Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    If they add level 25 content, why cant a 50 do it when you technically get auto-synced to 25. The only downside is you get level 25 loot haha. Not so much fun.

This is something GW2 did right you get rewards based on your level not the content (ignoring that their gear stat system is complete and utter wank lol).

I have all dow/dom at 50 but I would still do some low level content since it be challenging, and I hope i can help people out so that it makes the "repetitiveness" more easier.

Also even though you level primarily by quests, there are levelling dungeons in the content finder, we have been told this, so I assume this to be no different than grinding in a beastman camp.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mayoi Hachikuji
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Avraym View Post
    Jesus christ, content for low levels? Leveling is ludicriously fast, even in a casual sense, and the dev's said it would only be faster in 2.0.

Why focus on content that is such a tiny stepping stone in the game (not to mention one that becomes redundant).

That being said they already announced there will be some new content for low levels.
    Where did they say leveling would be faster oO
    And ofc they will focus on stuff for the new ppl. If they don't they will leave the game really fast again. Adding only high end content would mean the new servers would be empty soonish and thats something SE doesnt wants.

So probably we will see upates for low and high stuff, but i think it will be by far more for the lowies in the first months.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Azury Ariella
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I'm under the impression that leveling will be slower but less grindy.
    My concern is that it will work great for 1 or 2 jobs
    But who wants to repeat the same quest for 6 jobs?

To me logic would dictate that to make the game a success, SE will have to focus on low levels for a bit, in order to attract lots of new players.

The fact that crystal tower won't be out at 2.0 tells me that they don't have the time to balance between low level content and high level content. I don't think people would be too impressed with -just- crystal tower updates.

I'm not saying they not have end-game content updates whatsoever. Just that the -focus- on making the entire game an experience before they focus on time-sinks for end game players.
    (0)
    Mew!

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    When was this confirmed? I can't imagine repeating the same exact thing like....that many times.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    When was this confirmed? I can't imagine repeating the same exact thing like....that many times.

They've already said there will be a lot of quests, enough that you won't have to repeat them all for the first few classes.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Mayoi Hachikuji
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    But that is what usually happens with the quest level system.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurymber View Post
    I'm under the impression that leveling will be slower but less grindy.
    My concern is that it will work great for 1 or 2 jobs

To me logic would dictate that to make the game a success, SE will have to focus on low levels for a bit, in order to attract lots of new players.

The fact that crystal tower won't be out at 2.0 tells me that they don't have the time to balance between low level content and high level content. I don't think people would be too impressed with -just- crystal tower updates.

I'm not saying they not have end-game content updates whatsoever. Just that the -focus- on making the entire game an experience before they focus on time-sinks for end game players.
    Then dont do quests for 6 jobs, go to levelling dungeons when you get bored of quests.

There might even be mobs that are good for levelling, just because SE says mobs are not good doesn't mean that players won't find a way to level on mobs. Players find a lot of things SE don't foresee or didn't think would happen.

Also they wont be the same quests, because when asked in the presentation if you'd run out Yoshi said they'd be still plenty left over, so to speak you won't be repeating the same ones as much because some are one time only.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Azury Ariella
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by viion View Post
    Then dont do quests for 6 jobs, go to levelling dungeons when you get bored of quests.

There might even be mobs that are good for levelling, just because SE says mobs are not good doesn't mean that players won't find a way to level on mobs. Players find a lot of things SE don't foresee or didn't think would happen.

Also they wont be the same quests, because when asked in the presentation if you'd run out Yoshi said they'd be still plenty left over, so to speak you won't be repeating the same ones as much because some are one time only.
    As much as I'd love to believe SE, I seriously doubt they had the time or a large enough world to implement as many quests/events as games like guildwars. I can see quests lasting 2 jobs. Maybe 3. But not more.

I think people are getting a bit overly optimistic and assuming this game will be amazing and perfect at launch.

And even if mobs are good to level on: If you have most ppl leveling on quests getting a party for mob grinding will be hard. And i doubt anyone wants to grind for 150 levels in 3-4 dungeons with people-find. Then it's no different than now.
    (1)
    Mew!

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    I believe Yoshida said that at launch there will be a good 200-500 quests ( aside from the storyline missions/GC missions etc) after that every patch that comes out will have 200-300 more quests to tackle down. by the time 1 year of ARR comes around.. there will be like 2,000 quests to do, which is more than enough for the jobs that we currently have now. ( all depends on how much each quest gives us).

I think people are getting a bit overly optimistic
    And you seem to never be optimistic at all, all I hear from you basically is : "SE will not make it" nearly ever post you make is always negative and usually I don't see any support from you. Also, every thread you make is something negative about SE. Negativity is fine, but there is a silver lining somewhere. Find it
    (13)
    Last edited by Starlord; 10-28-2012 at 03:09 AM.
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurymber View Post
    As much as I'd love to believe SE, I seriously doubt they had the time or a large enough world to implement as many quests/events as games like guildwars. I can see quests lasting 2 jobs. Maybe 3. But not more.

I think people are getting a bit overly optimistic and assuming this game will be amazing and perfect at launch.

And even if mobs are good to level on: If you have most ppl leveling on quests getting a party for mob grinding will be hard. And i doubt anyone wants to grind for 150 levels in 3-4 dungeons with people-find. Then it's no different than now.
    Well what are you expecting? If they dont have time they dont have time. If they put in lots of ways and players dont like it, what is the problem? They put in 1 way players dont like it, what is the problem.

They're not magicians :P they can only do so much and so if they dont have everything done then thats just how thing will be regardless of whatever the player base want.

Considering you have 8 jobs (including Arcanist) then if you level 3 by quests/random events, 3 by dungeons/random events and then you have 2 level, go grind them.

Casual players will be far from getting 2-3-4 level 50's in the first week. and Hardcore players wont care if they have to pick up potatoes to level, they're hardcore and do it anyway.

So what is the problem here? There is no problem because nothing can be done about it and the only ones who will be truly effected, the game will have been out long enough to give SE time to work on it.
    (2)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast