Thread: CG Midlander

Player
    Character
    Naruru Ariku
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Thank you for posting answers to some of our inquiries. This is definitely making me more excited for ARR. Keep up the great work!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Greetings all! Grab a cup of Windurstian tea
    Hehe... Someone spent time in Vana'diel

That was a great read. Thank you for posting it ^_^
    (8)
    Last edited by Niqote; 11-20-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Player
    Wait a minute >_< Ferne didn't answer if the creature in the CE cover is indeed Garuda or not... someone summon him again!!

EDIT: I'm surprised Moose hasn't done his victory appearance yet :O!
    (1)
    Last edited by Warlock; 11-20-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jacien Visenad
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Read the entire thing. Gonna reread again so I can brag that I know about the peeps from those cutscenes.

So it was the Elezen male that left. My bad. :P Now I wanna know why he left! Could there be a tweeeeest in the plot? Could he... have joined the Empire?

Would really love to see them ingame and even fight with them, or against them in a PvP style raid. (you can thank Skyrim's newest DLC for giving the idea lol)

I also like the clarification about the Echo. So basically, you relive someone's memories as if you were there all along. But things aren't actually changed in the past, just that person's memory if they noticed. Like the kid from the ALC quest thought you were the one that helped him.

But some people are resistant to being influenced by it and will realize what you did. Like the Rival from the THM quest, or the one Seedseer in a sidequest.

Also:
    (7)
    Last edited by Jacien; 11-20-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Grab a cup of Windurstian tea and pull up your chairs
    As luck would have it, I was indeed able to have some Windurstian goods imported via my Excellent Adventure through the Atomos. How'd you know about that? /panic

I’d like to start off by apologizing.
    PSHHHAW. Those apologies will be stored safely in a box for a day when they are appropriate. If waiting a few days is the difference between a simple ambiguity fix and bonus lore crumblies sprinkled on top, I can wait.

It simply means, the answers are coming in 2.0, and Yoshi-P, the Lorelord, and his faithful minions don’t want to spill the beans before they can be properly planted in the oven.
    We're certainly willing to wait for any info that they don't want known yet. The main reason I bring issues like this one to the LOC forum at all is because they appear to be things that are meant to be clear but are not. This line, of course, wasn't very clear in this thread because we got a little anxious with the wait and decided to debate the meaning of everything but life itself.

This is why that for the duration of 1.0, Eorzea was in a perpetual 1572. Think of it as the same thing that’s happening in the Simpsons. 23 seasons gone and Lisa’s still 8, Maggie’s still a baby, and the gummy Venus still tastes oh, so sacrelicious.
    This is one thing I'd always just taken for granted; that 1572-6A was the end of the line until the End of an Era cutscene, where we transition to 0-7U (and eventually into what I assume is 5-AU for ARR). With a game year passing every 18 Earth days, there'd be only so much leeway to give before we'd be right to assume that Chronos has a hand in our biological immortality. (ALSO, LOL).

Pictured: The Eorzean Timeline

the CGI was too far along to change without setting the completion date back, and so they left it as-is.
    And the congestion sought to be avoided by moving it out of the AG would, of course, damn to the same fate any city we could give it to in order to explain this away. Bah; render unto the incongruity gods what is the incongruity gods' ... Limsa Lominsa it is!

and the seal which he protected (guarding the concentration of aether beneath Silvertear Lake) is broken, allowing the beast tribes access to this energy, which they use to freely summon their primals (as taught to them by the mysterious paragons).
    Ahhhhhhh - methinks that this is the key that was missing to our being able to piece it all together. From what I'd gathered from NPC chatter and quest information, Mor Dhona was clearly the center of it all; but I figured it was just a hub or origin point. I never caught onto the idea that the energy was supposed to remain there, or was constrained in any way. This piece of information about the seal allows a lot of the freedom we were given in creating explanations to be swept cleanly into the dustbin. Midgardsormr didn't possess, or monopolize the energy - he kept the cork on the bottle. Gotcha!

(because you cannot die in an Echo-induced memory).
    I will keep this information from the in-game Anony Moose... the things he'd do...

(okay, two aether-hungry primals and one super-cuddly primal)
    SUPER-cuddly. I know Moggle-Mog was sort of a one-off good-times event, but it gives me hope that maybe one day we'll see some other fun ones off on the sidelines somewhere. I see a future where there's a Goblin King who rings his frypan and tosses bombs and has some sort of terrifying firework cannon... and the music would be an homage to David Bowie, because, come on. Goblin King.

they lose the services of one Elezen male
    Didn't see that one coming! I thought for sure the grumpy scowls coming from under that hat were from the same snarky grumpus we saw in the AG. I guess it would make more sense that he'd take his grumpsterness elsewhere before she would... but, still! Bested by a frowny elezen female!

They’re just somewhere else. Though, maybe you’ll stumble across their party in the future. Or maybe you won’t. How’s that for committing to an answer?
    It's good enough for me! I do like running into promotional, tie-in, and cinematic characters in game, as it really anchors everything, but I can deal with just assuming we never cross paths. Wouldn't want to pull a Pyramid Head and shoe horn them in where there's no reason to.

It doesn’t matter if you tell me it’s not Siren, I know it’s Siren.
    For some reason, I read this entire thing in the voice of that Beggin' Strips dog... As for the story pacing, I'm glad to hear Yoshi-P's put some spotlight on the issues. Pacing in Final Fantasy is always so much better with the action than the story, and if I may be so bold, there's a pretty strong correlation between those installments that are remembered most fondly and those who conscientiously dole out the info.

As for Siren, it would make a lot things in 1.X seem like brilliant hidden gems... but, we'll see where it goes. Myself, I've grown rather fond of Catapult's crystal theory.

No, that is not Leviathan. It’s a sea serpent.
    HNNNG - right in the credibility. I'd taken the Company of Heroes slaying into the information about the reappearance into the surprise at seeing him in the Limsa storyline was an example of the reappearance process... not in spite of it. Y'shtola mentions that this serpent is frequently mentioned... and Lominsan civilians seem to know of him, as well. Wonder what his story'll be!

Perhaps you might find something interesting if you go back through the 1.0 cutscenes and look for people without shadows...
    Spoken like a man who knows I play with Character Shadows off because for some builds they end up looking like one of those acid-trip GIFs... but the only color is flesh....

Why do shadows look like I'm melti-
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGIGANTOAD.

I mean, it’s religion. It’s hazy by design.
    YAY, REALISM!

Atomos was one of these creatures. So, what happened to him? That remains to be seen in ARR.
    So, if Atomos is from the void, and required aether to manifest... Hm! That puts a new spin on several of the other voidsent! I suppose we never would have noticed if gargoyles and gryphs are required to absorb some aether to get in on reality; the rifts in the void are often in aether-rich places as is... and being small, they'd only have to knock off a few living things...

How dark! That's going to push a few of the voidsent up my list of favorites...

kind of like my grandfather who probably wasn’t what I’d call a ‘racist,’ but ended up using terms...
    I love that Eorzea even has its own "product of the times" conversation patterns... ugh, what a shame it would have been for this game to go unrealized. We've gotta help the dev-team get this game where it should be, forum-goers.

I'M TAKIN' EIKON BACK; YOU WATCH.

Do you believe that the Archons are avatars of the Twelve because a crazy girl with spriggan friends dreamt it was true?
    See, there's an interesting way to put it. I think a lot of us questioned what of those tales might be real, but I think that event also caused us to equate the term "Archon" with the definition "avatar of The Twelve." We've put a lot more time into questioning whether or not they're archons and not so much into whether or not archon means what we think it means...

Thanks so much for your time, Ferne! I think these two posts really help consolidate what mysteries of 1.X were meant to be wrapped up tidy and which Yoshi-P still has designs on. It's also humbling to see such a diverse continuum of places we (and I especially) were right on, way off, and degrees of in-between. The stage is set!

Time to rally the troops...
    (26)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 11-20-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Thanks for the post Ferne and thanks Anonymoose for the thread, Catapult, Warlock, Zenaku and others who have gathered information and posted things that brought up great discussion topics. Now we can sit and discuss what happened to the male Elezen, maybe the Miqo really did 'grow weary of the company' and mpk'd him.

What I have been allowed to say is, the Sanguine Sirens are different from the sirens which are mentioned in the blacksmith/armorer class quests, and both are different from Siren of Final Fantasies past (who has not been mentioned in-game). And then there's the provisional artwork that was recently released...

So wait, does this mean there is no Siren primal? Well, that remains to be seen.
    Wonder which artwork is in question.

Oh well, now to watch Cutscenes and look for shadowless people.
    (3)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NoloeTazier View Post
    Oh well, now to watch Cutscenes and look for shadowless people.
    Travanchet is a given... At first he appears to be nothing more than a regular serpent reaver (a member of the woken races who is truly allied with the sahagin), but it becomes clear pretty quick that this guy's got far darker allegiances. The thing is... he's clearly shadowless, travels via the starshower, and absorbed The Key into his chest using the Final Fantasy signature black and purple "dark magic." He's already been outed... but could there be others? O.O

Ohhh, I love any mystery where the baddies blend in; it always leads to scenarios that make you question whether it's really the outsiders you have to worry about in the first place, or if the people on your own side are just as bad...
    (8)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    <snip>

Wow. So much awesome information and questions answered. Thank you for all the work you put into those huge posts for us humble questers of lore

(7)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I said many time he was just a sea serpent i remember reading it in a quest nice to know that i was right.

So the twelve could just be normal humans race living back with magic or technology that is beyond the comprehension of the commonfolk it's pretty much a hint. I wonder what the high Elezen come to play and who there are i wonder if that the people who was the Twelve or just other high race back then. I hope we get to hear more about pass race i know grid talk about a high elezen race that i forgot to mention here but i knew there not going to be much information on them yet

Now about the part of dragons are beast tribe and they have there own primal i wonder if bahamut is there primal or if there a beast tribe of wyvern also and there primal is bahamut which if so that mean they still a primal who is a dragon missing.

And lol so the BLM was the female and i thought it was the male i wonder if he was just being a asshole and left or the kitty cat just piss him off so he left or other reason. i hope we get to see them in the game one day maybe we can have a event that there in our team and fight with us that be fun

So much information but then again so many question unanswered and have to wait for 2.0 I knew that most of the story told in FFXIV was made up by people who was told the story and only told the part they like and made up the rest. The shadow thing got me i play with it on but never really look at there shadows o.o

can't wait for more ffxiv have such interesting and complicated storyline more so then FFXI can't wait for me..
    (3)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 11-20-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Wow. Thanks, Ferne. And Moose, who has already covered most of what I wanted to say in true annonymoosy fashion.
    I cannot "like" your posts enough.

It seems we were mostly on target with a lot of stuff, or at least someone was on target in almost every instance. Although I don't think anyone actually called the Blackmage being a her. Yeah, that one got us. Well, it smacked me about a bit at least.

I also wouldn't have called the Sea serpent =/= Leviathan one unless I had to fix that German translation. I was previously sold to the other side of that debate.

Ferne is taunting us about Siren.... That means it isn't Siren.

I'm starting to like the "Lodestone" theory more now (I know I proposed it, but I was originally only lukewarm on it, mostly because I didn't like any of the other theories). Since we now know Midgardsomr was the proverbial Champagne Cork, the great wyrm's passing would easily become a "holy crap" moment for the Lodestone and her security. Previously guarded by Midgardsomr, she now needs new protection and lots of it.
    My original theory on the results of the battle of Silvertear Skies was amusingly the opposite - that the crystaline explosion put a crude plug in naturally flowing aether to cause all that wierd stuff to happen. I'm gonna have to stew over this a bit more....

...and re-watch cut-scenes. Especially around Gridania where there has been no talk of Ascians.
    (6)
    Last edited by Catapult; 11-20-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Page 24 of 96 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast