Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    I strongly agree with OP. Having range circles/cones displayed is something that I've wanted ever since Beta of 1.0. However, it never came.
    As it was mentioned before, for instant skills/spells, simply hovering over the skill icon should display the range circle/cone.

As for hardcore players that "dislike being spoon-fed", simply turn it off in the config menu as it would need to be a client-side visual aid.

One more thing, the spells and skills, as it was mentioned, should definitely be displayed as wide half-spheres like we see in the videos. A simply copy-paste of the individual animation in front of everyone is probably the lamest AoE skill/spell effect I've ever seen. Especially in an MMO, visual is extremely important this should be part of it.

The devs are doing a great job and I hope Yoshi-P & cie have thought of it already and it is in motion of becoming reality. ^^
    (2)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Mog Net
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    would be good if this was also visible by party members so they know to get inside of a certain area for a buff.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Galliano View Post
    would be good if this was also visible by party members so they know to get inside of a certain area for a buff.
    that would be terrible.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I hate when they easy-mode crap in MMOs and I don't see how this is spoon feeding. A character that knows how to cast a spell should know how big the spell is. Simple as that. If they don't want to add AOE makers they should at least put the Radius on the tool tip.

Personally, I want the markers because i think the rune idea in the OP would look wicked cool.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiote View Post
    I hate when they easy-mode crap in MMOs and I don't see how this is spoon feeding. A character that knows how to cast a spell should know how big the spell is. Simple as that. If they don't want to add AOE makers they should at least put the Radius on the tool tip.

Personally, I want the markers because i think the rune idea in the OP would look wicked cool.
    I like this :P
    (0)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I really like that idea that everyone seems to be bringing up making these ae markers visible to party members but if that is the case it should ONLY be visible to Party / Raid members in case it causes small hang ups.
    (0)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiamiie View Post
    I strongly agree with OP. Having range circles/cones displayed is something that I've wanted ever since Beta of 1.0. However, it never came.
    As it was mentioned before, for instant skills/spells, simply hovering over the skill icon should display the range circle/cone.

As for hardcore players that "dislike being spoon-fed", simply turn it off in the config menu as it would need to be a client-side visual aid.

One more thing, the spells and skills, as it was mentioned, should definitely be displayed as wide half-spheres like we see in the videos. A simply copy-paste of the individual animation in front of everyone is probably the lamest AoE skill/spell effect I've ever seen. Especially in an MMO, visual is extremely important this should be part of it.

The devs are doing a great job and I hope Yoshi-P & cie have thought of it already and it is in motion of becoming reality. ^^
    thank you
    (0)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Player

I think if they updated the spell effects to indicate the area over which the AoE has an effect, then that would suffice, and an AoE indicator would not be necessary.

The stupid thing in 1.0, and probably 2.0, is that when you cast something, the animation effect only activates on the mob you attack. So you cannot even really practice gauging the range from casting it and observing the distance. You can't cast Firaga and see the range. If they changed this (where for example the Firaga animation effect would extend in a circle around the targeted mob representing its area of effect), then it would make learning your AoE range a much more organic process, and negate the need for the aoe indicator.

I mean, if you watch this video, you can clearly see an indication of the AoE. Learning the distance for each spell would then become a natural process, and a display marker would become somewhat redundant. In FFXIV, you can't really learn the AoE distances, because there's no visual display for most of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SheR...mbedded#t=176s
    (0)
    Last edited by bobbygunz; 10-31-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Happy Friday everyone!

In A Realm Reborn we will be implementing a system for raid dungeon bosses and other big baddies where an AoE range display will be shown as they are charging up to perform their attacks, and after a couple of seconds everything in range will be hit (hint: MOVE!). Similar to the suggestions in this thread, it is very possible to have the same kind of system for players in the future, so the development team will keep this in mind.

As an aside, in A Realm Reborn the buffing range is extremely wide and has been set to 40m, so if you are in a dungeon you will be able to cast the spells on all party members easily, so no more players getting out of range of Stoneskin and other enhancements
    (115)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Luca Abbot
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Happy Friday everyone!

In A Realm Reborn we will be implementing a system for raid dungeon bosses and other big baddies where an AoE range display will be shown as they are charging up to perform their attacks, and after a couple of seconds everything in range will be hit (hint: MOVE!). Similar to the suggestions in this thread, it is very possible to have the same kind of system for players in the future, so the development team will keep this in mind.

As an aside, in A Realm Reborn the buffing range is extremely wide and has been set to 40m, so if you are in a dungeon you will be able to cast the spells on all party members easily, so no more players getting out of range of Stoneskin and other enhancements
    Yay, thanks Camate!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Thal's Balls! These forums are hot enough to melt an ice goddess.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast