Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Munba View Post
    Someone noticed the little crescent moon, near the exp bar?

It could be the moon-status, moved there with the UI Customization.
    Speaking of UI, I love the real-time XY location shown on the bottom of the map~
    (1)

Player
    I have not read the letter yet, just wanted to say thanks Yoshi for giving me a awesome BD present with a letter!

Har har!....oh now I feel old.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Yep, much like Shinryu in XI was..well, yeah that's obvious. While we're on that subject...

SE: Do not bring in Shinryu unless it's a super boss or end-boss like you did in XI Since right now it seems like things are going to be fairly low level boss(?) content just with an iconic design. Like for example we all remember getting rocked by an adamantoise or two in our FF playtime, so maybe it's just alpha testing and not placed properly yet, but definitely don't want to see Shinryu demoted D:
    It will be hard to implement Shinryu. Since we will have a gear progressive game and inevitable level caps, he has to be timed right. Shinryu is considered one of the hardest bosses in the series as a whole. In FF general lore, his powers are beyond even that of Cosmos and Chaos.

FFXI did kind of disappoint on this (Even though I thought it was awesome.). Not saying Shinryu, Ultima+Omega Weapon, and so on don't have a place in FFXIV, but they have to be implemented right. Perhaps maybe you can add him in and each expansion he has a new challenge that matches the level cap, fighting only fragments of his power. Dumb idea, but an idea is an idea.

On the case of NM's in the beseiged like areas at camps in FFXIV. I want NM's to be recognizable and iconic. So far, SE seems to be delivering. Iron Giant and Adamantoise are definite iconic monsters that can be considered an NM. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us.
    (1)

Btw SE:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe8G...eature=related

I better see this as ARC/RNG 2hr when you redo the skills again. This is how you make Widevolly/Rain of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Velhart View Post
    It will be hard to implement Shinryu. Since we will have a gear progressive game and inevitable level caps, he has to be timed right. Shinryu is considered one of the hardest bosses in the series as a whole. In FF general lore, his powers are beyond even that of Cosmos and Chaos.

FFXI did kind of disappoint on this (Even though I thought it was awesome.). Not saying Shinryu, Ultima+Omega Weapon, and so on don't have a place in FFXIV, but they have to be implemented right. Perhaps maybe you can add him in and each expansion he has a new challenge that matches the level cap, fighting only fragments of his power. Dumb idea, but an idea is an idea.

On the case of NM's in the beseiged like areas at camps in FFXIV. I want NM's to be recognizable and iconic. So far, SE seems to be delivering. Iron Giant and Adamantoise are definite iconic monsters that can be considered an NM. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us.
    Yeah I agree, I did like their XI implementation, but since Shinryu was always that optional super boss it did seem like he was a bit cheapened in XI due to the nature of Abyssea, while you needed all those buffs to even stand a chance, once you can get a brew..he was your bitch lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post
    EVERYONE SAVE YOUR WATER MATERIA! Eorzea's gonna flood with all the conjurers casting water.
    Was this the FLOOD of information we were supposed to receive?!
    (8)

Player
    The texture quality of the shell on that tortoise is incredible those are high settings o.o.
    About ported mobs there are several from FFXI :
    copy pasted: Imps,mandragoras,rafflesia,raptor,skeletons,ogres etc.
    but there are more copy pasted names with different looks: treant,puk,deremite,bogy,sheep,buffalo,gnat,ladybug,bees,chigoe,arhima,cactuar,crabs,efts, etc.
    really the only original mob i have seen in FFXIV is antelope
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Teisha Linne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    No one wondering what's that weird small widget near quests on the Tam-Tara screenshot? D:
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Velhart View Post

Shinryu, Ultima and Omega weapon were implemented terribly in XI. I'd rather them ignore them than make the same mistakes.

They were far from ultimate bosses. Shin is solo-able without a brew now-a-days.
    (0)

They were implemented fine honestly, they just didn't have foresight for certain things. Promathia turning into the ultimate being by succeeding? What's the ultimate boss of FF? Shinryu.

Weapons are a classic boss fight some stronger than others but Omega is classic and you usually can overcome all of the weapons very cheaply in some way so realistically, XI actually switched it up a bit in a good way. It could have been done better, but it wasn't done badly, just the lack of foresight on SE's part.
    (1)

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast