Player
    Character
    Azury Ariella
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Would you care if SE ignored you?

I'm trying not to turn this into a negative thread.

Right now a lot of people have all jobs at 50 or many at 50.
    2.0 is supposed to bring in a lot of new players to make this game a success

So I think it's fairly logical to assume that SE will have to make some serious choices.
    Add content for low levels in updates
    or Add content for high levels in updates

If they balance the content, I have a feeling people will complain that compared to other games, the updates are slow and have no substance.

But if they skew the content to the older players or to the lower players they may annoy x-group of people.

Further, with a quest-based leveling system I'm assuming once you get to 50 with maybe 2 jobs, things will get really repetitive. And that might have a negative effect on subscribership (as to compete with current players new players have to level 3 or 4 jobs)

So I'm wondering. If SE focused more on the leveling process for the first year, as opposed to a new dungeon every 2months, would you be cool with that?

Personally I would (And I have all dow/dom at 50)
    (10)
    Mew!

Player
    Character
    Xatsh Vei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Most people who have characters at endgame I see quitting if SE did this. We played this game with a massive lack of content for over 2yrs... SE gets no more time, new game or not... they must have a large endgame and everything else at launch and in constant updates.

This is a unique situation but SE has no choice, they must do both. If they do not have a big enough staff they need to hire more. Atm this game is considered crap, if the game releases with no/little content (endgame is what keeps ppl playing) the game will remain crap no matter what other changes SE does.

I think it is only fair us as gamers we give SE no time after launch to get the game right, they had 2 yrs.

SE has no choice they must have a lot of endgame, alot of mid game, and alot of early game.... or all of us on this forum better start looking for a new mmo. Updates must address all areas of the game not just early game.
    (17)

Quote Originally Posted by Xatsh View Post
    Most people who have characters at endgame I see quitting if SE did this. We played this game with a massive lack of content for over 2yrs... SE gets no more time, new game or not... they must have a large endgame and everything else at launch and in constant updates.
    I agree but I'm sorry to break it to you: Current XIV players < The potential of hundreds of thousands if not millions of new players. The latter is the priority for SE or they wouldn't even be relaunching this game. They're not going to pour in all of this work for 10-30k people playing it, this is why they're not going to revamp XI completely because the playerbase isn't what it used to be so it wouldn't be financially wise to do so, which is why they even begun XIV to begin with.

So just don't be surprised if there's 100x more content for new players to be satisfied compared to content specifically for old players.

E has no choice they must have a lot of endgame
    They'll have end-game, but I guarantee it won't be a lot because it only benefits a small number of people off the bat, which means they'll have adquate time to build it up if:

alot of early game
    This is true..and:

alot of mid game
    This is true. That means there's enough to keep their targeted playerbase happy even if End-game is slacking initially. They should cater to everyone, sure, but let's be realistic here, they're not caring about us as much as they are about making this game succeed.
    (2)
    Last edited by Elexia; 10-28-2012 at 03:14 AM.

Player

This is a unique situation but SE has no choice, they must do both. If they do not have a big enough staff they need to hire more. Atm this game is considered crap, if the game releases with no/little content (endgame is what keeps ppl playing) the game will remain crap no matter what other changes SE does.

I think it is only fair us as gamers we give SE no time after launch to get the game right, they had 2 yrs.

SE has no choice they must have a lot of endgame, alot of mid game, and alot of early game.... or all of us on this forum better start looking for a new mmo. Updates must address all areas of the game not just early game.

Go ahead and quit. Or, treat it as a new game, and start a new toon, with your old one "financing" your journey.

I really am sick of the fanboi mentality of this community. Go ahead alienate all the new players, and watch as the game is cancelled due to poor subscription numbers.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Atm this game is considered crap.
    I'm sorry but... who are you? These are some pretty wild-eyed assertions...

Translation: I vehemently and irrevocably disagree.

If you can put in the effort, there is plenty of content, even at 50 every job. I've never run out of stuff to do, even now, thoroughly entertained all the way.
    (8)
    Last edited by Duuude007; 10-28-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duuude007 View Post
    I'm sorry but... who are you? These are some pretty wild-eyed assertions...

Translation: I vehemently and irrevocably disagree.

If you can put in the effort, there is plenty of content, even at 50 every job. I've never run out of stuff to do, even now, thoroughly entertained all the way.
    It's true. Only reason I'm twiddling my thumbs right now is because I don't want to start anything long-term with so little time left, and I want to save a lot of the short-term stuff (like leveling my remaining classes) for 2.0. There is plenty I've left unfinished, and I have far more free time than most players. I'm sure the only people who can't say this sort of thing are the ones who have all 7 relics, have done every dungeon, have every skirmish/primal weapon, and have all crafts leveled. I wonder what percent of the playerbase falls in that category.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player

I semi agree but I would be willing to give them one more year so as long as they have some content and hopefully pvp at launch I will be perfectly content because I know there is several things that will come in subsequent patches after launch. A lot of old content is being rehashed and redone and hopefully with new rewards.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Za'karn Riskbreaker
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Gamescom 2012: Our Interview with Naoki Yoshida
    JPGames-Frederick: There was much talk about planned content for Final Fantasy XIV 2.0, which content will be there right from the start and which will be implemented later? I’m talking about content such as PvP, Crystal Tower, free companies, free companies housing, chocobo breeding system etc.

Yoshida: About the Crystal Tower and the chocobo-racing and the free companies, we cannot have this right at the launch, about PvP … we hope to have it at launch but because of all the balancing issues and with me being a hardcore PvP-player we want to make it perfect before releasing. We might have to keep adjusting and because of that we might not make it in time but if that is the case we hope to have it at the latest within a few months after launch and hopefully at the launch. The same thing goes for the housing system, but we hope to have that very soon after launch as well.
    I hope PvP makes it in right away, but if not, it should be soon there after. I dont think we will have to wait for an expansion to be able to PvP. i hope the same goes for the housing system. The golden saucer, i can wait for an expansion.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Most of the old players aren't even finished with the current content. They don't have all primal weapons, hamlet and darklight gear or relics. These things will keep people busy for a while.

Of course, there are some people who have completed everything. I do hope they'll add something new to do but I don't expect them to build us 10 new things for the release (nor are they going to).
    (4)
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Taika View Post
    Most of the old players aren't even finished with the current content. They don't have all primal weapons, hamlet and darklight gear or relics. These things will keep people busy for a while.

Of course, there are some people who have completed everything. I do hope they'll add something new to do but I don't expect them to build us 10 new things for the release (nor are they going to).
    Not everyone has OCD. FFXIV has the option to play all classes, but it does not mandate that you have to play all classes. For some people, getting all primal weapons is just obsessive and pointless. They want the weapons they can use on their main classes, and then want to move on.

I think the reason we try to 100% complete things at present is because , well, what else are we going to do?

So saying people haven't completed all content because they havent grinded everything 100+ times just depends on the definition of "completion". Many gamers might consider that a bit excessive.
    (2)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast