establish that The Woken have a primal at all...

Ifrit
    You avow yourselves blessed by gods, yet lack the capacity to
    summon them to your aid. To which do you kneel, mortals?

Path Companion:
    [Different for Each Race; to the effect of, "Our kind bows before no primal!"]

Ifrit:
    Fools. Blind to the grace of those who would grant you protection
    and bless you with their fortune. Your blindness is born of ignorance.
    I smell the taint upon your soul. Is it Garuda...or Titan? Perchance...
    Leviathan? ... The Paragon warned of the godless blessed. There
    can only be one true god in this world, and those without cannot be
    allowed to roam unchecked. Yet the Paragon has entreated that I spare
    you, and so I shall─on one condition. Vow that you shall forsake the
    summoning of Another. Do so, and your sins will be absolved. Refuse me,
    and your soul will burn for eternity.
    I think what Iffy is getting at here is that he knows for damn sure that our kind has a primal attached, that has, despite our rejection of it, blessed us with some kind of power. This puts the Amalj'aa in a tough spot - the Paragon (possibly one of the Archons referred to by a different name) taught them how to summon their Primals (aka eikon, meaing "icon," a symbol of esoteric religious worship), but demanded that The Woken be spared. Despite the primals being at war with one another, Ifrit agrees on the condition that we not summon our primal, whoever it may be. Thus, we do have a primal.

Also keep in mind that The Echo has only existence since Midgardsormr's apparent death, upon which the other primals were seen being birthed into the realm.

All the little references seem to add up...
    When we first acquire the Echo, we hear a harp as she sings "Walk Free" [from the song Answers (more on that later)]. So us walkers of the path acquire the echo from a songstress. A songstress with a harp is the motif of the summon Siren, which is known for inflicting silence, which is cured by echo herbs.

Siren's other main attack is called Hope Song... Sound a bit like Answers? "We must hope," "land of hope," etc.

Full Lyrics

I close my eyes, tell us why must we suffer
    Release your hands for your will runs asunder
    My legs long tired, tell us where must we wander
    How can we carry on with redemption beyond us

To all of my children in whom life flows abundant
    To all of my children to whom death hath passed his judgment
    The soul yearns for honor and the flesh the hereafter

Look to those who've walked before to lead those who walk after
    Shining is the land's light of justice
    Ever flows the land's well of purpose
    Walk free, walk free, walk free, believe,
    The land's alive, so believe

Suffer (FEEL ME)
    Lonely (FACE ME)
    Weakness (TEACH ME)
    Evil (FEAR ME)
    Although ... one must ... stumble
    Listen (SPEAK)
    Although ... we might (TELL THEM), we must (TELL THEM) hope
    Although we ... might (TELL THEM), we must (TELL THEM) , land of hope
    Mother (HOPE)
    Father (WISH)
    Every ... wish ... has a ... home
    We must go (ROAM)
    Go (LISTEN)
    Go (SUFFER) home (SANCTUM)
    Swim ... leap...
    And as (SPEAK) we (WANDER) sleep...
    Sleep on... [ANSWER]

Now open your eyes while our plight is repeated
    Still deaf to our cries lost in hope we lie defeated
    Our souls have been torn and our bodies forsaken
    Bearing sins of the past for our future is taken

War, born of strife these trials dissuade us not
    Words without sound these lies betray our thoughts
    Mired by your plague of doubt, the land she mourns
    Judgment binds all we hold to a memory of scorn

Tell us why, given life, we are meant to die? Help us in our cries!

Witness
    (We) suffer (we) borrow (we) reason
    (We) follow (we) struggle (we) wander (we) listen
    (We) whisper (we) shoulder (we) addle (we) weather
    (Please) answer (you) answer (me) answer together

Thy life is a riddle to bear rapture and sorrow
    To listen, to suffer, to entrust unto tomorrow
    In one fleeting moment from the land doth life flow
    Yet in one fleeting moment for anew it doth grow

In the same fleeting moment thou must live, die and know

I think we'll need a lot more info before we go about discussions of Primals and The Twelve, at this point. If I had to make a guess this early in the game about the nature of primals, The Empire's beef with them, the origin of Siren, and where this is all going? ....

WARNING: Full of errors and speculation - Will edit later
    I'd say that the primals have been crossing into our realm from the void for quite some time to feed off of the aether in our realm. The Empire's strength relies on magitek powered by ceruleum, and our land is rich in BOTH... so basically, they see it as a clear good and evil situation - the ancient (primal) creatures, who come from the void and demand to be treated as gods and fed our resources, are evil, and the Empire, a society of this realm whose survival depends on a land whose resources are taken by false gods, will act as the force of good. This would explain why they hate those who can use The Echo as badly as they hate, say, Ifrit. It's a power given by a false god in order to convince us to worship it (more on that later).

Ifrit says that only be one true god... but he refers to himself as a god, so I imagine that what he's saying is that only one primal can dominate our plane or they'll be at war. When the Empire invaded Eorzea to subdue us, expand the Empire, and take our ceruleum, they stumbled upon The One True God at the time; Midgardsormr. They managed to defeat it at such a terrible cost that their momentum was broken.

When Midgardsormr died, it created a power vacuum that every other primal and their mother seeks to fill at this point. They are present through the void to some degree, but need power to manifest here - and absolute power to dominate and monopolize our realm. To achieve these goals, they each pick a small domain or society to rule over and expand from there. Ifrit entreated with the Amals, Titan likened to the Kobold, Garuda found a home with the Ixal. Shiva took on the Northern Gigas territory, Leviathan figured his best chance was with the Sahagin... But when Siren came to the Woken... we failed to recognize her because we already have gods in The Twelve.

We've tried killing the primals before and they just keep coming back. Tales persist that the Lominsans successfully defeated Leviathan and Titan but that they were re-summoned later in no worse condition. Now, The Empire seems to know their true nature, and is invading to satisfy both fronts - take the ceruleum, destroy the primals, ALL of Eorzea's primitive races be damned.

I figure Gaius is the only one who knows that what's coming is much worse than expected. He's got a terrible feeling about Meteor... and I think I know why. I think the Allagan Empire successfully combated primals (hence why Gaius is after their technology, such as the runestones) and subdued The One God of their time - Odin. They imprisoned him and exiled him from our world for a lack of anything better to do with him... exiled him into space... where his jail cell would orbit our moon until we decided what to do with him.

And Nael Van Darnus just cast Meteor on it.

The Twelve, the true Gods of Eorzea, are sending the Archons back to deal with it. They're manipulating everything - they come to the beast tribes as Paragons, rally Eorzeans as Archons, antagonize The Empire... forcing everything towards one inevitable conclusion - the final battle for our realm with a force we've yet to even identify.
    (11)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 11-03-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    The other reason people might think our primal is Siren is because of this picture, on the front of the collectors' editions of the game:

Of course, others have argued that that is Garuda, which would unbox an entire different debate.

There is a contradiction in the lore if we assume our primal is Siren. In the Smiths' quests, you learn of the Sirens and their songs, which have a legacy dating back to the notorious pirate Mistbeard, probably even earlier. And no, I don't know what to make of the final cutscene in the Smith L36 quest either - that just confused me. Either way, I can't see our dear lore/loc teams re-using an iconic name like that in the same game.

My personal theory: The Twelve are cut of the same cloth as the primals and are as similar to Ifrit as Garuda and Titan are. Heck, the primals may even BE incarnations of the twelve, meaning Ifrit could be Azeyma and Shiva could be Halone. "I summon the Fury. Diamond Dust!"

Nice theory about Odin and ancient Allag, by the way.

On a slightly related note, let us also recall that when a primal is defeated, its aether is sucked up by Dalamud, which it also did to Nael. That's not something you would expect the archons to be encouraging. So either those six are ignorant on a few fronts themselves, or we're being royally led up the garden path by them. In which case, I would agree that the paragon as referred to by Ifrit is an archon. But if they are ignorant, I don't buy it. Hard to tell at this point.

On a slightly less related note, I also expect to see clones of primals spawning in the assault on Ul'dah soon, much like Nael-clones have.
    (5)
    Last edited by Catapult; 11-03-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Vai Greystone
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Ugh, wrote a response and lost it. Let's try to rewrite it...

Thank you for the response, good ser! It makes sense - although I have a few comments.

One is that I don't think the Garleans are in contention with the Primals over ceruleum as much as over aether itself. Was it ever actually stated that ceruleum is concentrated aether or an aether source? I know that the Primals are aethervorous (it's a word now!), and that Gaius at least considers this an existential threat to all Hydaelyn and uses this to justify the Garlean assault.

Secondly, I do remember the revelation that the Spoken Primal exists - and I think Siren or Ramuh would be the best possible options for that barring an extensive redesign, since they're the most 'human-looking' and primals always seem to look somewhat like their chosen people.

Also, "Odin (or Ramuh, but probably Odin given as we've seen concept art for him) is stuck in Dalamud" has been a theory of mine for a very long time now. I feel like - given the obvious reference to FF12's Judges with their armour - the Garleans sincerely want to remove the influence of the Primals from the sapient races' doings. (At least, Gaius does. I can't wait to see him in ARR :3) Your theory that Midgardsormr was actually -protecting- Eorzea from the Primals that are now running rampant all over it is -incredibly- interesting and a rather obvious solution that I didn't think of myself. /doff hat.

Grah, now you've got me all thinking about this again. Hopefully the Eleventh will give us some answers...
    (0)
    7UP!

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Strangely enough, I've gotta go one way on some of that evidence and the other on the other! I'd say the box art is clearly Garuda as well. Check out the feets - they're goat's legs, as we see here:

Now, SE released some other art recently that seems to be inclusive of Siren, who looks mighty similar to Garuda... except for the goat feets.

One might say that we don't officially know that it's Siren yet... but... c'mon, man. Garuda with claws, lady feet, and a more human visage. Another big hint is that SE likes showing Siren with vertical head wings lately... a-la FFXIII

Could SE have just made a mistake on this one? It's possible. It's certainly an easy mistake to make; many people already mistook the art as a redesign of Garuda!

Now, you're onto something about the game using the word Siren rather frequently to refer to things that are most definitely NOT Siren. Is that reckless, or is it an allusion to our oblivion at the fact that she's our primal? The SANGUINE SIRENS pirate group hangs out on the Astalicia... and what do we find there but a girl with a harp...

And do you know what she's playing on that harp?

... The first few chords of "Answers"

#mindblown

As for Midgardsormr, I'm not sure if it was protecting anything other than its own access to crystals, or whatever it is that it really wanted. The fact that it may have had become The One God of Eorzea at the time didn't mean that it was protecting anything... just that it had successfully subjugated the other entities.

If Odin is going to become The One again... that would certainly explain why Dalamud is absorbing aether. That's why primals wanted crystals in the first place.

EDIT: Going to have to revamp the theories a bit; did some research and aether and ceruleum are very different compounds. Ceruleum is a rare element and a potent fuel - but is worthless for summoning primals. Garlean Magitek is powered by ceruleum, and we assumed that's what they were here for.

However, that's probably not the case - the Empire is rooted in three places: Toto-Rak, Dzemael Darkhold, and Mor Dhona. Those three areas are huge for crystal production, which is just aether. Chances are one of two things - 1) they want to stop all flow of aether to the primals in our land to starve them, or B) they want to summon their own primal - which may be what's up with those Ultima images that look like Gaius in monster form.

In fact, the aether Midgardsormr was feeding off of was probably from Crystal Tower... or the tomb of the Allag Empreror under Silvertear falls...
    (5)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 11-03-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    The SANGUINE SIRENS pirate group hangs out on the Astalicia... and what do we find there but a girl with a harp...

And do you know what she's playing on that harp?

... The first few chords of "Answers"

/own mind implodes as well
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    RAMPANT speculation that's persisted since the beginning of the game.

First, we must establish that The Woken have a primal at all...

Ifrit
    You avow yourselves blessed by gods, yet lack the capacity to
    summon them to your aid. To which do you kneel, mortals?

Path Companion:
    [Different for Each Race; to the effect of, "Our kind bows before no primal!"]

Ifrit:
    Fools. Blind to the grace of those who would grant you protection
    and bless you with their fortune. Your blindness is born of ignorance.
    I smell the taint upon your soul. Is it Garuda...or Titan? Perchance...
    Leviathan? ... The Paragon warned of the godless blessed. There
    can only be one true god in this world, and those without cannot be
    allowed to roam unchecked. Yet the Paragon has entreated that I spare
    you, and so I shall─on one condition. Vow that you shall forsake the
    summoning of Another. Do so, and your sins will be absolved. Refuse me,
    and your soul will burn for eternity.
    I think what Iffy is getting at here is that he knows for damn sure that our kind has a primal attached, that has, despite our rejection of it, blessed us with some kind of power. This puts the Amalj'aa in a tough spot - the Paragon (possibly one of the Archons referred to by a different name) taught them how to summon their Primals (aka eikon, meaing "icon," a symbol of esoteric religious worship), but demanded that The Woken be spared. Despite the primals being at war with one another, Ifrit agrees on the condition that we not summon our primal, whoever it may be. Thus, we do have a primal.

Also keep in mind that The Echo has only existence since Midgardsormr's apparent death, upon which the other primals were seen being birthed into the realm.

All the little references seem to add up...
    When we first acquire the Echo, we hear a harp as she sings "Walk Free" [from the song Answers (more on that later)]. So us walkers of the path acquire the echo from a songstress. A songstress with a harp is the motif of the summon Siren, which is known for inflicting silence, which is cured by echo herbs.

Siren's other main attack is called Hope Song... Sound a bit like Answers? "We must hope," "land of hope," etc.

Full Lyrics

I close my eyes, tell us why must we suffer
    Release your hands for your will runs asunder
    My legs long tired, tell us where must we wander
    How can we carry on with redemption beyond us

To all of my children in whom life flows abundant
    To all of my children to whom death hath passed his judgment
    The soul yearns for honor and the flesh the hereafter

Look to those who've walked before to lead those who walk after
    Shining is the land's light of justice
    Ever flows the land's well of purpose
    Walk free, walk free, walk free, believe,
    The land's alive, so believe

Suffer (FEEL ME)
    Lonely (FACE ME)
    Weakness (TEACH ME)
    Evil (FEAR ME)
    Although ... one must ... stumble
    Listen (SPEAK)
    Although ... we might (TELL THEM), we must (TELL THEM) hope
    Although we ... might (TELL THEM), we must (TELL THEM) , land of hope
    Mother (HOPE)
    Father (WISH)
    Every ... wish ... has a ... home
    We must go (ROAM)
    Go (LISTEN)
    Go (SUFFER) home (SANCTUM)
    Swim ... leap...
    And as (SPEAK) we (WANDER) sleep...
    Sleep on... [ANSWER]

Now open your eyes while our plight is repeated
    Still deaf to our cries lost in hope we lie defeated
    Our souls have been torn and our bodies forsaken
    Bearing sins of the past for our future is taken

War, born of strife these trials dissuade us not
    Words without sound these lies betray our thoughts
    Mired by your plague of doubt, the land she mourns
    Judgment binds all we hold to a memory of scorn

Tell us why, given life, we are meant to die? Help us in our cries!

Witness
    (We) suffer (we) borrow (we) reason
    (We) follow (we) struggle (we) wander (we) listen
    (We) whisper (we) shoulder (we) addle (we) weather
    (Please) answer (you) answer (me) answer together

Thy life is a riddle to bear rapture and sorrow
    To listen, to suffer, to entrust unto tomorrow
    In one fleeting moment from the land doth life flow
    Yet in one fleeting moment for anew it doth grow

In the same fleeting moment thou must live, die and know

I think we'll need a lot more info before we go about discussions of Primals and The Twelve, at this point. If I had to make a guess this early in the game about the nature of primals, The Empire's beef with them, the origin of Siren, and where this is all going? ....

I'd say that the primals have been crossing into our realm from the void for quite some time to feed off of the ceruleum in our realm. The Empire's strength relies on magitek powered by ceruleum as well... so basically, they see it as a clear good and evil situation - the ancient (primal) creatures, who come from the void and demand to be treated as gods and fed our resources, are evil, and the Empire, a society of this realm whose survival depends on resources taken by false gods, will act as the force of good. This would explain why they hate those who can use The Echo as badly as they hate, say, Ifrit. It's a power given by a false god in order to convince us to worship it (more on that later).

Ifrit says that only be one true god... but he refers to himself as a god, so I imagine that what he's saying is that only one primal can dominate our plane or they'll be at war. When the Empire invaded Eorzea to subdue us, expand the Empire, and take our ceruleum, they stumbled upon where our ceruleum was really going: into The One True God at the time; Midgardsormr. They managed to defeat it at such a terrible cost that their momentum was broken.

When Midgardsormr died, it created a power vacuum that every other primal and their mother seeks to fill at this point. They are present through the void to some degree, but need power to manifest here - and absolute power to dominate and monopolize our realm. To achieve these goals, they each pick a small domain or society to rule over and expand from there. Ifrit entreated with the Amals, Titan likened to the Kobold, Garuda found a home with the Ixal. Shiva took on the Northern Gigas territory, Leviathan figured his best chance was with the Sahagin... But when Siren came to the Woken... we failed to recognize her because we already have gods in The Twelve.

We've tried killing the primals before and they just keep coming back. Tales persist that the Lominsans successfully defeated Leviathan and Titan but that they were re-summoned later in no worse condition. Now, The Empire seems to know their true nature, and is invading to satisfy both fronts - take the ceruleum, destroy the primals, ALL of Eorzea's primitive races be damned.

I figure Gaius is the only one who knows that what's coming is much worse than expected. He's got a terrible feeling about Meteor... and I think I know why. I think the Allagan Empire successfully combated primals (hence why Gaius is after their technology, such as the runestones) and subdued The One God of their time - Odin. They imprisoned him and exiled him from our world for a lack of anything better to do with him... exiled him into space... where his jail cell would orbit our moon until we decided what to do with him.

And Nael Van Darnus just cast Meteor on it.

The Twelve, the true Gods of Eorzea, are sending the Archons back to deal with it. They're manipulating everything - they come to the beast tribes as Paragons, rally Eorzeans as Archons, antagonize The Empire... forcing everything towards one inevitable conclusion - the final battle for our realm with a force we've yet to even identify.
    My idea of Midgardsormr was that he was send by the king which is Bahamut a powerful Primal in his own right.

I remember reading about each Bestiary on a npc saying ixal tunted wings and coarse feathers of the Ixal are vestiges of a time when they could fly freely through the skies but they was not happy with that gift so they sought ever greater power so they learn how to build ships and other stuff but forgot how to fly.

I also remember that the Amalj'aa was noting but lizards and when ifrit came to our world it burn everything but them. He saw that and give them a gift also.

I really want to learn more about that and more information if Midgardsormr was just send by Bahamut or if he his own primal himself so much i love to know i bet we find this all out in few years ; ; now that 2.0 is a fix game we can go back to learning the lore of the game even tho we do have a new team and the story may change from what it was going to become in 1.0 i bet it still be a awesome story.
    (4)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast