Player
    Character
    Azury Ariella
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Would you care if SE ignored you?

I'm trying not to turn this into a negative thread.

Right now a lot of people have all jobs at 50 or many at 50.
    2.0 is supposed to bring in a lot of new players to make this game a success

So I think it's fairly logical to assume that SE will have to make some serious choices.
    Add content for low levels in updates
    or Add content for high levels in updates

If they balance the content, I have a feeling people will complain that compared to other games, the updates are slow and have no substance.

But if they skew the content to the older players or to the lower players they may annoy x-group of people.

Further, with a quest-based leveling system I'm assuming once you get to 50 with maybe 2 jobs, things will get really repetitive. And that might have a negative effect on subscribership (as to compete with current players new players have to level 3 or 4 jobs)

So I'm wondering. If SE focused more on the leveling process for the first year, as opposed to a new dungeon every 2months, would you be cool with that?

Personally I would (And I have all dow/dom at 50)
    (10)
    Mew!

Player
    Character
    Xatsh Vei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Most people who have characters at endgame I see quitting if SE did this. We played this game with a massive lack of content for over 2yrs... SE gets no more time, new game or not... they must have a large endgame and everything else at launch and in constant updates.

This is a unique situation but SE has no choice, they must do both. If they do not have a big enough staff they need to hire more. Atm this game is considered crap, if the game releases with no/little content (endgame is what keeps ppl playing) the game will remain crap no matter what other changes SE does.

I think it is only fair us as gamers we give SE no time after launch to get the game right, they had 2 yrs.

SE has no choice they must have a lot of endgame, alot of mid game, and alot of early game.... or all of us on this forum better start looking for a new mmo. Updates must address all areas of the game not just early game.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Most of the old players aren't even finished with the current content. They don't have all primal weapons, hamlet and darklight gear or relics. These things will keep people busy for a while.

Of course, there are some people who have completed everything. I do hope they'll add something new to do but I don't expect them to build us 10 new things for the release (nor are they going to).
    (4)
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    SE should do both. If they only focus on one group of players then the other will most likely get bored and stop playing. Hopefully once the game is out...they can devote their entire team and efforts to just updates. I believe we will see much more content in the updates after ARR is released officially.
    (1)

Player

Whichever decision to please majority, more subs = more money = faster updates/expansion.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    SE said they have made loads of stuff for low levels so i don't see issue there. They had over 300 people working 2.0 so they had more then enough time to make dungeon and raids and stuff for low level. They said that they made enough dungeon for you to level to 50.

So i don't see a issue with low levels and crystal tower wont be in 2.0 but it would be release later and they keep adding new floors too it for us to enjoy to end of the game i bet lol.

So no one is being ignored there enough stuff for everyone even solo players with the solo type dungeon.
    (2)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Some people won't have the slightest idea of realism, and will bitch because SE will allegedly be caring about the other group more than them (whatever SE does).

But that's ok, we all know that realism has very little footing in the current MMORPG playerbase, and especially on this forum, where the same people do nothing else than complaining all the damn time.

People that burned themselves out to bring ALL the jobs at 50, will have to realize that they are a *vastly* outnumbered minority.

PS: Just as a little detail, you won't have all the jobs at 50 come ARR, no matter what.
    (3)
    Last edited by Abriael; 10-28-2012 at 02:33 AM.
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    Avraym Kent
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 77
    Jesus christ, content for low levels? Leveling is ludicriously fast, even in a casual sense, and the dev's said it would only be faster in 2.0.

Why focus on content that is such a tiny stepping stone in the game (not to mention one that becomes redundant).

That being said they already announced there will be some new content for low levels.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I'm trying not to turn this into a negative thread.
    So I'm wondering. If SE focused more on the leveling process for the first year, as opposed to a new dungeon every 2months, would you be cool with that?

You talk so much about satisfying the casual/first 3 month crowd, but you want to focus on leveling. The majority of that group wants to hit max level in a few days and clear out all the endgame and leave.

and SE ignores me already. I don't care as long as they make the game actually fun.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Avraym View Post
    Jesus christ, content for low levels? Leveling is ludicriously fast, even in a casual sense, and the dev's said it would only be faster in 2.0.
    Actually, they've said it will be slower.

For completely new players who just started about how long would it take to understand the system in general?

Y:
    The answer to that one will change depending on the definition of system in general. For myself I am thinking of level 15 as an ideal level for setting up a party and trying out a dungeon. If you don’t sidetrack to get to that point probably would take about 30 hours.

Why did you plan 30 hours?

Y:
    If the starting point is too fast it would make the later stages hard, also if you try to cram everything at once you can’t remember them. By learning the official you have to use them several times or you won't learn it, thinking of that it’s about 30 hours. If you play 2 hours a day it’s about 2 weeks timing.
    4Gamer interview 16th August 2012. Quoted from Reinheart's translation, bolded by me.
    (7)
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast