Player
    Character
    Vai Greystone
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Holy crap, awesome news

Wonder how this'll affect Bard and landing different songs on different party members, though. Still, awesome news!
    (0)
    7UP!

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Happy Friday everyone!

In A Realm Reborn we will be implementing a system for raid dungeon bosses and other big baddies where an AoE range display will be shown as they are charging up to perform their attacks, and after a couple of seconds everything in range will be hit (hint: MOVE!). Similar to the suggestions in this thread, it is very possible to have the same kind of system for players in the future, so the development team will keep this in mind.

As an aside, in A Realm Reborn the buffing range is extremely wide and has been set to 40m, so if you are in a dungeon you will be able to cast the spells on all party members easily, so no more players getting out of range of Stoneskin and other enhancements
    WOOOOT!!

(0)

Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    Holy crap, awesome news

Wonder how this'll affect Bard and landing different songs on different party members, though. Still, awesome news!
    Hehehee strategy. Anyway, all they have to do is allow 2 songs per bard like XI and there's zero issues.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Suirieko Mizukoshi
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Honestly, I'd rather them show the distance indicator than the AoE attack range indicator. This is making the game a little too easy, but to each their own.

Oh, and before some of you even begin to tout "They'll make it so you can turn it off." that means nothing. If it's there, may as well have it on. this is the same case with aggressive mobs indicator, a lot of people were upset about it because they feel it makes the game easier and ruins exploration (which is true, it eliminates the fun out of exploring, by making things less unknown).

Being spoon fed displays isn't what makes a player a better player, but actually learning from the mistakes and problems from the previous fights and applying it to the next fight is what makes the players stronger. I can agree that it can be tricky to judge the distance from the mobs (case in point, coincounter in Aurum Vale), but that can be easily combated with a distance indicator, rather than displaying the AoE attack range.

Secondly, I personally always like the challenge and the guess work of judging what the attack range of each bosses will be. Does giving us the ability to toggle this display changes that? No. I'm going to have to play it on because people I'm going to play with will expect me to have it on.

In the long run, this is good news for those who don't play as much or as well as others do, and makes it less likely for parties to fail due to players not able to judge distance, so I guess I'm indifference about it.
    (8)
    Suirieko Mizukoshi of Excalibur Lamia

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Suirieko View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather them show the distance indicator than the AoE attack range indicator. This is making the game a little too easy, but to each their own.

Oh, and before some of you even begin to tout "They'll make it so you can turn it off." that means nothing. If it's there, may as well have it on. this is the same case with aggressive mobs indicator, a lot of people were upset about it because they feel it makes the game easier and ruins exploration (which is true, it eliminates the fun out of exploring, by making things less unknown).

Being spoon fed displays isn't what makes a player a better player, but actually learning from the mistakes and problems from the previous fights and applying it to the next fight is what makes the players stronger. I can agree that it can be tricky to judge the distance from the mobs (case in point, coincounter in Aurum Vale), but that can be easily combated with a distance indicator, rather than displaying the AoE attack range.

Secondly, I personally always like the challenge and the guess work of judging what the attack range of each bosses will be. Does giving us the ability to toggle this display changes that? No. I'm going to have to play it on because people I'm going to play with will expect me to have it on.

In the long run, this is good news for those who don't play as much or as well as others do, and makes it less likely for parties to fail due to players not able to judge distance, so I guess I'm indifference about it.
    Cracks under your feet is an indicator, yet people still die from eruptions.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Jacien Visenad
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Suirieko View Post

(4)

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRiser View Post
    Indeed, the cracks are an indicator specific to the boss, but that's not for every attack. Garuda has no AoE indication on range of attacks, just that hiding behind a rock will protect you. Moogles have zero range indication. Buffalos have zero range indication and so on. You'd logically think standing under a big ass foot is a bad idea, but a lot of MMO gamers need a marker to know that xD.

This is more of a "Every attack that is AoE will be clearly marked" type of deal, rather than certain attacks that are hazards are marked. Eruption and Plumes are just arena hazards, Ifrit's swinging can hit multiple people so that's technically something that will get an AoE marker lol. So changing the flow of battle really depends on how far they take it and what they consider to be an AoE attack worthy of displaying the range or not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vanilla Latte
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Hehehee strategy. Anyway, all they have to do is allow 2 songs per bard like XI and there's zero issues.
    Yes, or there will be issues with brd as sometimes it's better to have different songs for different players in the group.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Suirieko Mizukoshi
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRiser View Post
    Ifrit isn't even what I had in mind at all, and of course there's endless excuses about Ifrit and Eruptions anyway (IE Server lags) issues that should be solved, we'll see how many new excuses in 2.0.
    (0)
    Suirieko Mizukoshi of Excalibur Lamia

Player
    Character
    Lin Celistine
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Could be fun, could be pointless.

My only concern is that they don't supplant graphic indicators with simple symbols for each one. I happened to like the visual queues for both the cracks and the tornadoes for their respective primal. I don't want that to be replaced by tiny red circle outlines.

As far as its impact on the game's playstyle. Seeming the game is faster paced in the future, I'm ok with this.
    (1)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast