Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Most people figure out AoE ranges pretty quickly, at least all the good mages have. If this is implemented hopefully it's client side, otherwise in content that requires more than 3 mages it's going to be a visual mess.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alec Temet
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    This isn't a bad idea, and I certainly would not complain if it were added, but I'm afraid I must be the first to make the ever-cliche "that's too easy" argument. I won't say that this is something that should not be added ever, but for myself, I always took great pride in knowing exactly how wide my radius was without any visual indication (for the record, this refers to FFXI, I decided to change gears in XIV and play melee classes, but the principle is the same). It's just another one of these little things that separate a practiced mage and a new mage, and something experienced players can be proud of knowing.

As I said though, this isn't a bad suggestion outright, and it might do more good than harm.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Psy Kotsu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Most people figure out AoE ranges pretty quickly, at least all the good mages have. If this is implemented hopefully it's client side, otherwise in content that requires more than 3 mages it's going to be a visual mess.
    It doesn't really take much to figure out AoE ranges on spells. Your "good" mages will just be casting spells quicker since they understand the range and the mages-in-training will take a little bit more time matching up the indicator for what they want their spells to hit.

It would definitely have to be client side. I don't think they wanna take anymore steps backwards.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Enma View Post
    With some practice, or just a distance meter, you can solve the problem. What I care much is why the hell we have a cap on mobs that can be hit?! (You know that it's probably 8 or so)
    wow thats not ok lol, they need to add the max amount of people that it will hit on the description.
    (1)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladon View Post
    How would you do this with instant cast spells/abilities? You push the button and the skill goes off so you can't really confirm the radius before using it.
    That's very true I didn't really keep that in mind but certain spells would really benefit from this like Benediction, Benediction if used properly if one of those spells that can really help turn a fight from o crap wipe to wow good save and there needs to be something more to assist in visual aid then what is currently is there especially because its in a very long cool down timer.
    (0)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    That's very true, but at the same time this could really help new/old players in my opinion. I'm obviously not saying that the old players need this but it couldn't hurt if implemented properly this could add more substance to timed/precision attacks .
    (0)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Player
    Character
    India Paleale
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    OP took a lot of work and I respect that.

However I agree that learning your AOE range is a part of learning the job's abilities.

This seems more like training wheels in the long run, so if they do implement it I hope we can optionally disable.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AzuraSin View Post
    OP took a lot of work and I respect that.

However I agree that learning your AOE range is a part of learning the job's abilities.

This seems more like training wheels in the long run, so if they do implement it I hope we can optionally disable.
    Thats true, but I really think that if they don't add this then maybe they should add a farther hit distance to all ae spells mainly because you shouldn't have to be on top of who ever to get the spell ability to hit them. Visual aids can be extremely helpful though for certain abilities that lack in any animation like blizzara and bene.
    (1)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Player
    Character
    India Paleale
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohenheim View Post
    Thats true, but I really think that if they don't add this then maybe they should add a farther hit distance to all ae spells mainly because you shouldn't have to be on top of who ever to get the spell ability to hit them. Visual aids can be extremely helpful though for certain abilities that lack in any animation like blizzara and bene.
    Totally understand what you're saying, but it seems like you want the system to adapt to you rather than you adapting to the system. TBH they may change the way AOE works in ARR entirely (e.g. you might cast Blizzara at a target rather than around yourself, who knows), but that is rampant speculation.

Also, you can use Resonance to increase the effective range of your AoE ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AzuraSin View Post
    Totally understand what you're saying, but it seems like you want the system to adapt to you rather than you adapting to the system. TBH they may change the way AOE works in ARR entirely (e.g. you might cast Blizzara at a target rather than around yourself, who knows), but that is rampant speculation.

Also, you can use Resonance to increase the effective range of your AoE ^^
    Lol, I know that and I don't the game catered to me I just know that there are systems that this mmo is lacking that others do in fact have. Some systems don't always make sense but when they are added it makes things just so much easier and even as small as a sound to let you know you have agro or a sound letting you know that agro has returned to its territory.
    (1)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast