Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladon View Post
    How would you do this with instant cast spells/abilities? You push the button and the skill goes off so you can't really confirm the radius before using it.
    Holding the button brings up the AOE target, releasing it casts the spell.

If you have enough time to consider radius, you have enough time to hold the button.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiote View Post
    Holding the button brings up the AOE target, releasing it casts the spell.

If you have enough time to consider radius, you have enough time to hold the button.
    That, or, if it's a move that hits everything surrounding you (like Blizzara), you could just hover your cursor/mouse over the spell's icon, and the AOE ring would show up then before you actually set it off. I've seen League of Legends do it that way for certain moves.
    (3)
    Last edited by Tetsaru; 10-30-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmonte View Post
    the OP want spoon fed where his AoE is going to land. something you can do right now with enough skill and practice in your class therefor skilled player doesn't need this.

Wants wanted is clear no Learning Curve at all and im 100% against this.
    Who do you think I am? I'm in no way a bad mage so please stop that just because I want a user friendly UI to keep the learning curve low doesn't mean I'm a bad player who wants to be fed everything.
    (2)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    The spells and WS you listed are AoE centering around you. Fire/Fira etc are spells targeting an enemy.

In SE's quest to make this a generic MMO, you won't ever have to worry about this lol, especially since they did it in FFXI and we know how well XI concepts fly around these parts.

Would be fun to see the toggle button come back with aoe targeting. Like in FF9 (I think?) you could make any spell aoe - awesome XD.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    This is a good suggestion and while we're at it, can we have it so that Blizzara does not actually go off if there are no enemies in range just like other spells are cancelled when the target dies.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cynthis; 10-30-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Player
    Character
    Shal Zee
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    SWTOR has AOE marker. It should be able to implement here.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kurai Kitsune
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    OMG why not just have an auto cure button as well? sod it make a bot that will play the game for us.. i have been WHM main since FFXI and never had any trouble healing. if the party wont listen to, /p <Gather together> for buffs, then it their fault if they die imo
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurai View Post
    OMG why not just have an auto cure button as well?
    There is. It's called Second Wind.

if the party wont listen to, /p <Gather together> for buffs, then it their fault if they die imo
    It's cool, I hate it when people run from buffs/cures as well. Makes me wish they still let us cast while running (especially in places like Dzaemel Darkhold where you need to keep the tank healed as you're running behind them and dodging the floating eyes' attacks), although I've heard rumors of SE bringing it back for ARR.

Still, having some icons of some sort to show the range of your spells would be helpful, in my opinion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I would like a range indicator too so i know how far away from the boss i am i dont die his aoe.

If they implement this it could least be used as a workaround for not having a range indicator.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    OMG why not just have an auto cure button as well? sod it make a bot that will play the game for us.. i have been WHM main since FFXI and never had any trouble healing. if the party wont listen to, /p <Gather together> for buffs, then it their fault if they die imo
    FFXI is and old type of mmo amazing for its time but that has nothing to do with UI enhancements for ease of play this wont cast the AE for you it will just show how far it will hit. So why mention a autocure button?
    (0)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast