Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    There were few hints and much more detailed ones but from in-game:
    (Sorry if NA lore name is different)
    Dalamud was launched by ancient arag empire and is man made
    Each tribe has individual gods (beastmen having primals, human race having the twelve)
    Van Darnus carries blood from ancient arag empire.
    Theologian from Ishgard has been abducted by the empire.
    I wont allow any more gods to be called upon (Garuda's script)
    Power of the crystal is sent to Dalamud

Dragon race also falls under what the Eorzean calls as beastmen tribes, so.....
    Niddhogg isn't a god but is a dragon in highest place of the dragon race, also Midgarsom is special but isn't a god.
    For humans there are many kings depending on the era right? That's about it on what I can say for now.

Now we know that midgardsormr is not a primal himself but a very powerful beast in the game. Also by yoshi-p saying that each tribe has individual gods like beastmen having primals and human race having twelve. Then i think it save to say that just other world for saying "God" like us humans call them twelve because there 12 of them and the beastmen call them primals because that what word they use so at the end the twelve are primals and could be as strong as them as long as the world have enough power to summon there full power.

Seeing how in 2.0 free company can summon primals it save to say that us human can make also summon our own gods. Also it seem in 2.0 they be a way to summon the primals without using the power of the land by other means seeing how many free companys would be summing a lot of primals and yoshi-p said before you allow to use it you have to fill a bar so i'm guessing that bar would be power to summon them.

Sadly yoshi-p did not give anymore information because he does not want us to find 2.0 boring we got a lot of information tho.

Also Niddhogg isn't a god but is a dragon in highest place of the dragon race
    (1)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Not that this really answers many questions, it does give a little more information:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post893891

* Each tribe has individual gods (beastmen having primals, human race having the twelve) - makes me think the humanoid races don't have a Primal, as others have alluded to maybe Siren being our Primal.

* Van Darnus carries blood from ancient arag (Allag) empire.

* Dragon race also falls under what the Eorzean calls as beastmen tribes, so.....
    Niddhogg isn't a god but is a dragon in highest place of the dragon race, also Midgarsom is special but isn't a god. - so the dragons probably worship Bahamut as their Primal. This will make the story in Ishgard, when it comes out, pretty interesting I think.

Doh! Zenaku beat me to it
    (1)
    Last edited by Orophin; 11-15-2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Too slow on my post :(

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    If that translation is accurate, and Midgardsormr isn't a primal, I do believe SE should update their website, no? It still clearly states that the appearance of a primal is what halted the advance on Eorzea.

Was the advance not halted by the Battle of Silvertear skies, and thus Midgardsormr?

Did they bump into anyone else during that time?
    (3)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 11-15-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Hello all!

I truly apologize about the wait! I've been keeping a close watch on this thread, as well as the other lore posts that have been popping up around the forums (that one on the psycho-cultural analysis of the Garlean Empire was epic). Now that the End of an Era trailer has been released, I think I can finally get the permission needed to answer some of the questions that you have...or at least confirm some of the theories that you have put together.

I'm currently in the process of preparing a reply, but it will need to be cleared by the other half of the lore team before I can post it. He's currently out of the office, taking a well deserved break, but should be back early next week. Hopefully then I can clear some things up (though, you guys are spot on, or at least very close, on a lot of issues).

Anywho, I just wanted to let you all know that you aren't being ignored! (And yes, we're still pushing to get an actual Lore page on the new ARR Lodestone so all these posts can be consolidated in one convenient location. ♪Mired by a plague of ill-placed lore posts, the Ferne, he mourns♪).
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Looking forward to it!

Advance apologies if reading through all of our no doubt error-filled conjecture sprees was tedious... [/whistles]
    (1)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    If that translation is accurate, and Midgardsormr isn't a primal, I do believe SE should update their website, no? It still clearly states that the appearance of a primal is what halted the advance on Eorzea.

Was the advance not halted by the Battle of Silvertear skies, and thus Midgardsormr?

Did they bump into anyone else during that time?
    Midgardsormr is not a primal but he did free the primals so the primal did do there part midgardsomr was dying when the primals was getting free so it was the primal who did the job thanks to him.
    (1)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    So Dravnians will be Beastmen? Weird because I thought they were designing them to be a playable race. Also didn't Ifrit say we have our own Primal? So either Ifrit is lying or the lore is changing.

Can't wait for the lore update Ferne.
    (0)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Ahhhh, that is true. The phrase is definitely ambiguous enough for the "unanticipated" primal to be those that came into the world on Midgardsormr's death, isn't it...

Good call, there.

As for draconic beastmen, it's going to be interesting to see how they bring this in. The game seems to imply that the beast tribes we have now were once normal animals that were transformed, possibly by their gods. Might the Amal'jaa just be salamanders? The Ixal vultures? The Kobolds rodents? If each of these is true, it certainly holds possible that the dragons were gifted in some way, as well.

That part is also a little ambiguous though - the beast tribes might have just been made more... mean... by the primals, lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 11-15-2012 at 11:55 AM.
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Ahhhh, that is true. The phrase is definitely ambiguous enough for the "unanticipated" primal to be those that came into the world on Midgardsormr's death, isn't it...

Good call, there.

As for draconic beastmen, it's going to be interesting to see how they bring this in. The game seems to imply that the beast tribes we have now were once normal animals that were transformed, possibly by their gods. Might the Amal'jaa just be salamanders? The Ixal vultures? The Kobolds rodents? If each of these is true, it certainly holds possible that the dragons were gifted in some way, as well.

That part is also a little ambiguous though - the beast tribes might have just been made more... mean... by the primals, lol.
    Yeah definitely a bit more mean, Amalj'aa and Ixali use to trade with humans. Seems like Sahagins were always at odds with Limsa and Leviathan did appear around the same time as Ifrit, so we could assume it made them bolder. But they do seem to have a human contingent, I forget what they're called, but its the people that work for the Sahagins. Sylphs may have their Primal but they happily work with the Gridanians, but Sylphs also seem less 'beastish.' Don't really remember any instances, besides Aleport Hamlet, to where Kobolds openly attacked people except if they wandered into their mines. It'll be interesting to hear where these Gigas (concept pdfs) come from. If Dravnians are going to be a new Beastmen Tribe and they worship Bahamut, I guess we could say we might be fighting them soon.
    (0)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Good call, there.

i think i said that in this topic or other amal'jaa where small lizard in ul'dah area when ifrit came to the land. Everything burn and he found that the lizard was not. He was so impress by this that he give them them a gift and give him some of his power making them turn into the beastmen we know today as amal'ja. The Ixal also got a gift from garuda they also could Fly but ended getting bored of that gift so ended up losing it but in return learn how to build many type of new technology.

There not so much information on Koblods or the rest of the beastmen but i guess they follow the same. But the idea SE went is that there was normal mobs more normal then let's say salamanders because there was small lizard that ifrit saw.

@NoloeTazier that make no sense to what the NPCS lore said in each of the 3 citys ul'dah one said what i just said above that they was lizard that did not get burn by ifrit.
    (1)

Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast