Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by mbncd View Post
    Um, I think you have that back to front, FFXIV isn't the predecessor of FFXI o.o?

I'm sorry you're right ^^; I fixed it.

So you'll always be able to change your hair. That's kind of cool.

When did they mention this? And where?
    (0)
    Last edited by Rex; 11-08-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Watching this video again for the third time now. I'm so happy with the direction of this game already.

Final Fantasy XI is magical and alive. I started that game when I was 12. It left a huge impression on me and will always have a huge place in my heart. I still sign on occasionally for some nostalgia and I turn 21 in 2013.

Final Fantasy XIV as it is right now, felt very stranger-like. And no where near as magical as XI was is.

A Realm Reborn, just by watching this character creation demo and listening to this beautiful music, it's almost as if it's actually a reborn XI...saying, "Welcome back, Rex."
    (2)
    Last edited by Rex; 11-08-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I'm sorry you're right ^^; I fixed it.

So you'll always be able to change your hair. That's kind of cool.

When did they mention this? And where?
    Sorry, I don't know where the post is off the top of my head. I did read it directly from a rep though, not just an endless line of he said, she said, he said, she said. It's been mentioned a few times. Most recent was around mid October I think. If someone has the quote or link on hand, that would be great, otherwise you might have to go digging for a while. Good luck.
    (0)

Player

Sliders & Color Palettes!

Looks great, but I still do not understand why square doesn't use sliders instead of 4-5 options. This applies to every option, and not just height, and would only add to making more unique heroes. Seriously, how hard is it to take a color palette instead of limiting color choices for hair/eyes/tattoos? The best character creation I've seen was in an MMO that came out in 2008, Aion (タワー オブ アイオン). Don't let SK outdo you Japan it's not like I'm asking you to enable 6ft lalafell or 3ft roegadyn or chunky miqo'te, just give us the option of being more unique without so many restrictions to our options.

Like this post if you want sliders and color palettes!

edit: also would like to see a slider for hair length/hair extensions...but that may be getting greedy
    (4)
    Last edited by Okami; 11-12-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Affidon Kepler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Okami View Post
    Looks great, but I still do not understand why square doesn't use sliders instead of 4-5 options. This applies to every option, and not just height, and would only add to making more unique heroes. Seriously, how hard is it to take a color palette instead of limiting color choices for hair/eyes/tattoos? The best character creation I've seen was in an MMO that came out in 2008, Aion (タワー オブ アイオン). Don't let SK outdo you Japan it's not like I'm asking you to enable 6ft lalafell or 3ft roegadyn or chunky miqo'te, just give us the option of being more unique without so many restrictions to our options.

Like this post if you want sliders and color palettes!

edit: also would like to see a slider for hair length/hair extensions...but that may be getting greedy
    I'm sure Square has their reasons for not adding it. I don't know what those reasons are but I assume it's not simply "we don't want to." But then again, maybe it is....who knows.
    (0)
    Check out my blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com for technology and game reviews.

Player

Whatever happenend to Female Highlanders?

Show me a female highlander please or I may have to make a thread about it grrrrr:P

Yes I know they are not in alpha, a screenshot will do.
    (0)
    Last edited by Thebard; 11-29-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Player

Female Highlanders?
    (2)

Player

One per day isn't spamming right? Any news of female highlanders?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebard View Post
    One per day isn't spamming right? Any news of female highlanders?
    I don't think that a thread about the Alpha version is an appropriate place to ask about something that you know is purposely not in the Alpha. Maybe you should make/find a thread about female highlanders. You're almost certainly not going to get non Alpha related answers from a rep here. Good luck.
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by mbncd View Post
    I don't think that a thread about the Alpha version is an appropriate place to ask about something that you know is purposely not in the Alpha. Maybe you should make/find a thread about female highlanders. You're almost certainly not going to get non Alpha related answers from a rep here. Good luck.
    I did and it was a bad idea...
    (0)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13