Character
    Mieck Corcoczeck
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    Travanchet is a given...
    Pulled this out of my Limsa character's screenshots. The rest of the cutscene absolutely has shadows running.

I trawled through all my Ul'dah GC screens as well, but no-one there seems to be missing their shadow.

Edit: Great posts, Fern. Very interesting points. I'm interested in seeing how the story is presented in ARR.... it was a major gripe of mine that in 1.0, it was so unclear as to what was where, whose memory you were in, and when it all was in relation to 1572 6(A). In my view, not much point in telling a good story, even one that is designed to keep dripping information and reveals out, if it's being obfuscated by the story telling method itself.
    (9)
    Last edited by Mieck; 11-21-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Player
    Of course the Sirens from smith/armorer quest are not the same at all as the pirate crew.
    The pirates have simply just named their pirate guild after the mythical sirens because they are all women but the ones in the armor/smith quest are actual sirens that hypnotice you i assume they are disguised as mi'qote,elezen and hyur.

Now we think the female voice that awakens our echo is Siren the primal but it could be just as well be the mother crystal.

I don't remember seen anyone w/o a shadow in Gridania story line so i assume is an Ul'dah exclusive thing as when you see the only Ascian sight in game is around Ul'ddah, people without shadows are their servants?

Now we know the 12 can't be "Knights of Round" as some have suggested and they were never actually gods to begin with (maybe?) as Ferna hinted stories are exaggerated through History as more people tell it maybe the 12 are just Eorzean legends of uncommon folk that did good deeds or bad...the question is...what they did happened before Allag? maybe the 12 were the creators of the "jobs"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Thanks so much for taking the time to answer some of these questions Ferne. A lot of things were cleared up, and I'm glad to know the things you couldn't touch on much should at least get resolved in ARR.
    (2)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Thanks Ferney-Poo. I now I lots of new reason to start a new character.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Wow! Thanks for the awesome posts! I also play with shadows off so I might have to rewatch CS with them on...

Player
    Character
    Karon Mephisto
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Snip ~ Wall of Text
    I just had an Brain Orgasm... O_O);
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fusionx Griever
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Greetings all! Grab a cup of Windurstian tea
    Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to get that stuff on the XIV forum?!
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Jacien Visenad
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    I don't remember seen anyone w/o a shadow in Gridania story line so i assume is an Ul'dah exclusive thing as when you see the only Ascian sight in game is around Ul'ddah, people without shadows are their servants?
    The Ascian you see in the main story is part of the Path of the Twelve questline. Which is after when all 3 city-state questlines merge together.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Rane Farstrider
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Thank you for the awesome posts, Ferne! The world of XIV makes a lot more sense now. I'm kind of embarrassed to say that I didn't even realize that it was the meteor shower at the beginning of the game that gave my character the power of the echo. Maybe that was revealed in one of the Walking Sands cutscenes and I just forgot. (。_。);;

As I read your posts I couldn't help thinking that the void is a really cool concept. I hope that the ARR storyline establishes what the void is early on rather than just alluding to its existence. That's not to say that I expect some NPC to be able to explain exactly what's going on there--the void is by nature mysterious. But it might be nice if there were a quest (or series of quests) in which NPCs that have knowledge of the void give you some enlightening details, followed by story events in which you witness creatures coming out of/going into the void for yourself.

Anyway, back to your posts. That was possibly the single most satisfying explanation of the world of Final Fantasy XIV I've ever read. While most good fantasy stories include a healthy dose of the unknown, it's really helpful to have some solid information to use as a basis for understanding the world and what's going on in it. Your lore posts have helped provide that, and A Realm Reborn will be a much more enjoyable experience as a result. Thank you so much for doing this. It shows how much you care about the game and those of us who are playing it.

It also makes me really excited to hear about Yoshida's approach to presenting the world and story of Final Fantasy XIV. Like, really excited. I think he's spot on.

This game has such a bright future it's crazy. So keep doing what you do, and again, thank you!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Wait, so is Fern the Amanda Hudgenkiss from the General Discussion forum?!
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Page 25 of 96 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast