Player

My concerns... Algorythyms and limited job skill combinations

I have voiced this once before I believe so I'll start with the algarythyms.
    I'll just say it, this game makes no sense for stat point allocation. When people are saying these stats do relatively nothing of notice and that no one can seem to figure out how it works, thats rather infuriating. In ffxi, it was somewhat better but I think still could be improved on somewhat. Please do not over think this. Simplify it a little bit more. Take a look at worldofwarcraft ( not the best game out there but its stat system makes sense ) it is so easy to understand and use and figure out without people going overboard with all this math and calculus to figure out something simple like spell dmg or dmg reduction / etc. Could you implement something like that? Perhaps you already have with the new ARR but I am not fully convinced that you have just looking at ffxi. At least an improvement of some sort. I dont want to log back in to another quantum equation that needs to be solved by math proffessors in order to figure out wtf is going on and how it works...

My other concern. In ffxi I loved how you could sub (anything) as a secondary job. hell it didnt even have to make sense ( nin / sum ) for example. sky was the limit. In this from my understanding, if you are a certain job then you only have access to certain other skills and that makes for a less customised and unique feel to the game... Are you worried everyone will find another (rdm / nin ) combo. Yes, that was highly epic and a beast at that. However, I feel like we should have a bigger table to choose from. I understand the lower classes before you get your job is able to do this but once you have your job, you are automatically limited. I would also like to see this changed if possible =)

Not sure if these would be major or minor concerns but these are the ones that jump out as soon as I start thinking about ARR. Ohhh and one more thing. I dont know why you did this in the first place. But for the love of the 12, please god please do us all a huge favour and implement an Auction House. It Works! why do you think most other games use this? And not those crappy ffxi auction houses where none of them were linked and you could only sell 7 things....horrible, absoulotly horrible... WoW has a great economy, look at there auction houses, that would be great =)

Anyways thanks for reading and hope alot of others are onboard with me =)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Teisha Linne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Stats are already being simplified for ARR so you can check out that.

Also we're getting an AH too I think, but anyway, the current Market Wards work almost like AH, just missed some functionality that also is going to be added in ARR. So that is covered too.
    (0)